Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

ESPN says Griffin is too soft.

I was just watching ESPN's First Take and they had the gall to say that Griffin is too soft for not responding when he has taken cheap shots in games this season. It makes me sick to think that we are telling these college players that you have to hit back instead of sitting back and proving it with your game. Am I wrong on thinking that we don't need a fist fight to prove how hard you are?

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: ESPN says Griffin is too soft.

And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is why we will all be cozying up to CBS during the great month of March as opposed the alleged worldwide leader in sports, who can't even televise ONE lousy tournament game despite all of their alleged awesomeness.

C-B-S! C-B-S!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

As a Dallas Mavericks' fan, I hear that label thrown out all the time to describe Dirk Nowitzki. When he does 'fight' back, he usually gets suspended.

Which is what would happen if Griffin tried to 'fight back' in the manner that these idiots want him to fight back in.

It's a stupid label as far as I'm concerned.
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 IronHorseSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Who the bleep said that? Lupica? Digger?
    "Texas might have made some concessions and they might be in the same conference as Oklahoma, but they're not in the same league."

Rece Davis College Football Final 8 OCT 2011

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Hot Rod's Avatar
    vCash

Blake has too much class to fight back. Been raised by some good parents apparently.
    Ahahahaha...I like it!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerJack's Avatar
    vCash

soonerfan28, turn off espn. Pet your dog. Throw rocks at your neighbors fence. Have a taco. All of those endeavors will make you happier than watching espn. YWIA
    I gots ta get me a signature.

vCash

Mmmmm....tacos.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

ESPN is getting more and more worthless. The more they talk like they really know what's going on, the more I don't want to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sooner518's Avatar
    vCash

is this online? Ive seen segments of this show online in the past. Who said it?
    Quote Originally Posted by bri
    NOW, WITNESS THE ORANGE POWER OF THIS FULLY OPERATIONAL HALF-EMPTY STADIUM!!!!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SOONER STEAKER's Avatar
    vCash

Idiot speak. Digger needs to go back to digging graves, my bad, he diggs his grave deeper every time he speaks!

Dump Digger and bring in Clark Kellogg, he knows more basketball than digger has ever thought about knowing.
    Here I sit just a flexin, giving birth to another UT grad.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER STEAKER View Post
    Idiot speak. Digger needs to go back to digging graves, my bad, he diggs his grave deeper every time he speaks!

Dump Digger and bring in Clark Kellogg, he knows more basketball than digger has ever thought about knowing.
    Hate him as we all likely did when he was at Tech, Bobby Knight is the most fun to listen to. Putting him on as one of the commentators for the women's basketball tournament would instantly make ESPN's coverage of the thing better.

However, Dickie V... gawwwwwd, we muted the OU-texas game Saturday because of him. Even when he talks highly of OU, he is unbearable to listen to... baby.

To review:

MORE: Bobby Knight.
    LESS: Digger Phelps.
    NO MORE: Dick Vitale.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I think Dickie V has a new bromance with Willie Warren. He was def putting on his O face when Willie was putting on a show!

vCash

And it was still disgusting.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Would I be a bad person to hope that Dickie gets his in the larynyx by a foul liner at Tropicana Field this summer?

I mean, as long as it doesn't threaten his life?
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sooner518's Avatar
    vCash

i just saw it on a replay on ESPN2. first off, the host guy, Jay something or other says that Blake chose not to play "even though he was cleared by the doctors to play".

WTF!? incorrect ******rocket

Just a dumb conversation altogether. Skip kind of defended Blake but basically said that he needs to strike back at these cheap shots or someone else on the team does. the other guy, no idea on his name, said Blake is too soft and needs to toughen up like Dejuan Blair.....his evidence was that Dejuan Blair got a black eye playing against Thabeet. I guess he hasnt seen Blake's black eye that he has sported all season.....
    Quote Originally Posted by bri
    NOW, WITNESS THE ORANGE POWER OF THIS FULLY OPERATIONAL HALF-EMPTY STADIUM!!!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GrapevineSooner View Post
    Would I be a bad person to hope that Dickie gets his in the larynyx by a foul liner at Tropicana Field this summer?

I believe that Dick Vitale is a good person who got caught up in a gimmick that will now follow him around the rest of his career. His manufactured enthusiasm ending every sentence in the word "baby" is the equivalent of Keanu Reeves forever being labeled the "Whoa" guy from Matrix, or Mister T having to say "I pity the fool" in every endorsement deal he does... or Bart Simpson having to say "I didn't do it" at every turn in that one episode.

Dick Vitale will never have a job as a serious basketball-minded commentator and will always be the over enthusiastic "awesome, baby!" announcer that sounds too forced. And that is why he will never be taken seriously.

So, I pity him and don't want you to punch him in the larynyx. However, I do want him to be retired, effective immediately.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GrapevineSooner View Post

I'm hoping that his throat problems that required surgery creep up on him enough to keep him from working the booth. Then ESPN can pay him to stay off to the side and only bring him out of mothballs when it's Jimmy V week on ESPN to panhandle for donations.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Gandalf_The_Grey's Avatar
    vCash

This reminds me of the time Rick Mahorn and Bill Laimbeer flipped Jordan onto his head. Phil Jackson asked Jordan if he was angry. Jordan smiled and said "No, they did exactly what they were supposed to do" Great players don't get even with their fists or retaliation from another teammate. Although I do wish Wright or Taylor would lay someone "accidently" out after some of the crap Blake has to put up with.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

man shaq must have been soft his entire career too.

vCash

Ghandi = soft
    Jesus = pansy

ESPN rolls Old Testament style.