Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jerk's Avatar
    vCash

Sucker's rally in the stock market tomorrow

Be there!

It's going up up up!

edit - oh wait, nevermind, I think tomorrow is when GM and Chrysler announcer their earnings.

Bloodbath.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Fred Bastiat

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Sucker's rally in the stock market tomorrow

We know, we know, the world is gonna end. Oh noes. Whoa is us.

vCash

btw - do you guys have any good home gardening tips?
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Fred Bastiat

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
    We know, we know, the world is gonna end. Oh noes. Whoa is us.

How's that 401k been doing, Johnny?
    - Fred Bastiat

vCash

http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jerk View Post
    How's that 401k been doing, Johnny?
    I actually finally opened my statement the other day.

Off 33%

But since I'm only 33, I imagine it'll see plenty more highs and plenty more lows over the next few decades, so I'll just relax, keep going to work, keep hanging out with my kids and keep drinking good beers. Tonight it's, Ten Commandments by Lost Abbey.

vCash

I actually finally opened my statement the other day.

Off 33%

But since I'm only 33, I imagine it'll see plenty more highs and plenty more lows over the next few decades, so I'll just relax, keep going to work, keep hanging out with my kids and keep drinking good beers. Tonight it's, Ten Commandments by Lost Abbey.

Well then, it's a good thing you'll retire long after Obama has left office. You might have a shot.

Have you thanked your kid yet for paying for our stimulus?
    - Fred Bastiat

vCash

I can just thank him for not ****ting in the tub during his bath tonight.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Well then, it's a good thing you'll retire long after Obama has left office. You might have a shot.

You know they've been talking about our kids paying for our excesses for like 20 years (if not a lot longer).

I think we may wake up and find out we ARE the kids who are going to pay...

vCash

I can just thank him for not ****ting in the tub during his bath tonight.
    Speakin of Kids , when we gonna see a new Pic ???????
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Speakin of Kids , when we gonna see a new Pic ???????

This is a month or so old, but you get the idea:

vCash

This is a month or so old, but you get the idea:

Cute Kid

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Looks like your initial call was right. Good jorb.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sooner View Post
    Looks like your initial call was right. Good jorb.
    Yeah I should have left it alone.

But it was a guess on my part, anyway.
    - Fred Bastiat

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Heh.

I think we're probably going to see a steady decline punctuated by minor rallies for a few months.

Expect financials to take another hit when 1q earnings are announced. I explained a change in accounting rules the FDIC mandated that's sucking up a bunch of earnings. Expect things to look rosier in 2q as reserves are stabilized for the new accounting rules and banks work some "impaired" loans off their books. We may be looking at significant windfalls in 4q.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OUHOMER's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sooner View Post
    Heh.

I think we're probably going to see a steady decline punctuated by minor rallies for a few months.

Expect financials to take another hit when 1q earnings are announced. I explained a change in accounting rules the FDIC mandated that's sucking up a bunch of earnings. Expect things to look rosier in 2q as reserves are stabilized for the new accounting rules and banks work some "impaired" loans off their books. We may be looking at significant windfalls in 4q.
    I hope your right, I have taken such a hit in my 401k, i am going to the very aggressive side. I think soon it can only go up
    Posse Member hoping for middle manager, Yep , I dont know ****

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by C&CDean
    I'm a tolerant mother****er.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

I think anyone who buys WFC is likely to be sitting pretty once this all shakes out. I haven't looked at their10-k filing, but I'm willing to bet that the biggest hit they took was reserving for bad debt.
    Last edited by Frozen Sooner; 3/4/2009 at 08:05 PM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Chuck Bao's Avatar
    vCash

I am pretty much amazed that China's still strong economic growth is mentioned as a factor on Wall Street. They are having their national party conference and their idea of public perception is pretty important to them now. Count on some doubters later. I can't figure out how they can turn on and turn off the spigot for global trade so easily. I can't figure out if there is a new and important risk factor for new foreign investment in China. I can't figure out what they are importing from the rest of the world besides raw materials and commodities. I can't figure out how their strong economy would boost the rest of Asia or the rest of the world.

Regarding US financial institutions, Froze, I ain't so sure it is useful talking about 4Q09 when some of the banks may have been already nationalized. But, it would be good news for taxpayers.
    Chuck's version of Christmas is the Anti-SicEm-
    SicEmBaylor

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Chuck Bao's Avatar
    vCash

Yeah, I would still steer clear of investing in financial institutions. I could be wrong. Time will tell.

I could be like that dude who predicted really terrible doom and gloom stuff. His conclusion was that Americans should only spend money on bare essentials and pay off debt. The funny thing is that if everyone followed his advice, then we would really be in a terrible doom and gloom situation.
    Chuck's version of Christmas is the Anti-SicEm-
    SicEmBaylor

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

I will be greatly surprised if banks are nationalized in a way similar to previous nationalizations. We may see conservatorships, but true ownership of banks by the federal government...hmmm. The FDIC is really really good at finding market-based solutions.

Just looked up WFC's 10-k and they don't include their financials on edgar. Chuck, any way you can take a peek real quick and tell me what their Net Income was vs. their reserve for bad debt or impaired loans?