Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator
    vCash

Which #1 seed goes down first?

My pick is UConn.

I think they make it to the Sweet Sixteen (possibly squeaking out a second round win), and then they're done.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Which #1 seed goes down first?

I think it is very easy to pick UConn with the Dyson injury, but I'll say Louisville. They have been up and down this season and yes the ended the season on the right note, but they could go down. 30 point loss to Notre Dame on home court.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerAtKU's Avatar
    vCash

Louisville is the trendy pick to win it all, so I think they might let a lot of people down. North Carolina is probably the most consistent of the bunch, and Pitt doesn't have a lot of let-down. I pick UConn to crash out early, because Thabeet has a wide *** and doesn't move his feet on defense.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

In my bracket (which has quite flawed reasoning behind it, mind you), I have three No. 1's going down in the Elite Eight. The only No. 1 to survive to the Four is L'ville. OU, Duke, and Memphis beat the others.

but yes, my bracket is awful this year. I really need to stop playing favorites.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 IronHorseSooner's Avatar
    vCash

The one thing with UNC is that they play NO defense; whereas the three Big East teams DO play defense. OU, SU, and even Gonzaga play better defense than UNC. It's going to bite them against whichever one of those teams that they play.
    "Texas might have made some concessions and they might be in the same conference as Oklahoma, but they're not in the same league."

Rece Davis College Football Final 8 OCT 2011

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerJack's Avatar
    vCash

My picks this year are a complete suckfest. I totally forgot about NC and UConn having major guys out for the tourney.
    I gots ta get me a signature.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

I don't think Lawson is out for the whole tournament. Give him a week to rest against teams that shouldn't be able to beat UNC even without him and I think he'll be back for the Sweet 16.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I think Louisville goes down first. I think the Midwest region is the toughest region.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sooner View Post
    I don't think Lawson is out for the whole tournament. Give him a week to rest against teams that shouldn't be able to beat UNC even without him and I think he'll be back for the Sweet 16.
    the first week UNC (like Duke) is playing in Greensboro....if they can't get out of the first round there, Lawson or no, no excuses.
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout

vCash

Give him a week and UNC might be completely out and not have a Sweet 16

SoonerFans.com Elite Member AllAboutThe'O''s Avatar
    There she is, and I hope she's living where I is.
    vCash

I don't trust Pittsburgh; historically, they've been one of those schools that can't stand prosperity. I had them losing in the Elite 8 as well as UNC to you know who. But don't be shocked if UNC gets upended by LSU in the second round, especially if Lawson can't come back by then.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by King Crimson View Post
    the first week UNC (like Duke) is playing in Greensboro....if they can't get out of the first round there, Lawson or no, no excuses.
    If the rumors are right, he has a form of turf toe. If that's the case, he won't be 100% for the entire tournament. I think Williams will play him if he has no choice, but I doubt he'll get what he needs with him.

Administrator
    vCash

Just heard on CBS that Jim Calhoun was taken to the hospital and will not coach UCONN today. They just said he "wasn't feeling well". Could be trouble for the Huskies. Although, I don't think they'll lose, it may be closer than the spread.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 LiveLaughLove's Avatar
    vCash

since Calhoun is out, might be UConn.

Since I have them winning it all, Im going to say Pitt is the first to bow out.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Give him a week and UNC might be completely out and not have a Sweet 16
    I don't know that I could have made that any clearer.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

vCash

I don't know that I could have made that any clearer.
    I don't think UNC will go out that early, but then again, I thought Memphis would be in the championship game against OU and here they are, stinking it up against some 15-seed that I don't even know the name to

Gah, there goes the bracket and the tourney barely started

That being said, it is quite possible that UNC will have a Memphis-like showing in the first few rounds, and when star studly star returns to the lineup they may be out.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Yes, it is within the bounds of reason that UNC might lose one of their first two games. However, it is extremely likely that they will be able to survive the first weekend without Lawson. My point was that they should be OK, since they should win those first two games and then have a rested Lawson back for the more challenging second and third weekend games. In other words, not having him for the first weekend only shouldn't damage their hopes of winning the whole tourney.

Now if Lawson is not at 100% in weekends two and three, that does damage their chances.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 LiveLaughLove's Avatar
    vCash

Remember UNC is playing almost a home game (as they or Duke seem to get every year in the tourney. I think they win their first two easily.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerJack's Avatar
    vCash

But let's talk about how funny it would be to have another tearful Roy Williams apologizing to the fans, parents, tv viewers, and dadgum t-shirt vendors for not havin' enough "want-to."
    I gots ta get me a signature.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I'm going to say Pitt.

Just because.
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here