(written by a conservative Republican)

i'm sure he'll be labelled a RINO in under 3 posts

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Why Rush is Wrong

SoonerFans.com Elite Member XingTheRubicon's Avatar
    vCash

Only a liberal can write an "I told you so" article while his party is bankrupting the world.

....and now please direct your attention to the field and J. Clayton Feaver will lead us in a moment of prayer...

"......please protect these young men from injury and for one and all to exhibit good sportsmanship.....IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY AMEN

-J Clayton Feaver

Enjoy

vCash

which liberal is that?

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

The Republican Party right now is in desperate need of leadership. Rush is kind of the only one left standing after the past few atrocious years, so naturally everyone is calling him out as the Republican Party's new leader... in fun ways.

I don't think a radio talk show host should be considered the leader of a political party. I would prefer that they rally around someone who does more than talk. I know talk leads to action in many cases, but I'd rather the leader of the Republican Party be the one that takes action, rather talk about taking action.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    The Republican Party right now is in desperate need of leadership. Rush is kind of the only one left standing after the past few atrocious years, so naturally everyone is calling him out as the Republican Party's new leader... in fun ways.

I don't think a radio talk show host should be considered the leader of a political party. I would prefer that they rally around someone who does more than talk. I know talk leads to action in many cases, but I'd rather the leader of the Republican Party be the one that takes action, rather talk about taking action.
    Not many can withstand the spears and arrows, so they don't come forward.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

I feel like there are some people who will emerge in the next few years (I don't see anyone coming forward with any staying power right now) as serious leaders of the party. Jindal and Palin are not going to be significant players in this party. My early prediction for the 2012 R Presidential candidates are: Gingrich, Pawlenty, Crist, Sanford and Rick Perry.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

The 4th page of that article needs to be read by every conservative out there. The Republicans lost because they were unwilling to accept that the world has changed, and fresh ideas and faces are what is now needed. Reactionary "THIS WILL FAIL!!!1!!" messages push people away from the GOP.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
    I feel like there are some people who will emerge in the next few years (I don't see anyone coming forward with any staying power right now) as serious leaders of the party. Jindal and Palin are not going to be significant players in this party. My early prediction for the 2012 R Presidential candidates are: Gingrich, Pawlenty, Crist, Sanford and Rick Perry.
    Romney will be back. They didn't totally ruin him yet, and he's somebody the conservatives will back, better than any you mentioned, IMO.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

i'd like to hear more from Ron Paul

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    Romney will be back. They didn't totally ruin him yet, and he's somebody the conservatives will back, better than any you mentioned, IMO.
    I think he's a strong candidate, wonder if the religious right would nominate a mormon. I still don't think so.

vCash

I think he's a strong candidate, wonder if the religious right would nominate a mormon. I still don't think so.
    The MSM did their job, and made a big issue of it. I think he will get through that, this time around. A very sharp guy, IMO.

vCash

The MSM did their job, and made a big issue of it. I think he will get through that, this time around. A very sharp guy, IMO.
    I don't disagree that he's a sharp fella. I do disagree that it's somehow the media's fault the guy belongs to the mormon church.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

I don't think you can plausibly blame "Romney as Mormon" as an exclusively media issue (again, the MSM all-purpose scapegoat)....when, historically, exactly one POTUS hasn't been Protestant. There are clearly other factors at play in the last 230 years than the left-cabal of the MSM "elites" gunning down Mitt Romney....at least one of those is/has been the Evangelical Right.
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    i'd like to hear more from Ron Paul
    me too. i like some of his ideas, but they are too radical for most,
    especially his ideas about downsizing the government. he would
    certainly bring about "change," if he got the chance.
    Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl
    is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    Einstein.

vCash

I don't disagree that he's a sharp fella. I do disagree that it's somehow the media's fault the guy belongs to the mormon church.
    tag, you're it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Pricetag's Avatar
    vCash

tag, you're it.
    Are you a non-Mormon Christian? Do you accept it as "real" Christianity? I'm not an expert, but it seems like it would be a real issue for any non-Mormon Christian. I don't see how it could possibly be blamed on the media.
    La ola es mía.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Pricetag View Post
    Are you a non-Mormon Christian? Do you accept it as "real" Christianity? I'm not an expert, but it seems like it would be a real issue for any non-Mormon Christian. I don't see how it could possibly be blamed on the media.
    Whuut? I didn't see Johnny tag you. sleight of hand, I guess.

vCash

tag, you're it.
    Whuut? I didn't see Johnny tag you. sleight of hand, I guess.
    Ignorant sh*t like this is why I just neg you and save time by not trying to argue. People are trying to have a quasi-legitimate discussion, and you're turning it in to recess because years of talk radio have reduced your brain to mush.
    "If you don't become an actor you'll never be a factor" - Lupe Fiasco

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bri View Post
    Ignorant sh*t like this is why I just neg you and save time by not trying to argue. People are trying to have a quasi-legitimate discussion, and you're turning it in to recess because years of talk radio have reduced your brain to mush.
    No bri, it's because this is exactly the argument the left and their MSM used to foment the Christians in '08, leaving out the part that Romney is much closer to their philosophy of limited govt and free markets than anyone in the democrat party. It's just a tired old rant that the MSM will try again in '12. Will it work again? It might, but I'm guessing no.
    Last edited by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!; 3/9/2009 at 11:40 PM.