SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

I predict the Thunder make the playoffs in 09-10...

....should be easy...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Re: I predict the Thunder make the playoffs in 09-10...

I predict fail.

vCash

eh I think it will be like the hornets were in there second year here, right on the cusp but dont make it
    He's coming for you

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

i'm the biggest sunshine pumper in the world when it comes to the thunder, but no way. the west is wayyy too good. we would likely need a winning record, which i just don't think is possible this early. i thought we would win around 30 games this year, i'm going to make that my prediction for next year.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by starclassic tama View Post
    i'm the biggest sunshine pumper in the world when it comes to the thunder, but no way. the west is wayyy too good. we would likely need a winning record, which i just don't think is possible this early. i thought we would win around 30 games this year, i'm going to make that my prediction for next year.
    I think it's more reasonable to believe the Thunder will make the playoffs next year than to believe they would have won 30 games this year. They have the best streak of the year going right now without the two best players. If we could add a Griffin to the mix we could be pretty dangerous next year.
    "I thought we were going to win," Mack Brown said. "That shows you how crazy this game is, or how clueless I am as a coach."

vCash

Honest question: Has Presti gone on record yet saying that he'd take Blake if the Thunder had the first pick? Because I don't remember seeing the article if he did.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mixer! View Post
    Honest question: Has Presti gone on record yet saying that he'd take Blake if the Thunder had the first pick? Because I don't remember seeing the article if he did.
    No he has not. I believe he would take him at #1 or #2 if he drops to it (doubt that will happen). The real question is what would he do to trade up to #1 to get him, assuming we get a lower pick. It all depends on what that team would take because I don't know if we have enough to trade up without getting rid of say a Jeff Green and I don't think I want that to happen nor would it, IMO.
    "I thought we were going to win," Mack Brown said. "That shows you how crazy this game is, or how clueless I am as a coach."

vCash

Maybe we can petition to move the Thunder to the Eastern Conference, they outta be a lock to make the playoffs over there.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Blake Griffin coming our way baby! With him, we should be able to make the playoffs.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonervegas's Avatar
    vCash

The 8th seed is going to finish with 48 or 49 wins this year. It will be really hard to hit that number next year....even if you subtract 4 or 5 wins for teams like Dallas getting worse. I can see us doing something along the lines of:

Home: 25-16
    Away: 12-29

That still only gets us to 37-45 for the year....which I will gladly take, but 10-11 season seems more likely for the playoffs.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

Let's see who they draft and pick-up in free agency before we make the final analysis...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Maybe they could sign LBJ.

vCash

The thunder have 3 1st round picks in this years draft if they don't get the #1 and say they have #2 I think they could trade their #2 pick and 1 or 2 of their other first round picks to get the #1 pick. I think the thunder have a real shot at making the playoffs next season with all that young talent getting this year under their belt and if you look at their games they have a lot of 1 or 2 point losses...1 mistake or 1 stop away from victory. A lot of playing in the nba is learning to win close games every night and for young players sometimes it takes a little bit to get that winning consistency.

Sooner Benchwarmer theresonly1OU's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    Maybe we can petition to move the Thunder to the Eastern Conference, they outta be a lock to make the playoffs over there.

this
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats" - H.L. Mencken