Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    At the registration page taking my new name Readyfor9
    vCash

TMG, Warren, and Gallon... 4 year starters?

Starting lineup for next year Point TMG, 2 Warren, 3 Crocker, 4 Patillo, 5 Gallon. If Patillo can get a senior year like Taylor Griffin did this year, I think and we get anything like Blakes performance out of a combination of Warren and Gallon, with a true point in TMG I think this team is going to compete heavily with Kansas for the BigXII title.

But I think Warren would be gone to the lottery, does his size keep him in college for the following 2 years? He would have been a high second rounder this year, so I would say no.

After watching TMG play in the McDonalds AA game last night, I think his size could keep him at OU for all four years. Does anyone disagree with that?

The question mark to me is Gallon, he looked last night like a very athletic Kevin Bookout. Same body type maybe a little bigger, he can already drive the lane and has some range with a single Three, can he make a 10 footer consistantly? I'm just not sure he has the height in his jump shot to get over some of the bigger 4's and 5's in the league. I don't think Gallon stays 4 years, the NBA will be a strong pull for him his sophmore season, and if he stays that year, I think he is gone before he is a senior.

So can we get any 4 year starters out of our McD's AA recruits?
    Comedian Shane Parks, for more information, booking, and show dates visit...
    www.myspace.com/shaneparkscomedy

Yes I'm just starting out, but at least I think I'm funny.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mad Dog Madsen's Avatar
    vCash

Re: TMG, Warren, and Gallon... 4 year starters?

Well, I've seen a couple mock drafts that had Willie goin in the top 15 if he would have declared this year but I believe thats due to the lack of NBA talent in this years draft. (I mean there really isn't anybody in this years draft besides Big Blake) I also think there's no way Willie will be here for senior year. My money says if WW improves just a few little things in the upcoming season he'll be a lottery pick for sure. But that's just my .02 cents.

Warren will more than likely be gone after next season, his production should increase tremendously, and he has the highlight reel already, ESPN had him projected in the lottery up until the tourney. Gallon has stated that he wants to be one or two and done, he has the potential to be a high draft pick if he proves his work ethic/attitude are in check. TMG though could be a Byron Eaton kind of player, 4 years and all, hopefully with a little more consistency early on though.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mad Dog Madsen's Avatar
    vCash

Also, I haven't seen enough from TMG or Tiny to say how many years they could start at OU. Way too early for that.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I applaud you for your attempts to liven this dead board... but... I don't see these guys sticking if they're good enough to start 4 years.

On the positive side, at least the savior of Zona Tim Floyd who is a solid, hard working, successful head coach in all of his previous and current endeavors, will be off saving Zona so that Capel does not have to, so we can be having this conversation. Did I mention that I think Floyd is the perfect person for the Zona job? FAR better than Capel.

CEO, Devastation, Inc. John Kochtoston's Avatar
    vCash

Gallon's awfully small for a center, as well.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

The Supreme Court of the United States will only grant a writ of certiorari when a state decision is based on both state and federal law if the state law is either a) not sufficient in and of itself to support the ruling or b) the ruling under state law is based on an interpretation of federal law. It is presumed that state courts are the final arbiter of what their state laws are.

Long v. Michigan stated that the court reserves the right to make the determination if a state ruling is independent of an interpretation of a federal law. Long sued the State of Michigan under the Fourth and Fifth Amendments of the US Constitution, as well as similar provisions under the Michigan State Constitution. The Michigan Supreme Court held that the search of Long's vehicle was in violation of both the Michigan State Consitution and the US Constitution's substantively similar provisions against unreasonable search and seizure. The Supreme Court, in granting certorari, held that while the state-level ruling would be adequate to sustain the original holding, it was based on a misreading of federal law and was therefore not independent.
    Last edited by Frozen Sooner; 4/2/2009 at 06:17 PM.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sooner View Post
    Long v. Michigan stated that the court reserves the right to make the determination if a state ruling is independent of an interpretation of a federal law.
    This bored be dead

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Yeah, ****, I got that caption wrong. It should be Michigan v. Long. Long won the initial suit at state court and Michigan appealed.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by John Kochtoston View Post
    Gallon's awfully small for a center, as well.
    Yea, but he can shoot. He'll be a 4 at the next level.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan28 View Post
    Yea, but he can shoot. He'll be a 4 at the next level.
    Agree there, though I think he might spend some time at 5. Perhaps even 3, if OU decides they need to go big.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Gallon has about the same chance to play the 3 as I do.
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

My crystal ball might need recalibrated but my thinking is if TMG, Warren and Gallon turn out like I think they will then

1. Warren's gone after next year
    2. Gallon probably is a 2-year guy
    3. Mason-Griffin could be a 4-year guy

Part of bringing in Gacyburger AA's is that you are going to get guys that leave early. My thinking is if Capel can show a track record of sending guys like Griffin, Warren, Gallon, etc early to the NBA it will only help bringing more in.
    "My landmass erupts with kittens."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by King Crimson View Post
    Gallon has about the same chance to play the 3 as I do.
    Oh, I don't think it will be a regular thing. But, if we need to go big for some reason, I could see us throwing Gallon out at the three, Wright at the 4 and Allen at Center. Gallon, in that scenario, would be more like a second power forward, that could step out and hit shots. His defense wouldn't be good enough to keep him there very long, though.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Hard Corn Frog View Post
    My thinking is if Capel can show a track record of sending guys like Griffin, Warren, Gallon, etc early to the NBA it will only help bringing more in.
    good point

vCash

remember just because Gallon hit a 3 in the McD's AA game doesn't mean he can consistently do it, Blake had a few 3's this year and a decent percentage but he isn't a 3 shooter.

I personally look at Gallons three yesterday as a guy that is way better than the high school competition and can do anything he wants in that kind of game, but that doesn't mean he can do that at the College level. He probably would never play a 3 position at OU.

He is a bit short for an NBA 5, but he has the weight and the technical ability to box out well and get rebounds I think he can play a 5 on the next level, if he wants to play a 5, it may take the NBA 3 years of college to see if he can make it as a Center.

Oh and for those of you who think it is too early to tell, remember these kids were going to the NBA 5-6 years ago straight from college, Blake could have gone straight to the NBA out of High School but would probably not have been a lottery player unless he proved himself in College.

If this was 2000, Gallon I don't think would go pro from High School, TMG definitely wouldn't, Blake could have. I think both of these guys are 3 year guys if they don't have problems with or hate working to get the grades in college.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Readyfor8 View Post
    remember just because Gallon hit a 3 in the McD's AA game doesn't mean he can consistently do it, Blake had a few 3's this year and a decent percentage but he isn't a 3 shooter.
    Again, not saying it's going to happen, and that, even it does, it would only be on occasion, not as a regular lineup.

That said, he'd hit plenty of 3s before last night. Dude can shoot. I'll be the first to admit he'd be pretty useless as a perimeter defender, especially if another team played 3 guards.

75% of the time he's on the floor, he'll be a 4. Most, IF NOT ALL, of the rest of the time, he'll play center.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by John Kochtoston View Post
    Again, not saying it's going to happen, and that, even it does, it would only be on occasion, not as a regular lineup.

That said, he'd hit plenty of 3s before last night. Dude can shoot. I'll be the first to admit he'd be pretty useless as a perimeter defender, especially if another team played 3 guards.

75% of the time he's on the floor, he'll be a 4. Most, IF NOT ALL, of the rest of the time, he'll play center.
    True and true, and just because you have a name derived from Fletch I give you a pass. However, once again remember shooting the 3 on a consistent basis is different from shooting the occasional 3 vs. people playing guard in College.

Although I would be interested in seeing a practical 5 playing defense against a 3 who can't drive in College, that dude would have to be intimidated.

vCash

You would think if he lost 20-30 more pounds, Gallon would have the footwork to play D on the perimeter.

Have I mentioned I'm in drunkytown?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

Gallon caught, turned and shot from 23' and drained that shot. If you watched him he wasn't throwing up some prayer. He took the shot like it was routine to him. He IS a shooter, size notwithstanding. As for matching up with players outside, he won't be asked to do it unless he is playing another 4-5 type player that plays away from the basket. I don't know that we are going to call on him to shoot many 3's but it is obvious he can.

I see him on the defensive end matching up with the opponents 4-5 player and will do what most post players do in current college offenses, set some picks up high for the guards. Difference is he might be less of a pick and roll guy and more of a guy who can pick and pop for an outside shot. He can do that while playing the 4-5 position.

Where Gallon's shooting skills should really serve him is on the foul line. He is an excellant FT shooter.
    "My landmass erupts with kittens."