Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

OU-Meatchicken game on saturday

What time will it be played? I've looked around, and can't find the gametime.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Re: OU-Meatchicken game on saturday

Approx. 4:50.....30 minutes after the Memphis-Maryland game ends, which starts at 2:20.

Figure this as good a place to post this as any....

Feeling much better about our Sooners after last night. It isn't that they beat Morgan St., which they should have been able to do in their sleep, it's the WAY we played. I really liked some of the things Capel did. Interesting that Patillo and Leary both entered the game just three minutes in....and we immediately began pressing and trapping on defense. I think this was a nice change and also seemed to keep Taylor fresh--- Taylor wound up having one of the best games of his career, by the way.

Blake was ridiculous, as we figured he would be. But the thuggery thrown his way is just absurd. That was one of the most blatant cheap shots I've ever seen. One of these days Blake just might retaliate, and I don't think the results will be pretty.

Our defense last night was extremely good for the first time in weeks. Our guards kept their guards out of the paint and we closed out on the shooters-- it did help that Morgan St. couldn't throw it in the ocean, but either way, our defensive pressure was vastly improved.

Still some sloppiness on offense-- a few too many stupid turnovers for my taste and Crocker and AJ are still struggling with their shots---but at least they didn't keep jacking them up all night anyway.

By far the best news from this game was the return of Willie-- he was great. I really think we can go deep in this tourmanent even if Crocker and AJ stink, as long as Willie and Blake do their thing.

All in all, our intensity, focus, and energy was very good last night. We had them beat midway through the first half, and despite a few minor lapses, it was never a game after that. Villanova and Memphis had serious trouble dispatching their "scrub" foes, so I take nothing for granted.

And then, we got more good news (in my opinion) with Michigan beating Clemson. Michigan is a defense-oriented team that does not have great guard play-- but they WILL defend you. They are going to bust out the 1-3-1 zone on us, and you can bet they are going to sink in on Blake all night long. They will absolutely dare our guards to beat them from the outside. If our guards are hitting, we could win easily. If they aren't, it's going to be a dogfight.

Staying patient and beating the 1-3-1 is the key to the game for us. If it frustrates us a bit early, we can't let it affect our defense...if we have to play an ugly, low-scoring game, then so be it. Michigan will want to turn it into a brusing halfcourt game and they will want to limit the times Blake touches the ball-- they don't have big men that can play him straight-up, so they will throw that zone at him all night. Maybe our guards will make them pay? Lord knows, they are due.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

even though Beilien ran us out of the gym in the all-college, i like playing them more than Clemson.
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 IronHorseSooner's Avatar
    vCash

That WVU was much better than Michigan. When I'm bored, I would watch the Big 10 network on Sundays. Nobody in that conference scares me. Respect, yes- fear, NO! Michigan, for a 3-point team, isn't that great of a shooting team, it's just that they take a lot of them. They don't mind getting out-rebounded. For that reason, even Jim Jackson on the Big 10 Network last night gave them NO shot at winning this game.
    "Texas might have made some concessions and they might be in the same conference as Oklahoma, but they're not in the same league."

Rece Davis College Football Final 8 OCT 2011

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I think last night's game start... what, 15 minutes late? You can probably bank on our game starting after 5 p.m.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I would rather play Michigan then Clemson because we tend to struggle against the press and Clemson is a pretty good press team. I think the fact that we were able to rest our starters a little last night and they had a very physical game will make them more sluggish tomorrow and we'll be able to capitalize.
    Last edited by soonerfan28; 3/20/2009 at 12:01 PM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Hopefully we can get off to a little faster start than we did last night. Not everyone is gonna shoot as bad as Morgan St. did, and that worries me if we have to play catch up. We might start to force things and become even more turnover prone that we usually are.

With that said, pretty impressive game. I was never really worried about us losing or really having much of a fight on our hands. Hopefully we can get similar performances out of BG, TG, and WW in our games down the road. Any contributions from elsewhere at this point is just extra icing on the cake.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonervegas's Avatar
    vCash

I did like aj hitting that 21 footer late in the game. Sometimes a shot like that can get you back on track. We are going to need HIM specifically at some point. Maybe not this weekend, but soon....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Haha, a one star rating for a benign basketball thread.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JLEW1818's Avatar
    vCash

OU starts as 6.5 favorite

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    Haha, a one star rating for a benign basketball thread.
    No doubt one of the members of your fan club.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OULenexaman's Avatar
    Back in beautiful crime free Lenexa...far away from all the Obama loving losers
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUSKINS View Post
    Figure this as good a place to post this as any....

Feeling much better about our Sooners after last night. It isn't that they beat Morgan St., which they should have been able to do in their sleep, it's the WAY we played. I really liked some of the things Capel did. Interesting that Patillo and Leary both entered the game just three minutes in....and we immediately began pressing and trapping on defense. I think this was a nice change and also seemed to keep Taylor fresh--- Taylor wound up having one of the best games of his career, by the way.

Blake was ridiculous, as we figured he would be. But the thuggery thrown his way is just absurd. That was one of the most blatant cheap shots I've ever seen. One of these days Blake just might retaliate, and I don't think the results will be pretty.

Our defense last night was extremely good for the first time in weeks. Our guards kept their guards out of the paint and we closed out on the shooters-- it did help that Morgan St. couldn't throw it in the ocean, but either way, our defensive pressure was vastly improved.

Still some sloppiness on offense-- a few too many stupid turnovers for my taste and Crocker and AJ are still struggling with their shots---but at least they didn't keep jacking them up all night anyway.

By far the best news from this game was the return of Willie-- he was great. I really think we can go deep in this tourmanent even if Crocker and AJ stink, as long as Willie and Blake do their thing.

All in all, our intensity, focus, and energy was very good last night. We had them beat midway through the first half, and despite a few minor lapses, it was never a game after that. Villanova and Memphis had serious trouble dispatching their "scrub" foes, so I take nothing for granted.

And then, we got more good news (in my opinion) with Michigan beating Clemson. Michigan is a defense-oriented team that does not have great guard play-- but they WILL defend you. They are going to bust out the 1-3-1 zone on us, and you can bet they are going to sink in on Blake all night long. They will absolutely dare our guards to beat them from the outside. If our guards are hitting, we could win easily. If they aren't, it's going to be a dogfight.

Staying patient and beating the 1-3-1 is the key to the game for us. If it frustrates us a bit early, we can't let it affect our defense...if we have to play an ugly, low-scoring game, then so be it. Michigan will want to turn it into a brusing halfcourt game and they will want to limit the times Blake touches the ball-- they don't have big men that can play him straight-up, so they will throw that zone at him all night. Maybe our guards will make them pay? Lord knows, they are due.

Great post!!!! I agree....Wonder what JKM thinks...???

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

We will still have to play at least reasonably well to win but there is no doubt in my mind that Michigan is a more favorable match-up than was Clemson. Actually the Michigan game could help in that is we play well enough to beat them that we will see a zone defense, albeit a little different as a 1-3-1, but as a tune-up to certainly seeing a zone if we get Syracuse next.

Also Michigan ran out to a big lead on Clemson and then was just able to hang on. That win might have taken a little more out of their tank mentally. I feel pretty good about getting a W.
    "My landmass erupts with kittens."

vCash

Where can I watch this online if CBS insists on showing the tarheels here?

vCash

DO Y'ALL SMELL WHAT COACH CAPEL IS COOKIN'?

vCash

vCash

Dirty undercut on Griffin.

vCash

liking the three ball tonight
    Every day I beat my own personal record for number of days I've stayed alive!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 meoveryouxinfinity's Avatar
    vCash

nice shot AJ from downtown..
    Not my chair not my problem thats what i say