Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Melo's Avatar
    vCash

Update on the Air Force

Vet asked me to come by and give an update on the things that have been going on with me.

January 9th, I graduated BMT.

I was the second round of flights to go through the new 8.5 week program. I had so much fun while I was there - We did so many awesome things, like, the obstacle course, the gas chamber, M16 and M9 range. We did the BEAST (Basic Expedentiary Airman Survival Tactics), which meant we went out to the field for an entire week to get a feel for being in a deployed location. I loved every moment of it - I pulled DFP (Defensive Fighting Position) duty ALL day the day of evaluations and earned my sector major points, leading to an extra banner on our guideon. I spent 8.5 weeks not shaving my legs, plucking my eyebrows, etc. I also opted for no showers at the BEAST. It was amazing.

While all of the things we learned were difficult, we accomplished them all, and graduated together. I dont really feel as if I have changed much, personality wise, but I do know that I've gained a greater sense of patriotism, a greater sense of pride and confidence in myself, and the knowledge that I can accomplish a lot more than I originally thought. I know Ive made the right decision.

I passed my PT eval with flying colors - 33 pushups in 1 minute, 55 situps in 1 minute and 11:30 1.5 mile run. I was one of three females to get an extra town pass at graduation for receiving above minimum PT requirements.

Jan 12th, I arrived at Goodfellow AFB for Tech School for my #1 job choice. Some people told me I was stupid for joining the AF with an open contract, however, Im VERY happy with my job selection. Im 1N4, or Network Intelligence Assessment - basically, an intel analyst. We havent been told much about what we actually do - they informed us to just tell people were students, or that were in the AF, and that they couldnt actually tell us much about our job until we recieved our security clearances and were physically in a secure building. My school doesnt actually start till Feb. 4th, and it should last for about 17 weeks.

Im not sure if I mentioned it on here or not, but before I left for basic, I got engaged. We werent planning on getting married until after he came back from Iraq, however, the last few days have been nothing but reconsideration, as far as that is concerned.

I havent been around here much, however, I hope everyone is healthy and happy.

These are some pictures of my fiance and I before I left for basic, him and I on Thanksgiving, then of me from the BEAST.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member VeeJay's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Update on the Air Force

Awesome!

Thanks for the update. You look great in those pics.

Congrats on the fiance thing too.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 PrideTrombone's Avatar
    vCash

Good to hear you're doing well!! Nice glasses.
    "Great advice, kid. Way to step up to the plate and knock it out of the park for Team Fail." - bri

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Tailwind's Avatar
    vCash

Great going girl! Or should I now be saying "woman"! I'm so proud of you!
    " A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

Olevet Posse Member

vCash

Congrats and keep up the good work. Cool pics too, I want me one of those colored guns.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Were you Latrine Queen?
    posse member

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    Congrats and keep up the good work. Cool pics too, I want me one of those colored guns.
    Wonder why they are blue?
    Are they Trainers ?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

yay Melo! Now, keep your head down and stay focused, be a DG from tech school, and hit that first assignment running. The great thing about Big Blue is, if you can dream it, you can do it. And it will give you back as much as you give it.

And don't forget that bachelors degree. Once you get settled in at your new assignment and achieve your five level, get started on finishing your degree. No sense in not doing so since its free. That way, you'll be all set when you decide to apply for commissioning.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

vCash

Leave it to the Air Force to make a cute girl look ugly.
    posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Flagstaffsooner View Post
    Leave it to the Air Force to make a cute girl look ugly.
    but after three months deployed, there are plenty of horn-dogs that look right past the the BCG's, dirty fingernails and untweezed eye mustaches.

I once observed a group of three airmen standing outside a female tent just staring with longing looks at a couple bras and granny panties hung on a length of rope to dry.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Gandalf_The_Grey's Avatar
    vCash

Awesome, Congratulations on everything. Does this mean Melo gets to be Ol' Vet Posse Intel Analyst

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey View Post
    but after three months deployed, there are plenty of horn-dogs that look right past the the BCG's, dirty fingernails and untweezed eye mustaches.

I once observed a group of three airmen standing outside a female tent just staring with longing looks at a couple bras and granny panties hung on a length of rope to dry.
    That's why they season the food at Lackland with saltpeter.
    posse member

vCash

Were you Latrine Queen?
    Hellll no. Our MTI goes, 'Who likes to bowl?' Im thinking, 'No way am I raising my hand!'

My detail was stairwell - A 10 minute, non- inspectable detail.

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Wonder why they are blue?
    Are they Trainers ?
    Those were our MockM16's. They disassemble like a real M16, but are missing some key components of a real M16. Is what I was told. However, They do not disassemble like a real M16. It took me about 1:50or so to take the mock M16 apart and put it back together. When we to the range, and had to take it apart to clean it, the real M16 came apart in about 9 seconds. Im not sure why the huge difference.

yay Melo! Now, keep your head down and stay focused, be a DG from tech school, and hit that first assignment running. The great thing about Big Blue is, if you can dream it, you can do it. And it will give you back as much as you give it.

And don't forget that bachelors degree. Once you get settled in at your new assignment and achieve your five level, get started on finishing your degree. No sense in not doing so since its free. That way, you'll be all set when you decide to apply for commissioning.
    Trust me - With the fiance in Iraq, and my tendancy to be a loner, I have nothing to do BUT take some classes. Ill do it as soon as I figure out which ones I should take.

You are not even kidding.

We had no problems in BMT, but there are folks here in tech school getting in all kinds of trouble, getting married after 3 weeks of dating, etc. Its ridiculous.

First thing I did was throw my granny panties away. Ugh!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member VeeJay's Avatar
    vCash

Methinks Homey has embellished this memoir:

S/B: "I once stood with two fellow airmen outside a female tent just staring with longing looks at a couple of bras and granny panties hung on a length of rope to dry."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Melo View Post

First thing I did was throw my granny panties away. Ugh!
    Did you have the stamp thiny on them? M5412

I was chrome amd brass.
    posse member

vCash

BTW, were those panties grounded to inspection side?
    ABQ will love this.
    posse member

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerDood's Avatar
    vCash

Awesome job Melo! I was wondering how the new 8 1/2 week BMT would be. How's Goodfellow been so far? You're starting your class exactly one year after I started mine. What bases did you put on your dream sheet?
    Where can I get Boomer Sooner ringtone? TIA

vCash

Did you have the stamp thiny on them? M5412

I was chrome amd brass.
    Laundry marks dont go on undies! You have mesh bags, with the laundry mark on them, that you throw the undies into, and then it all gets washed in the bag.

ABQ will love this.
    Grounded to the top and to the right.

I kicked some *** when it came to clothing drawers. I never once failed. How did they do tshirts when you were in? Did they fold them in the 6 inch squares? From what I understand, the rolling is new-er.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member AlbqSooner's Avatar
    vCash

ABQ will love this.
    WHUT?
    Congrats Melo. Intel is a great field in the USAF. Keep a good attitude and stick with it and you can retire in reasonable comfort at a reasonable age. That ain't very likely in the civilian sector.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with ketchup.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

That is quite possibly the most inspirational post I have ever seen on this board. I realize that I'm a noob when it comes to post count but I was right here watching when you showed up with your bad self and I'm proud of where you are with your life.

Congratulations on your impending nuptials and my sincere gratitude for your service defending our freedom.