Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Mmmm, that's bitterness you can drizzle on pancakes

Seattle fans renting buses to go to Thunder/T'Blazers game in Portland and boo both teams

Awesome. Sh*t like this makes me wish you guys could steal their team again. I'm sick of those hippie bitches and coffee junkies trying to act like they're the first city to ever lose a team in the history of EVAR.

When the Thunder plays at Portland next week, some Seattle fans, miffed that their NBA team moved to Oklahoma City, plan to attend the Feb. 11 game at the Rose Garden. The vocal Save Our Sonics group said it has secured blocks of tickets so members “can boo both teams” at a discounted price. The group has rented shuttle buses for the 170-mile trip. Save Our Sonics leaders are planning an even bigger trip when the Thunder returns to Portland on April 13.
    "If you don't become an actor you'll never be a factor" - Lupe Fiasco

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner98's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Mmmm, that's bitterness you can drizzle on pancakes

That's it. We're coming after the Mariners next.

vCash

Heh. GIT 'EM!!

vCash

Biggest bunch a sore losers I've ever seen..........
    Can't wait til they get another team to *not* support so that then our guys can go up there and give'em even more to cry & be depressed about besides their gloomy-a#$ weather!

Hillbilly Queen

vCash

Too bad they didn't travel that well when they actually had the team.

Idiots.
    "And the truth is that no circumstance can ever defeat us unless we let it... Resilience in the face of failure is a manifestation of the mind..." -Wayne Coyne

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Dio's Avatar
    vCash

That bus trip's not being put together by someone calling themselves "Supersonic Bob", is it?
    "ESPN and Texas are now one and the same." -Stewart Mandel

vCash

Holy sh*t, that is greatness.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner LockJaw View Post
    Biggest bunch a sore losers I've ever seen..........
    Can't wait til they get another team to *not* support so that then our guys can go up there and give'em even more to cry & be depressed about besides their gloomy-a#$ weather!
    Not even close, look at Cleveland Browns fans. I was in Seattle for the uw game and I can honestly tell you that 99% of Seattle people couldnt care less.
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ton Loc's Avatar
    vCash

Bunch o bitches. Most people in Seattle could care less. They have more important things to worry about. What with Seattle's getting slammed by the economy an all.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Put it this way, those same fans were selling out Safeco Field when their Mariners were winning 116 games in 2001.

Last year?

Notice all those empty seats in the upper deck and even in the club section?

For any Seattle fans that might accidentally stumble upon this thread from, say, a Google search, I'm going to make this as succinct as I possibly can.

You lost your team because they had a sh**ty lease at Key Arena. I don't care how much you love your team, your owner can't make the team viable by losing $20 million a season.
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

vCash

And also, Seattle fans suck 'cause they still use Tripod.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Drown Their Kittens Re: Mmmm, that's bitterness you can drizzle on pancakes

Heh.

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Dammit. Beat me to it. That kid's dad is the former marketing director of the Supersonics, BTW. Maybe if he'd done a better job putting asses in seats and rallying support for an arena deal he wouldn't be working for a WNBA team right now.
    Well, crap.

vCash

Maybe if his best attempt at marking the Supersonics wasn't having his monkey-looking spawn hold a sh*tty poster in an attempt at sympathy, they'd still have their team.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner04's Avatar
    vCash

The Sonics didn't move because of a lack of support. They moved because of a "bad" lease with Key Arena and a sweetheart, behind-the-scenes, deal between Schultz, Bennett and the mayor's office. Bashing the fans of the Seattle Supersonics is folly because that team was well supported.

Why don't you look up the attendance figures from the two-year dance with the Tacoma Dome in the mid-90s and tell me that there wasn't a passionate following for the Supersonics up there.

The team was stolen. I'm happy for Oklahoma City and our state, but it sucks for my team. I'm a huge NBA fan, but I will never buy a ticket to watch the Oklahoma City Thunder. EVER.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mixer! View Post
    Heh.

Sonic-shaded green square coming your way, Mixer!

With all possible due disrespect and disregard to the Seattle sports world, they have had a gawd-awful year there and we have had the cardinal opposite in all of Oklahoma. Plus, their job market is on the downswing when their longest-term newspaper is going under and their largest monopoly on job talent, Microsoft, is even cutting now too.

When NP and I went to Seattle for the OU-Warsh game, I held a pocket-size camera up in the tailgating area and asked all the Huskies about the Thunder. Sometime, I'll post the video here.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ton Loc's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner04 View Post
    The Sonics didn't move because of a lack of support. They moved because of a "bad" lease with Key Arena and a sweetheart, behind-the-scenes, deal between Schultz, Bennett and the mayor's office. Bashing the fans of the Seattle Supersonics is folly because that team was well supported.

Why don't you look up the attendance figures from the two-year dance with the Tacoma Dome in the mid-90s and tell me that there wasn't a passionate following for the Supersonics up there.

The team was stolen. I'm happy for Oklahoma City and our state, but it sucks for my team. I'm a huge NBA fan, but I will never buy a ticket to watch the Oklahoma City Thunder. EVER.
    Dude, you live in Ardmore. You should be pumped, your favorite team now lives down the street.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner04 View Post

Maybe if (some of) they didn't bash OKC, the State, and her citizens with such childish zeal, I might actually give a goody-***-damned about them losing their team.

vCash

doubt it. who cares? the team wasn't well supported the past 2 years, that much is for sure. they averaged around 6k a night, which is really bad. pro sports franchises move to greener pastures, it happens. they just can't swallow that oklahoma city is a greener pasture for the sonics, because they are so much smarter and better than us in every which way. hopefully the thunder never do the same to us.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner04's Avatar
    vCash

I'm afraid you couldn't be more wrong. In their last two years in Seattle, the Supersonics averaged 14,655 a night. That's nearly 86% capacity.