Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU_Sooners75's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Lets do the math

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
    He didn't need one. Whether one agrees or disagrees with him, or whether he was accurate or not on his assessments, he spoke from his heart. They come in handy when you're trying to con people in to believing crap that you don't even believe yourself.

Good thing the people that actually know the subject of the economy and stuff agree with what he is attempting to do.

You can bag on the guy all you want....he inherited a mess unlike Bush did. Yet Bush did nothing to curb this economic issue even though he and his top advisors knew about it for a couple of years.

Deregulation is what led to this economic fall out. You can blame that on the right side of the aisle.

Quote Originally Posted by bornnbredou View Post

and before you tear into me remember, BOOMER SOONER!

Skip Bayless, is that you?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

the "downhome" style is one that is as old as political persuasion itself. it's one rhetorical trope or style among many. it's effective because it connotes "honesty", "straight talk", and enforces a suspicion of "fancy book learning".

it's a style that is particularly appropriate to democratic/republican forms of governance. however, that doesn't make it any less (or more) "artificial", "slick", or earnest than the current teleprompter "jokes".
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
    he spoke from his heart.
    Seriously, you did not just type that......

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU_Sooners75 View Post
    Good thing the people that actually know the subject of the economy and stuff agree with what he is attempting to do. Really? That's news to me.

You can bag on the guy all you want....he inherited a mess unlike Bush did. Really? I guess 9/11 was a walk in the park.

Yet Bush did nothing to curb this economic issue even though he and his top advisors knew about it for a couple of years. Really? I guess that pesky leftista congress didn't have anything to do with it.

Deregulation is what led to this economic fall out. You can blame that on the right side of the aisle. Really? I guess stupid people taking stupid loans for way more than they could afford had nothing to do with it.

What. Ever.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KC//CRIMSON View Post
    Seriously, you did not just type that......
    You saying he didn't? Just because he makes a Touretts inflicted retard sound like a Toastmaster's grand champion when he gave speeches doesn't mean he wasn't keepin' it real, yo. Like him or not, Bush gave a ****. This guy? The jury is still out.

Over a hundred thousand people have died because Bush lied (or if you insist, was blindly mistaken) about WMDs.

Yeah, he kept it real all right.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Deregulation is what led to this economic fall out. You can blame that on the right side of the aisle.
    Both sides of the aisle were pretty much equally complacent to keep the whole sham propped up. The whole ownership society mantra was heralded with equal vigor, so it deserves equal blame. Republicans are going to eat it because they make deregulation a platform, which doesn't absolve the Dems of anything.
    Boomer Sooner

vCash

It also takes a special kind of person to not think that a president does anything without going through PR consultants. If you believe that Bush speaks from the heart, you deserve his government.
    Boomer Sooner

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Good thing the people that actually know the subject of the economy and stuff agree with what he is attempting to do.

You can bag on the guy all you want....he inherited a mess unlike Bush did. Yet Bush did nothing to curb this economic issue even though he and his top advisors knew about it for a couple of years.

WOOOOOOW
    No matter what you do there will be critics

I'm not the type to forget about nights like this,
    where every single move that I make is documented and scored for style points.
    The once ambitious one now holds the smoking gun.

Administrator
    vCash

Over a hundred thousand people have died because Bush lied (or if you insist, was blindly mistaken) about WMDs.

Meh. Even your boy Clinton (and all the other lefties) believed it and voted to go over there. But hey, it's pretty easy to be an armchair QB after the fact. Makes you feel all warm, fuzzy, and clean huh?

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    Meh. Even your boy Clinton (and all the other lefties) believed it and voted to go over there. But hey, it's pretty easy to be an armchair QB after the fact. Makes you feel all warm, fuzzy, and clean huh?

Nah, I'm not one of those have to be right people, let alone feel all warm, fuzzy, and clean about something so terrible.

Administrator
    vCash

Nah, I'm not one of those have to be right people, let alone feel all warm, fuzzy, and clean about something so terrible.
    Me either. And my heart only weeps for the Americans, our allies, and the innocent Iraqis and Afghans who've died at the hands of terrorists. All the other hunnertK or so ****ing virgins in hell I couldn't give a **** about.

Sooner Benchwarmer theresonly1OU's Avatar
    vCash

And if anyone, anywhere had even come close to proving that lie, GWB would have had one of the shortest terms in office.

Thanks for the laugh though; I needed it.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats" - H.L. Mencken

Me either. And my heart only weeps for the Americans, our allies, and the innocent Iraqis and Afghans who've died at the hands of terrorists. All the other hunnertK or so ****ing virgins in hell I couldn't give a **** about.

Don't forget about the innocent Iraqis and Afghans who've died at the hands of Americans and it's allies too.......

Quote Originally Posted by theresonly1OU View Post
    And if anyone, anywhere had even come close to proving that lie, GWB would have had one of the shortest terms in office.

Thanks for the laugh though; I needed it.

Yeah, if only.....

If you need a good laugh, look in the mirror, clown.
    Last edited by KC//CRIMSON; 3/26/2009 at 05:28 PM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 NYC Poke's Avatar
    vCash

The deregulation vote was nearly unanimous, true enough. Perhaps it should have been reconsidered when it became apparent that companies were taking on too much systemic risk? I heard some calls for that (I remember reading an Op-Ed piece by Warren Buffett on this topic shortly after I moved to NYC in 2006), but I recall no serious efforts from either side. There's plenty of blame to go around.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Poke View Post
    The deregulation vote was nearly unanimous, true enough. Perhaps it should have been reconsidered when it became apparent that companies were taking on too much systemic risk? I heard some calls for that (I remember reading an Op-Ed piece by Warren Buffett on this topic shortly after I moved to NYC in 2006), but I recall no serious efforts from either side. There's plenty of blame to go around.
    Agreed. How about telling the birkenstock gang that. Besides, GWB is long gone.

And if the WOT is so unholy why hasn't the messiah brought everyone home?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 NYC Poke's Avatar
    vCash

Mmmmmm, patchouli.

vCash

What. Ever.
    because we all know bush inherited the 9/11 crisis and it didn't happen almost 2 years after he was in office.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Chuck Bao's Avatar
    vCash

The math is pretty easy.

The legacy left by the previous administration of eight years is that we are still fighting two foreign wars and our financial/economic system is on the verge of collapse despite throwing a couple trillion dollars of taxpayers money at the problem. That is money that we cannot afford to repay.

Is it not just a bit weird that the wars are being fought to protect American interests overseas, while American companies are busy selling out the American worker and awarding themselves huge bonuses for a job well done?

Why should terrorists even bother with us? We are already doing a pretty good job destroying our way of life.

No more Pax Americana. No more lone superpower.

Yeah, it's tough. It's tough for many Americans to deal with that concept. But, life is tough. Isn't that sort of what Republicans have been telling the disadvantaged for years - "so what if you have been dealt a bad hand, make the most of it".

Seriously, it is unbecoming to start whining about it now. We were already well down this road before the start of the Obama administration.
    Chuck's version of Christmas is the Anti-SicEm-
    SicEmBaylor