Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    You can stand on it SeattleOUstudent's Avatar
    vCash

It sickens me, but Ill take the 2 seed.

Gah, I almost feel like our team is gassed. We will probably get a 2 seed, but hopefully we get a good draw on a bracket. March madness, indeed.

vCash

Re: It sickens me, but Ill take the 2 seed.

The way we've flopped down the stretch, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3 next to us on Sunday.

You can stand on it SeattleOUstudent's Avatar
    vCash

I just want to see us look crisp. We looked so freaking sloppy with all the turnovers. At the very least, I would love to see us convert free throws.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

^^ Exactly. What 2 seed?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

I was thinking that too, but I had a hard time finding the 8th team.

UNC
    DUKE
    UCONN
    PITT
    LOUISVILLE
    MICH ST
    MEMPHIS
    ????

It's gonna be close. 3 seed and shipped to BFE might be what this team needs.
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

vCash

The way we're playing, it's what this team deserves.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

Mostly it just sickens me right now...

I think bri is right. I think we "probably" get a 2 seed but I wouldn't be totally shocked if we got a 3. UNC, Pitt, UConn, Lou, Memp, Mich St will all be ahead of us. Duke & Nova both have a chance to be the other #2 seeds.

Although it is a rival that we had beat twice this year we basically just lost to probably a 6-7 seed on a neutral floor when they had just played 24 hours ago. I find that troubling.
    "My landmass erupts with kittens."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SOONER STEAKER's Avatar
    vCash

I know it sucks losing to OSU and not getting a #1 seed, but, our legs will be fresh for the NCAA's and the team will be well rested rested for a run at the National Championship.

This lose can be a blessing for our team. We can regroup, and be ready to kick some butt!!!!!!
    Here I sit just a flexin, giving birth to another UT grad.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Pricetag's Avatar
    vCash

If we were going to recover, we'd have done it by now. The only reason we beat OSU last week was because it was in Norman. We're a three seed, and we don't make it out of the first weekend. All it takes is a team that wants it more to beat us, and it seems like everyone wants it more right now. Terribly disappointing.
    La ola es mía.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Pricetag View Post
    If we were going to recover, we'd have done it by now. The only reason we beat OSU last week was because it was in Norman. We're a three seed, and we don't make it out of the first weekend. All it takes is a team that wants it more to beat us, and it seems like everyone wants it more right now. Terribly disappointing.
    I do think we should have looked much more rested than OSU. In fact we had them gassed in the first half and in foul trouble. We just didn't take advantage of it.

I'm not ready to say we are definitely a 3 seed and that we won't win 2 games but there is no doubt that right now we look nothing like a Final 4 team right now. We need to turn things around. Maybe playing out of conference will do that.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by colleyvillesooner View Post
    I was thinking that too, but I had a hard time finding the 8th team.

UNC
    DUKE
    UCONN
    PITT
    LOUISVILLE
    MICH ST
    MEMPHIS
    ????

It's gonna be close. 3 seed and shipped to BFE might be what this team needs.
    Duke ain't that good and Pitt just lost to a team that might be as good as OSU is by 14.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I only think it's disappointing becaus of all the hype this team has gotten. They really didn't beat very many good teams all year, struggled a lot against some bad teams. Its not their fault, they are only as good as they are. But I just think people - especially media - overhyped them all year. Blake is a Stud, and Willie is at times, but other than that, it's not all that great or consistent, so they are what they are, it just so happened we have been playing some better teams lately and when we lose, people don't think it should happen. I don't know, just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by tommieharris91 View Post
    Duke ain't that good and Pitt just lost to a team that might be as good as OSU is by 14.
    Pitt would mop the floor with this team.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jdsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Hey, tournament time is crazy. Pitt lost, KU lost. We played well enough to win the game. We were at a disadvantage since they played last night and had nothing to lose. I take a one point win and that is what we should have received.

Where was the foul on Griffin?
    Can any of you tell me that Griffin was not fouled on that last play?

If they beat us straight up, okay. I hate to lose when it is taken from you by totally incompetent fools wearing striped shirts.

Two or three don't mean @#*! to me. Pokes needed it more and it's a wake up call. OU needs to play some #@%$ing defense. Not to mention, can we kick it to the post and back out and make the defense move? It's clear as day the guards are the key to a run and I know this team is capable of a run. Just make space by moving the ball you dipchits. Work on the defensive end, NOT REACH IN THE PAINT, get to WORK! You can rebound with anyone in the country but you don't WORK ON DEFENSE by reaching! EVERYONE from top to bottom. Sloppy, but capable come's to mind.

BOOMER!

Fresh for a run....

SOONER!

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

It's after a loss and we're all upset (excpet Steaker), but I just hope that the team gets as upset as we all feel right now. I know that some players just aren't as emotional as others, but WAY too often this year I've seen lolly-gagging and playing like they either don't care or just expect to win without putting forth maximum effort for the full 40 (and, of course, enough times they HAVE won those games). I'm hoping that this sticks in their collective craw and they come out ready to GO from the start all the way, whatever their seed. And I think it *could* happen -- didn't Syracuse lose in the 1st round of their conference tournament when they won? But I agree that lately they really haven't looked good even a little bit.

No way Blake was fouled though, sorry.

Other side note -- at the end of BOTH halves we had the *opportunity* to take the last shot and ended up giving them 10 seconds and it burnt us BOTH times. How does that happen?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tommieharris91 View Post
    Both may very well flop early in the NCAA tourney but Pitt is far more deserrving of of #1 seed or at least the top #2 seed than we are at this point.

We should have won tonight going away in the last 6-8 minutes.

My guess at this point is that we get the last #2 seed.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Hard Corn Frog View Post
    Both may very well flop early in the NCAA tourney but Pitt is far more deserrving of of #1 seed or at least the top #2 seed than we are at this point.

We should have won tonight going away in the last 6-8 minutes.

My guess at this point is that we get the last #2 seed.
    That was my point. Pitt losing might drop them from a 1 to a 2. That doesn't affect us getting a 2 or a 3.
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Pricetag's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LRoss View Post
    Other side note -- at the end of BOTH halves we had the *opportunity* to take the last shot and ended up giving them 10 seconds and it burnt us BOTH times. How does that happen?
    To be fair, though, if we run it down to the last second and miss, we're on here complaining about why didn't we leave ourselves a few seconds to have a chance at a rebound?

How interesting would it have been had Crocker converted that put back there at the end? I wonder how the officials would have decided it.
    La ola es mía.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jdsooner View Post
    We were at a disadvantage since they played last night
    Whaa?

Man, I wish my insurance covered crazy pills.