Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Limbaugh invites Obama to show for debate

Rush to pay ALL costs for bringing Obama to show, even buying the Wagyu Kobe beef the president is so fond of. Rush will fly Obama in his own jet, etc etc. If Obama can't/won't come, Rush will debate Obama's chosen flunky, such as Biden, Emanuel, Carville, whomever. haha. This will be fun to follow.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Limbaugh invites Obama to show for debate

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    Wagyu Kobe beef
    Wagyu is a breed of cattle, Kobe is a region in Japan. The Whitehouse serves local and sustainable food at the request of Michelle Obama, so it would have been American Wagyu beef. The Kobe method for producing beef is stringent, so you will find "Kobe-style" American Wagyu on the menu, but it's quite unlikely you will find an actual piece of Kobe beef in an American kitchen.
    Boomer Sooner

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerscuba View Post
    Wagyu is a breed of cattle, Kobe is a region in Japan. The Whitehouse serves local and sustainable food at the request of Michelle Obama, so it would have been American Wagyu beef. The Kobe method for producing beef is stringent, so you will find "Kobe-style" American Wagyu on the menu, but it's quite unlikely you will find an actual piece of Kobe beef in an American kitchen.
    Brilliant. That's what you got, huh?...OK OK, thanks for the clarification of the culinary details.
    Last edited by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!; 3/4/2009 at 01:05 PM.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Either I heard wrong, or Rush has changed the terms. Now, he only wants to debate Obama-no flunkees.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUMallen's Avatar
    vCash

Olevet Posse Bail Bondsman

"I searched through rebellion, drugs, diets, mysticism, religions, intellectualism and much more, only to begin to find that truth is basically simple - and feels good, clean and right"
    - Chick Corea

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 1890MilesToNorman's Avatar
    vCash

Either I heard wrong, or Rush has changed the terms. Now, he only wants to debate Obama-no flunkees.
    This will never happen, Obama has nothing to gain from this type of debate. The president would never be allowed to fly on Rush' plane either, it just don't happen that way.

I would love to see it happen but it ain't gonna! just sayin.
    God, how I hate the 21st century.

OleVet Posse - dung slinger
    Free Booze and Spam . What else could a Man want?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 1890MilesToNorman View Post
    This will never happen, Obama has nothing to gain from this type of debate. The president would never be allowed to fly on Rush' plane either, it just don't happen that way.

I would love to see it happen but it ain't gonna! just sayin.
    I would guess we all know it's not going to happen, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Pricetag's Avatar
    vCash

President Obama doing something like this makes about as much sense as Donald Trump engaging Rosie O'Donnell in their silly little feud a couple of years back.
    La ola es mía.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Pricetag View Post
    President Obama doing something like this makes about as much sense as Donald Trump engaging Rosie O'Donnell in their silly little feud a couple of years back.
    yep, with Obama as Rosie

vCash

"Too many whites are getting away with drug use...Too many whites are getting away with drug sales...The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them, and send them up the river, too." --in 1995

"I am addicted to prescription pain medication." --in 2003

"Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."

"The only way to reduce the number of nuclear weapons is to use them."

Rush Limbaugh = Propagandist extraordinaire
    What's so hard about calling plays, I do it all the time on the PS2

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OhU1's Avatar
    vCash

Rush knows the debate won't happen so it's a good stunt. Rush doesn't debate anyway he holds forth with opinions (and is quite entertaining IMO). If a debate actually took place I don't think Rush would do very well. Rush isn't used to a 2 way dialog where he isn't controlling the mike. Obama on the other hand is used to talking out of both sides of his mouth like any good politician.
    "Democracy without respect for individual rights sucks. It's just ganging up against the weird kid, and I'm always the weird kid.."
    Penn Jillette

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

it'll turn out like Operation Chaos.....nothing really happens and Rush talks about it for 2 months. The more important thing is it's Rush's way to give the populist wing of the GOP some pull with all the "East Coast Financial Elites" or "Yankee Bankers" who actually do run the party (but are concerned by their ability to maintain stewardship after the last 8 years and the current "rancor" among the rank and file voter west of the Appalachians)....by staging the non-event (the challenge) he seems like the only cat with the man-stones to stand up to Obama and defend the sacred principles of "the true conservatism".
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OhU1 View Post
    Rush knows the debate won't happen so it's a good stunt. Rush doesn't debate anyway he holds forth with opinions (and is quite entertaining IMO). If a debate actually took place I don't think Rush would do very well. Rush isn't used to a 2 way dialog where he isn't controlling the mike. Obama on the other hand is used to talking out of both sides of his mouth like any good politician.
    Ted Koppel had Rush on with Carville on Nightline, and Rush cleaned Carville's clock. Rush has invited any number of key democrats onto his show. None will come on. If you actually listened to his show you would know that, of course.

vCash

What's so hard about calling plays, I do it all the time on the PS2

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Actual in a lot of really fine dining restaurants they will have it flown in; however, it is usually upwards of $100 per ounce.

PS i think you missed the point a bit....
    No matter what you do there will be critics

I'm not the type to forget about nights like this,
    where every single move that I make is documented and scored for style points.
    The once ambitious one now holds the smoking gun.

This is just plain ****ing stupid. Limbaugh is an ENTERTAINER. Would you have thought it reasonable for GW to accept a debate with Janeane Garofalo?

You are being a complete dip**** by acting like this is even considerable. You're talking about the POTUS taking on a windbag from the ****ing radio. Get real.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Rush, as I thought he might, is going to take whatever momentum he had from his CPAC speech and **** it all away. If he wanted to be seen as more than a right wing windbag he's doing it wrong.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OhU1's Avatar
    vCash

Ted Koppel had Rush on with Carville on Nightline, and Rush cleaned Carville's clock. Rush has invited any number of key democrats onto his show. None will come on. If you actually listened to his show you would know that, of course.
    If you say he did well on Koppel I can't disagree as I didn't see the show. However, with all due respect I would have to question the objectivity of the opinion of a poster with the name "Rush Limbaugh" in his name as to how Rush actually did.

I enjoy listening to Rush and watching O'Rilley when I get the chance but neither has particularly impressed me with their debating skills when the other side gets a fair chance to speak. Both are very good entertainers and help get another perspective out there.
    "Democracy without respect for individual rights sucks. It's just ganging up against the weird kid, and I'm always the weird kid.."
    Penn Jillette

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 TMcGee86's Avatar
    vCash

Operation "Rushbo"

I think they are actually making a big mistake. Rush was unpopular of late because the donks never liked him, and a lot of the pubs thought he was too soft on W. That isn't the case with Obama in office.

If they think giving Rush power is going to be a good thing, they have obviously forgot how popular he was with a dem in office.

vCash

I had read that earlier TM. just didnt want to go dig it up
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !