Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Viking Kitten's Avatar
    vCash

Crystal Darkness

Sounds like a good name for a goth stripper.

"Gentlemen please welcome to the main stage Crystal Darkness!"

*cue Closer by Nine Inch Nails*
    *this girl shows up*

Okay but really, if you're in Oklahoma unless you've live under a rock you know it refers to this: http://www.crystaldarknessoklahoma.org/

And the state's airwaves are getting taken over tomorrow at 6:30 p.m. so we can all watch a documentary about how meth is bad, m'kay?

I really have to wonder how effective this is going to be. Course it's not like I have any better ideas other than mandatory sterilization of methheads so I don't have to support their kids.

Anyone else want to weigh in?

vCash

Re: Crystal Darkness

i was really hoping this was about a goth stripper

and i guess i was under a rock

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

It killed an ex-inlaw of mine. And by "it," I mean the tweaker that she escaped from treatment with -- to go do meth together -- killed her and left her body in a park. She was a really nice, bright person, and the downward spiral her life took after getting involved with meth was pretty astounding. It's an ugly, ugly thing.
    Well, crap.

vCash

This Might Come as a shock to some . I like My Booze , Ive Nevar seen the attraction Fer that Meth ****
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

In all my years...I have never seen a drug worse than this one.

It's methods of making have been transformed as the push to get it off the streets began to strengthen. What these folks are putting into their bodies is absolutely poison. They are slowly killing themselves and even if they stop after a time...I believe they are messed up forever.

There may be the occasional user who did it and didn't like it....but what I have seen usually is someone who gets hooked very quickly and can't stop until they have completely hit rock bottom, landed in jail or die.

Awful stuff.

I applaud the Gov. in his attempt to out the makers of this poison. They need to be put away.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Pricetag's Avatar
    vCash

It would make a sweet title for an '80s fantasy movie or an RPG, too.
    La ola es mía.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tbl's Avatar
    vCash

Back in the mid-90's we used to do it farily regularly (it was called crank back then). I had a couple of buddies get hooked and become full on tweakers (scabs, extreme paranoia, etc), but I never did. I'd pull an all nighter and that was it for me. I don't see how people would stay up for 5-10 days in a row. The lack of sleep alone is enough to make you go insane (and is indeed the primary reason for the mental problems), not to mention the garbage going into your system. It's a bad, dirty, nasty drug, but I don't see any way to slow it down.

1 line of coke = 30 minutes bumping, then hard crash needing more
    1 line of crank = 8 hours bumping, then crash

Same cost/gram

It's amazing to me that coke is even around any more...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    i was really hoping this was about a goth stripper
    +1
    “If a team is to reach its potential, each player must be willing to subordinate his personal goals to the good of the team.”

Bud Wilkinson

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup View Post
    In all my years...I have never seen a drug worse than this one.

It's methods of making have been transformed as the push to get it off the streets began to strengthen. What these folks are putting into their bodies is absolutely poison. They are slowly killing themselves and even if they stop after a time...I believe they are messed up forever.

There may be the occasional user who did it and didn't like it....but what I have seen usually is someone who gets hooked very quickly and can't stop until they have completely hit rock bottom, landed in jail or die.

Awful stuff.

I applaud the Gov. in his attempt to out the makers of this poison. They need to be put away.
    I've got an extended family member hooked on this crap right now. She had all kinds of promise, but has basically decided to throw her life away. It's sickening. We told her over and over why she should stay away from the stuff, but she wouldn't listen. That's why I'm questioning whether showing a documentary about it will do any good.

Part of tomorrow night's campaign includes the state's 211 phone banks all on standby to take calls from people seeking help with meth addiction. I suppose if even a few people are helped it will have been worth it. I'm just a little bitter and cynical I guess.

Administrator
    vCash

Anybody remember when "Reefer Madness" came out? We had to watch it when I was in junior high. Scared me for about a week, then when my sister was in the backyard lighting up a cigarette that was yellow and telling me "don't believe that crap, here, take a hit..." the rest was history.

People are stupid. This has been documented. They're gonna do crack, crank, coke, and every other thing they can get their hands on. Some will survive, most won't.

For me personally though, I think weed is just as bad as meth. Seriously. No, you don't chain smoke, stay up for days without eating, twitch like a gerbil fixin' to get a one way ticket to some fag's large intestine, and steal from your own granny, but it kills you all the same. Just much more slooooooooowly.

With meth, in a few years you're homeless, penniless, toothless, friendless and better off dead. With weed, one day you wake up, you're 60 years old, and realize you just pissed away your entire life barely getting by. Each case is tragic.

vCash

It's about time we got a Reefer Madness for this century.

vCash

JINX!

Administrator
    vCash

Heh.

vCash

Who needs 30 minutes? Just give Pee Wee 60 seconds and he could stop people from doing meth, just like he stopped people from doing crack...

"If you don't become an actor you'll never be a factor" - Lupe Fiasco

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonersEnFuego's Avatar
    vCash

So this girl does meth???

I'd still hit it.
    "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

"Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish...and feed yourself. He's a grown man. And fishing's not that hard." -Ron Swanson

Hillbilly Queen

vCash

I was kinda surprised that it's only a 30-minute long program.

Hopefully, it'll impact at least a few people out there that are thinking about trying it or aren't too far gone just yet. From my experience, it won't even make a dent in the ones already all jacked up on it. But maybe it can help some folks somehow.

It's an evil thing. And if you've ever been close to it or seen/loved someone that was/is you know it's painful and destructive and horrible. Dang.
    "And the truth is that no circumstance can ever defeat us unless we let it... Resilience in the face of failure is a manifestation of the mind..." -Wayne Coyne

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Hasn't the new laws limiting certain decongestant sales to behind the counter been extremely successful in reducing meth use?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersEnFuego View Post
    So this girl does meth???

I'd still hit it.
    Like the fist of an angry God.
    "If you don't become an actor you'll never be a factor" - Lupe Fiasco

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkjsooner View Post
    Hasn't the new laws limiting certain decongestant sales to behind the counter been extremely successful in reducing meth use?
    In a Word NO , the Cooks just go to Deadlier Ingredients
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkjsooner View Post
    No. It HAS been successful in reducing the amount of meth made in Oklahoma. Demand is still high as ever. So now they're just trucking it in from Mexico.