Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Thank you, George W. Bush.

Dear President Bush,

Thank you for your 8 years of national public service, and your years prior, serving on the state level. You have presided over some very difficult times in our great country. Some, mired in partisan rhetoric, blame you fully for those problems. Some (very few these days), stuck in the same trap, blame you for none. As in much of the political world, the answer probably lies somewhere in between.

My personal observation, however, is that you served this country the best way you knew how. Your response to the greatest terrorist attack in U.S. history was initially universally lauded. Perhaps that response grew into something that it should not have, but the fact remains that on our own soil in the years since, Americans have remained unharmed.

While many of your opponents saw you as simple-minded, I instead saw you as single-minded, which at times proved to be detrimental. But I personally have never wavered in my belief that your personal motivation for whatever actions you took while in office came from a belief that you were doing the right thing for the United States. First and foremost, that needs to be the motivation for all who hold your office.

As you leave office, history, rather than partisan positioning, will be the judge of your presidency. I suspect that future generations will view you in a better light than does our present, polarized, frustrated, media-driven and beleaguered society.

Did you make mistakes? Of course. Perhaps your greatest failure was an unwillingness to readily admit to them. Your public relations skill admittedly left much to be desired. But you also championed causes, some of which were even unpopular with your own base, which will in years to come prove to have a postive impact on many millions of people in this country and around the world. During your post-Presidential years, please dwell upon those with satisfaction, and let the current criticism roll off your shoulders. You cannot undo that which has already been done.

Thank you also for the gracious manner in which you have handled the transition to your successor's administration. The position you have held for the past eight years is too important to allow it to be burdened with pettines, something some of your predecessors failed to understand. Based on its current problems, our country needs the new President to hit the ground running, with as little partisan bickering as possible. Your actions have allowed this to happen as much as is possible in today's political climate. Additionally, you have proven yet again to the rest of the world that despite all of its flaws, the United States of America boasts the most righteous model of government in the world today, one that allows for a peaceful transition of power between two very idealogically different leaders, based upon choices made by its people.

Mr. President, thank you for being an American who was willing to serve your country. As you leave office, please pray for the man who will occupy the office you are vacating, a man who now needs all the help he can get. I am convinced that you will do so.
    Well, crap.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 85Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Thank you, George W. Bush.

here here
    OBAMA= One Big A** Mistake America!

vCash

Well said, bro
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 I Am Right's Avatar
    vCash

Good Job

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Righteous words.......
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 1890MilesToNorman's Avatar
    vCash

God, how I hate the 21st century.

OleVet Posse - dung slinger
    Free Booze and Spam . What else could a Man want?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedJed View Post
    Dear President Bush,...

...But you also championed causes, some of which were even unpopular with your own base, which will in years to come prove to have a postive impact on many millions of people in this country and around the world. During your post-Presidential years, please dwell upon those with satisfaction, and let the current criticism roll off your shoulders.
    Good letter, but pls explain the above. Thnx
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    Start with bailouts of just about every industry...
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Boomer_Sooner_sax's Avatar
    vCash

I totally agree. I think the US will miss him more than most will admit. He did what was right for America and was concerned about America's interests first, and I believe that to be a great leader. Cheers to you President Bush 43, and thank you for your service!
    Quote Originally Posted by bri View Post
    Yes there is: Two women in handcuffs, going to town on each other like their special lady areas have the antidote.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I obviously disagreed with his boondoggle government spending programs from the prescription drug program to No Child Left Behind.

But the man made his decisions because he felt they were right for the country. And he had a ton more class than the whiny petulant leftards will ever have. To be sure, I expect Obama will have similar petulant critics on the right. And just as Bush has, I'm sure he'll handle them with the same class.

For Bush's sake, I'm relieved his Presidency is over and he can get back to his Texas roots. Amazing how much a Presidency can age somebody.
    Last edited by GrapevineSooner; 1/20/2009 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Redudant Department of Redudancy has corrected this post
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

boo for spending too much money and boo for not making your case better in anything, in all of China.

Emma's Daddy! SoonerStormchaser's Avatar
    vCash

I've already said what I think about the unrepentant diehard haters...and I still feel that way.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member crawfish's Avatar
    vCash

Good post.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 47straight's Avatar
    vCash

His aid programs to Africa have been spendy but pretty effective, in both an immediate and long-term sense. Millions of lives saved is not an exaggeration.
    “Some people who attend the University of Oklahoma seem to represent different values than some people who attend the University of Texas.” -- Mr. J. Mcfarland

"[Christian Scott]'s off the team the day of the incident and I guarantee you he won't be back." -- Typical Dallas horn fan

vCash

Bush will be missed.

And I hope that Obama can be HALF as strong as Bush was, and that he does succeed and makes us all better off. We should all hope for that.

Emma's Daddy! SoonerStormchaser's Avatar
    vCash

But you'll never hear the media report that...just that he killed babies in Iraq and let New Orleans flood.

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

That would involve and encourage policy debate in this thread, which I can't stop, but would like to avoid. We have had and will have plenty of threads where policy debate is available in abundance.

I intended this thread to be thanks to a man who I personally believe conducted himself with the best interests of the country foremost in his mind, regardless of whether any or all of his decisions were good or bad. I think it is fair to agree with him or disagree with him on most or all of it. Being able to do so openly is much of what makes America great. But it can be/could have been done without casting him in the light of "evil," as plenty of people chose to portray him. Perhaps some of the people he surrounded himself with had self-serving personal or political agendas, or put party over country, but in my heart I don't believe that selfishness describes George W. Bush. In fact, he might have in some ways been done in by his own idealism.

Personally, I agreed with him on far more than most probably do/did, but that's beside the point. His administration is over. Debating it is pointless. Now there is a new man for the country and the pundits to maliciously tear apart for their own political advantage.
    Well, crap.

vCash

Is Rachel Maddow a chick or a dude???

OR BOTH???!??!??

vCash

This thread is chock full of 20% 'ers.

vCash

He did manage to have two-three times the approval ratings the donks have in congress, even at his lowest.

So, just say'n.