Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Palin AG pick first state agency head ever to not be confirmed

http://www.adn.com/news/politics/story/762037.html

W.A.R. is kind of a jackass. People who've been around for a while may remember me talking about him claiming that pouring freezing water on nuns is a valid first amendment political expression.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: Palin AG pick first state agency head ever to not be confirmed

I think the underlying issue that's getting some Alaskan politicians upset (and possibly jealous) is that Sarah Palin is trying to maintain her national image as a party leader, as opposed to staying close to Alaska and being content as just Alaska's leader.

Rather than try to fight Palin at every turn, perhaps Alaska should look at a way to capitalize her household name status to encourage Alaskan tourism and businesses, much like Gov. Schwartzeneggar (sp?) does for California. Palin should also not just use the newfound fame as a way to become president in 2012, but also as a way to give back to her home state. Then, perhaps any lingering bitterness (or jealousy) over her fame would go away and she could influence fellow politicians back home, you betcha!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    I think the underlying issue that's getting some Alaskan politicians upset (and possibly jealous) is that Sarah Palin is trying to maintain her national image as a party leader, as opposed to staying close to Alaska and being content as just Alaska's leader.

Rather than try to fight Palin at every turn, perhaps Alaska should look at a way to capitalize her household name status to encourage Alaskan tourism and businesses, much like Gov. Schwartzeneggar (sp?) does for California. Palin should also not just use the newfound fame as a way to become president in 2012, but also as a way to give back to her home state. Then, perhaps any lingering bitterness (or jealousy) over her fame would go away and she could influence fellow politicians back home, you betcha!
    You sound pretty mavericky. (That's a good thing.)
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

There's certainly some sentiment that she should be tending to Alaska's business more-she's blown off some appointments with the Legislature and spent the last few days campaigning in Indiana-er, sorry, giving a speech that wasn't campaign-related at all to a pro-life group in Indiana-as the Legislative session wound down.

However, some of her troubles are directly attributable to picking fights with the Legislature-stuff that's kind of inside baseball, so I won't expound on it unless you really want me to, but stuff that's really riled some people up.

Beyond that, Ross was just a bad pick as AG. We've had governors who were unpopular with the Legislature before, but again-first time they've ever had their nomination sent packing.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Drunky Town Limnologist Fraggle145's Avatar
    vCash

Heh. president in 2012... lol.

If she was the representative of my home state I wouldnt want to advertise it either... just sayin.
    Quote Originally Posted by yermom
    your puny brain can't understand the awesomeness of God
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Sarah Palin is about as likely to be the R nominee for POTUS in 2012 as the lamp on my desk is.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

If I were a political strategist for the Democratic party, I sure wouldn't mind if she were.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggle145 View Post
    Heh. president in 2012... lol.

If she was the representative of my home state I wouldnt want to advertise it either... just sayin.
    We're both originally from Idaho and I certainly don't claim her.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sooner n houston's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny*Mack* View Post
    Sarah Palin is about as likely to be the R nominee for POTUS in 2012 as the lamp on my desk is.
    Wow, what brilliance!!! Was your lamp the R nominee for VP last year too?

Quote Originally Posted by sooner n houston View Post
    Wow, what brilliance!!! Was your lamp the R nominee for VP last year too?

Yeah, and it got it's *ss handed to it.

vCash

Well, I should sound mavericky, I'm also from the great white north and am a bona fide female republican.

Not saying Palin will be the nominee in 2012, but I'm saying that is probably one of her future goals, to continue being a national leader in the party.

Regardless of whether or not all of Alaska is proud their governor was the VP nominee and is now a household name, there are ways she can help the state overall through her newfound fame. Perhaps there's another Nowhere, Alaska that needs a bridge?

vCash

Her Mavericky ways are very arrogant. I say that because right now, everyone, like her are trying to pound Home that the way everything everywhere is being done is completely wrong and that she is ready to fight hard to stop it and put in policies that will work.

I like the idea of it. I just don't think she has the answers and that once she's dismantled what she thinks is wrong...America will be in the same situation or worse than right now.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sooner n houston's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KC//CRIMSON View Post
    Yeah, and it got it's *ss handed to it.
    Barack H. Obama, Joseph R. Biden, Jr. Democratic 69,498,216 52.87%
    John S. McCain, III Sarah H. Palin Republican 59,948,240 votes 45.61%

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/RESUL...=0&elect=0&f=0

Yea, kinda like a ten point loss in football right?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup View Post
    Her Mavericky ways are very arrogant. I say that because right now, everyone, like her are trying to pound Home that the way everything everywhere is being done is completely wrong and that she is ready to fight hard to stop it and put in policies that will work.

I like the idea of it. I just don't think she has the answers and that once she's dismantled what she thinks is wrong...America will be in the same situation or worse than right now.

Hmmm, that sounds awfully familiar, kinda like what is happening in Washington right now.

vCash

Why does your link label Obama states in red and McCain states in blue

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Hmmm, that sounds awfully familiar, kinda like what is happening in Washington right now.
    Agreed Harry. So why do we need her?

I hope things are getting better and that we can truely start a movement that will have all of us feeling that America is not even close to being in danger of losing the "America is the greatest place on Earth".

It seems that we have been on the move towards proving that America isn't a place where you could grow up to be President. Obama is proof that you can IMO.

In the words of the Maj Haj Rushie..."Words mean things". Seems President Obama's mean more than Rush's right now.

We'll see what they mean over the next four years I guess.

Unfortunately for you, the score (to which I was referring) is kept by the electoral vote.

67.8% > 32.2% *ss handed to it.
    Last edited by KC//CRIMSON; 4/20/2009 at 12:30 PM.

Sooner Benchwarmer theresonly1OU's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KC//CRIMSON View Post
    Unfortunately for you, the score (to which I was referring) is kept by the electoral vote.

67.8% > 32.2% *ss handed to it.
    Man, I'm so glad we've got people like you keeping track of the important things.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats" - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by theresonly1OU View Post
    Man, I'm so glad we've got people like you keeping track of the important things.

You're getting good at eating your foot.....

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=130592

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup View Post
    Agreed Harry. So why do we need her?
    Oh, don't misunderstand me. I don't like any politicians and could do without pretty much all of them.