Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member OUHOMER's Avatar
    vCash
    Posse Member hoping for middle manager, Yep , I dont know ****

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by C&CDean
    I'm a tolerant mother****er.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member fadada1's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Back door gun control

this thread title is (thankfully) somewhat misleading.
    I don’t know if the block on that last one was due to low trajectory or if the guys up front didn’t hold their ground well enough. I’m not convinced it matters. We have every reason to believe the ball could have gone through the uprights and the refs would have signaled first down Oregon. - D.E.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jerk's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by fadada1 View Post
    this thread title is (thankfully) somewhat misleading.
    No it's not. Without ammo, guns are nothing but expensive clubs.

Thankfully, the two democrat Senators from Montana who ran as pro-gun candidates asked DoD to change their mind on this.

They did, and the rule was reversed.

Thread here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=844248

Dear MSSA Friends,

I just received a phone call from the office of U.S. Senator Tester of Montana to inform me that at 5:15 (EST) today a letter cosigned by Senator Tester (D-MT) and Senator Baucus (D-MT) was faxed to the Department of Defense asking DoD to reverse its new policy requiring destruction of fired military cartridge brass. At 5:30, I am told, Tester's office received a fax back from DoD saying that the brass destruction policy IS reversed.

Others report to me that they are already seeing evidence of this on the Websites of entities that liquidate surplus DoD commodities.

Our thanks go out to Senator Tester and Senator Baucus, and their staff, for getting on this problem promptly and making the reversal happen

Staff for Tester and Baucus promise they will get me the documentation for this reversal tomorrow morning. I'll forward that when I get it.

Best wishes,

Gary Marbut, president
    Montana Shooting Sports Association
    http://www.mtssa.org
    author, Gun Laws of Montana
    http://www.mtpublish.com
    It's great brass if you can find it brand new, but when it's from the military, you never know which ones were ran through an M249 SAW, which has generous head space and stretches the sh^t out it. But as hard as components are to find...I'll take what I can get.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Fred Bastiat

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 47straight's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jerk View Post
    I think he meant it was misleading in that it sounded NSFW.

(put on your beavis and butthead thinking cap)
    “Some people who attend the University of Oklahoma seem to represent different values than some people who attend the University of Texas.” -- Mr. J. Mcfarland

"[Christian Scott]'s off the team the day of the incident and I guarantee you he won't be back." -- Typical Dallas horn fan

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jerk View Post
    No, it is a misleading title. In this case, the government was just going to stop providing ammo suppliers with a cheap source of materiel.

I agree with the ammo manufacturer that it's bad policy due to the fact that it would waste taxpayer money, but gun control it is not.

It IS gun control because that rule would result in higher ammo prices. Making ammo less accessible is one of the goals of the gun-control advocates.

vCash

Damn, so I didn't have to panic and buy another 300 rounds of ammo today?
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

I got some bad personal defense stuff:

9mm -- Hornady Critical Defense 115 gr. FTX bullet

40 S&W -- Winchester 165 gr. Bonded Personal Protection

The 9mm Hornady round is specially designed for concealed carry use. Best I can tell it's only available in 38 spcl, .380, and 9mm right now.

The Winchester round has been chosen by the FBI as their primary service round.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

I've got some 9mm 124 gr. +P Gold Dots that seem to be generally regarded as one of the best personal defense rounds. I can't really verify since I haven't had to do any killin' yet.

Too bad you can only find the good stuff online, and very occasionally at that. It wouldn't shock me if they tried to do away with the online ammo buying altogether. It does seem a little strange that I came home today and there was a box of 200 rounds of ammo on my front porch. Not complaining, I think it's awesome.

vCash

I bought mine at Academy today.

The Gold Dots (from all I've read) are good stuff.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

If one was to go to Bass Pro, Sportsman's Warehouse, or nearly any Walmart around here, the only thing you would find on the pistol ammo shelves is dust. Sometimes you can find a couple boxes of FMJ, but I haven't seen a personal defense round in 9mm, 40, or 45 in a store here in months.

vCash

This is kind of interesting regarding 9mm self defense rounds:

http://frag.110mb.com/

Shut it, Homey.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    If one was to go to Bass Pro, Sportsman's Warehouse, or nearly any Walmart around here, the only thing you would find on the pistol ammo shelves is dust. Sometimes you can find a couple boxes of FMJ, but I haven't seen a personal defense round in 9mm, 40, or 45 in a store here in months.
    I went to Academy and looked and to Gander Mountain as well (Sherman Texas). The pickings are indeed slim, but there was some personal defense stuff.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BAfan View Post
    It IS gun control because that rule would result in higher ammo prices. Making ammo less accessible is one of the goals of the gun-control advocates.
    Garbage.

The government has all kinds of surplus, from ammunition, to computers, to vehicles. If they suddenly stop dumping computers and vehicles onto the used market, are you going to whine about them trying to restrict your access to those too?

Of course not. It's just that in this case, the government is subsidizing your access to something you want (cheap ammo).

Like I said, bad resource management policy, but gun control it ain't.

vCash

It is gun control. Making ammo more difficult to get or more expensive to get is in fact de facto gun control. Hell you're a lib, all you know about guns or the bullets they shoot is that they are icky.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

The absence of a subsidy is not the presence of a restriction. Sorry.

vCash

Being cluless about a subject but opining on it anyway should be more what you're sorry about.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    Being cluless about a subject but opining on it anyway should be more what you're sorry about.
    Government has surplus goods. Government formerly sold surplus goods to the market whole. Government decides to shred them going forward.

The same thing could happen with surplus Lincoln Town Cars. If the government suddenly decides to surplus Lincoln Town Cars as scrap metal only, is that Lincoln Town Car control?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member fadada1's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 47straight View Post
    I think he meant it was misleading in that it sounded NSFW.

(put on your beavis and butthead thinking cap)
    a long overdue thank you.
    I don’t know if the block on that last one was due to low trajectory or if the guys up front didn’t hold their ground well enough. I’m not convinced it matters. We have every reason to believe the ball could have gone through the uprights and the refs would have signaled first down Oregon. - D.E.

vCash

....and why now did the govt decide to stop funneling used brass back to civilian ammo makers? It couldn't be because the potus and his attorney general have a hard-on for guns & bullets.

I don't care what the technical definition of gun control is, a little common sense is sometimes better than playing semantics with your dictionary.

edit...Thanks to the senators who wisely shot down Barry and Eric's attempt at back door gun control.

Olevet Posse Pistolero