Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner Benchwarmer SoonerEmpire's Avatar
    vCash

Not even sure what to say...

But here goes...

I don't even have the words to truly convey how I feel right now. I am pissed off, upset, disappointed, and frustrated as hell about this loss. I can't help but wonder when the hell we're going to win a bowl game again.

BUT...

I am proud of our team. I am proud of our coaches. We went into the game and played it well-prepared and ready to play. OU didn't lay down and die. OU didn't take Florida lightly. It was a well-fought game between two, of what I feel, are STILL the best 2 teams in the country. Unfortunately, we came out on the wrong side of the W/L column. Florida beat us. No excuses. If they are better than us, they are not better by much. It's no consolation, I know, but it is what it is. So, I extend my congrats to the Gators and their fans. The Florida program AND their fans talked all kinds of noise leading up to this game, but they backed it up, so much respect to them. I just hope they're able to be honest enough with themselves to thank God that they stopped us inside the 10 yard line twice. Otherwise, we all might be feeling a little bit better right now by celebrating our 8th NC.

Anyway, that's all from me for now. I don't know what else to say. But again, I'm proud of our team and of our coaching staff. I'll take Stoops and his crew of coaches, along with the magnitude of the success that he has brought back to Norman any day, and EVERY day! And again, congrats to the Gators.

Frustrated and Crushed but STILL Proud,
    SoonerEmpire
    Last edited by SoonerEmpire; 1/9/2009 at 01:48 AM.

Re: Not even sure what to say...

Probably not for a very long time. The culture of choke is thoroughly ingrained with these guys. Allowing 12 for 17 on third down conversions and yet another game chock full of dozens of missed tackles and a sputtering timid offense does not bode well. It felt like the WV game minus the receivers running wide open for TD's. I guess he's got that to hang his hat on.

vCash

I dont understand how people can call for Stoops' head. I am as disappointed and as pissed off as all of you, but I will take playing in a championship game 4 out of 9 years any day. Unfortunately every year we play in it tOSU isn't in it or I am sure we would be 4-0
    He's coming for you

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooner2b09 View Post
    I dont understand how people can call for Stoops' head. I am as disappointed and as pissed off as all of you, but I will take playing in a championship game 4 out of 9 years any day. Unfortunately every year we play in it tOSU isn't in it or I am sure we would be 4-0
    Totally agree.

Obviously, we were outplayed and the ball didn't bounce our way tonight (literally). I do think that we proved to the nation tonight, no matter how unfair it may be, that we didn't deserve to be there. Bob Stoops made silly mistakes and goofy errors at critical points. We need to face the facts, Bob needs to go, he can't win the big one. We also need to recognize texas as the superior team this year and move on and prepare for next year. BOOMER SOONER

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SteelCitySooner's Avatar
    ...a drinkin' town with a football problem
    vCash

I don't have the words to describe how I feel right now either. Well, yeah I do but I can't say them here..
    "I'm just a humble motherf*cker with a big-a$$ d***." -Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland

Olevet Posse Member

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU341 View Post
    Obviously, we were outplayed and the ball didn't bounce our way tonight (literally). I do think that we proved to the nation tonight, no matter how unfair it may be, that we didn't deserve to be there. Bob Stoops made silly mistakes and goofy errors at critical points. We need to face the facts, Bob needs to go, he can't win the big one. We also need to recognize texas as the superior team this year and move on and prepare for next year. BOOMER SOONER
    stfu
    "I'm just a humble motherf*cker with a big-a$$ d***." -Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland

Olevet Posse Member

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CrimsonJim's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooner2b09 View Post
    Sad, but true.

http://www.soonercode.com
    I’m not a gynecologist, but I'll take a look at it.

Posse Friendly...

We are all as upset as you SteelCity, but you don't need to be bitter. I am trying to be a realist, and you should not demeen me for presenting the facts. We can begin to reload for next year. BOOMER SOONER

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 landrun's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonJim View Post
    Sad, but true.

No. It isn't true.
    We're tOSU 10X over.

We will not get into another Championship game for years to come even if we deserve it because we've blown it so much. The voters are sick of us.

vCash

We are all as upset as you SteelCity, but you don't need to be bitter. I am trying to be a realist, and you should not demeen me for presenting the facts. We can begin to reload for next year. BOOMER SOONER
    No, SteelCity is right. STFU, idiot.

vCash

Are you chitting me? Stoops didnt call the plays. why in the hell did Wilson call 4 running plays in a row at fla. 7 yd. line? We made it to that game on Bradfords arm. the passes that were dropped were inexcusable. WE beat OUrselfs...the only good thing that can come out of this game is Sam will come back for his Jr. year!

BOOMER SOONER!!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CrimsonJim's Avatar
    vCash

STFU & GTFO! Gawd, we had to endure the trolls for a month, and now we're going to have to listen to the fairweather fans!?! SHAT! Get a clue will ya!

http://www.soonercode.com
    I’m not a gynecologist, but I'll take a look at it.

Posse Friendly...

Empire, what is your reasoning behind your comment. Don't tell me to shut up when all i am trying to do is move forward. I am simply trying to present a different, unique view. If you are SO bitter about this loss than you should go and collect yourself and then make a constructive post instead of wasting my time.

And to stOUgh, I understand what you are saying, but I am just trying to point out that OU seems to have some sort of mental block when it comes to bowl games with Bob. IDK, thats my view. BOOMER SOONER.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JLEW1818's Avatar
    vCash

for some reason i'm not as pissed as other bcs losses

vCash

Don't tell me to shut up when all i am trying to do is move forward.
    You're obviously too young to remember the 90's. Go to bed, kid.

you should go and collect yourself and then make a constructive post instead of wasting my time.
    You're the one who CHOSE to read AND respond to my post. If you feel your time was wasted, you did it to yourself, dumba$$!

Quote Originally Posted by jlew1818 View Post
    for some reason i'm not as pissed as other bcs losses
    You should be used to it by now

vCash

We belonged there. We were well coached, or we wouldn't have made to the game. And Texas SUCKS.. and always will.

Olevet Posse Member

I feel like my time was wasted by the non-constructive posts, and no my time was not wasted by responding to you because obviously you feel remorse or you would not be trying to justify your position. We are both OU fans here so there is no reason to call out the others fanhood. I had to endure the 90s as well. Lets please be constructive and respect other's points of views. BOOMER SOONER

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

haha, get bent!
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.