Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Chavez giving Obama the book

What do you guys think about Chavez giving Obama the book?

If I was Obama I would be very insulted. Such a political move has no place during an exchange of pleasantries.

I don't blame Obama. I think having a dialogue with those who you disagree with (with exceptions to ruthless dictators) is a sign of strength.

I do think the little experiment with reaching out to Chavez should be over. Obama should tell the world that his attempt at diplomacy was returned with an insult. IMO, I think the Western world would agree that Obama has proven that he has the moral high ground.

Unfortunately I don't think Obama is going to call Chavez out. I think he could really make Chavez look like a fool but I'm afraid that he's not going to do that.

party pooper
    vCash

Re: Chavez giving Obama the book

I thought "meh". Obama can always whip up a boxed set of Three's Company DVDs to give to Chavez and we can call the gift-exchange a draw.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU_Sooners75's Avatar
    vCash

What Obama needs to do is bring Chavez to the US.

Then give him a private tour (with Robert Gates) of the American Military might!

Then he should, in front of the cameras, hand the book back to Chavez and tell him he can shove the book up his ***.

Then mention to him that he has exactly 10 minutes to get back to his Hotel, gather his possessions, and get the hell out of the US!

If he wishes to have any dialogue with us, then he needs to show a little ****ing respect!

Quote Originally Posted by bornnbredou View Post

and before you tear into me remember, BOOMER SOONER!

Skip Bayless, is that you?

Sooner Benchwarmer theresonly1OU's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkjsooner View Post
    What do you guys think about Chavez giving Obama the book?

If I was Obama I would be very insulted. Such a political move has no place during an exchange of pleasantries.

I don't blame Obama. I think having a dialogue with those who you disagree with (with exceptions to ruthless dictators) is a sign of strength.

I do think the little experiment with reaching out to Chavez should be over. Obama should tell the world that his attempt at diplomacy was returned with an insult. IMO, I think the Western world would agree that Obama has proven that he has the moral high ground.

Unfortunately I don't think Obama is going to call Chavez out. I think he could really make Chavez look like a fool but I'm afraid that he's not going to do that.
    Dialogue is one thing.

Playing Oprah's book club with a dictator who called the genocidal Mugabe a "freedom fighter", your predecessor "Satan; Bush-hitler; the devil", told the previous Secretary of State "you don't want to mess with me, little girl" and announces to anyone who'll listen that "Capitalism is the pathway to hell" is very much another.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats" - H.L. Mencken

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

I would have slapped Hugo upside the head with the damn book, but that's just me. But then again, like Ike said, Barack has already been outed as a crappy gift giver.

I think what it comes down to is what did everybody really think would happen when he reaches out to these despotic **********s? Did people really think it would be peaches and cream or was it just transparent bull**** campaign rhetoric like it looked to be in the first place?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 salth2o's Avatar
    vCash

I am sure bho will emphatically apologize to Chavez for the way America has treated the Latin Americans.

Maybe even bow to him and who knows what else while he is down there.
    You only live once, but if you work it right...once is enough!

Brewmaster

vCash

You guys are crazy. You don't think Chavez's little book gift makes him look like a chump? Because I think so. We don't have to thump our chests after that - that just pisses other countries off. All Obama needs to do is not even react to Chavez's gift.
    ... that's not food.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU_Sooners75's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHavePride View Post
    You guys are crazy. You don't think Chavez's little book gift makes him look like a chump? Because I think so. We don't have to thump our chests after that - that just pisses other countries off. All Obama needs to do is not even react to Chavez's gift.

That is the pussified way out.

What Chavez did was slapping the US in the face of the President.

I wished my fellow democrats balls would drop. That or they would get a freaking pair!

I would have looked that the title then gave it back to him right then and there. Then give him my gift:

Quote Originally Posted by bornnbredou View Post

and before you tear into me remember, BOOMER SOONER!

Skip Bayless, is that you?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JLEW1818's Avatar
    vCash

If Obama would have dropped the book on purpose, I would have officially jumped on the Obama wagon.! ..... well maybe.. lol

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Crucifax Autumn's Avatar
    vCash

Obama could win a few of you over by publically urinating on it in the Oval Office! lol

When the Shooting Starts, We Kill What Moves
    Roland Deschain of Gilead
    ________

- Olevet Posse Gunslinger -

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Crucifax Autumn View Post
    Obama could win a few of you over by publically urinating on it in the Oval Office! lol
    true that....

vCash

Its gonna take some doing fer him to win me over .
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

What if he said he drank ovj ......

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jlew1818 View Post
    What if he said he drank ovj ......
    Im still waitin on him to come to the shack, Kick back and have a few shots with me .
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

"I'm Barack Obama and I approve this drink"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BudSooner's Avatar
    vCash

"Dearest Hugo,

I appreciate teh book, it has some light moments such as teh tourture of the innocents suspected of spying, good reading comrade.

As a gesture of good faith, I invite you to be here on July 4th to witness a military parade.....and if you **** with us, you will get to see first hand what we will shove up that fat/bloated/inbred *** of yours......

Sincerest BHO"

Heh, it would never happen though.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU_Sooners75 View Post
    I would have looked that the title then gave it back to him right then and there. Then give him my gift:
    Seriously, it would have been a great moment if Obama would have just given the book back to Chavez and said, "No thanks."

Unfortunately, the book was in Spanish and I don't think Obama was familiar with it so he couldn't immediately react to it. I'm not sure he would anyway but it would have been nice to see it.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonervegas's Avatar
    vCash

This is one area early in Obama's tenure where the Right has it "right". He needs to make a statement denouncing this moron....in the most non-chalant way possible, then move on.

He tried....no need to go to that well again.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BudSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Chavez giving Obama a hand job

That is more like it.

vCash

has anyone actually read the book?