Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Why Do I Watch espn?

Gawd! Corso obviously is gettin SOMETHING from Mack! He is already pushing the Whorns for a split MNC if they beat theOSU and OU "barely beats Florida." After all, "there are voters out there somewhere who remember that tu beat OU head-to-head." No mention of Tceh's win over tu, though.....

On the other hand, now that they're talking the BCS game, Corso is saying that OU has virtually no chance against UF. And he says we "folded, yes sir..." against texA$$" If it's a close game in the 4th against the Gators, OU will fold again and lose big. Florida has been there in a close game and knows how to win. We haven't and don't.

I'm a man and I'm 50, but these guys make me wanna puke! However, for some reason I can't stop watching them! Maybe that needs to be my New Year's resolution......No More College Gameday!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 IronHorseSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Why Do I Watch espn?

I have stopped watching all of those idiots. tOSU could do us all a favor and beat the Whorns...As Tim Cowlishaw said on this exact issue, how in the world could a team who is the underdog in the championship game "struggle" to barely beat their favored opponent. And, how does that constitute a split championship?...As for Corsuck, I guess folding is losing your All-American-To-Be MLB, and having a FG scored on you that should have never counted? As well, Lee, how does a team of FLA's caliber choke in the 4th QTR, AT HOME, against an unranked team?...Welcome to ESPiN, where logic, critical thinking, and journalistic integrity are non-existent, and charisma and ad-dollars are everything!!!
    "Texas might have made some concessions and they might be in the same conference as Oklahoma, but they're not in the same league."

Rece Davis College Football Final 8 OCT 2011

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 meoveryouxinfinity's Avatar
    vCash

It's like Texas Tech as a 7-5 team and Texas got screwed a la Oregon. (or Texas Tech!) And Texas was winning the entire time in Lubbock. And Colt McCoy took a cheap shot and was out for 3 quarters. And Oklahoma got blown out for 4 quarters start to finish vs Texas.
    Not my chair not my problem thats what i say

SoonerFans.com Elite Member fadada1's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by IronHorseSooner View Post
    I have stopped watching all of those idiots. tOSU could do us all a favor and beat the Whorns...As Tim Cowlishaw said on this exact issue, how in the world could a team who is the underdog in the championship game "struggle" to barely beat their favored opponent. And, how does that constitute a split championship?...As for Corsuck, I guess folding is losing your All-American-To-Be MLB, and having a FG scored on you that should have never counted? As well, Lee, how does a team of FLA's caliber choke in the 4th QTR, AT HOME, against an unranked team?...Welcome to ESPiN, where logic, critical thinking, and journalistic integrity are non-existent, and charisma and ad-dollars are everything!!!
    excellent post. what's worse, espn has mack brown thinking that the tech loss never happened or didn't matter. kind of like people thinking the holocaust never happened or the moon landing was done on a sound stage in hollywood.
    I don’t know if the block on that last one was due to low trajectory or if the guys up front didn’t hold their ground well enough. I’m not convinced it matters. We have every reason to believe the ball could have gone through the uprights and the refs would have signaled first down Oregon. - D.E.

I hear you SBacker. Corso just can't move forward. I do see Herby changing a bit....for awhile he was on the "Poor Texas" bandwagon, and at least he appears to rebuff Corso's intransigence some.....comments like ".....this OU team now isn't the same OU team that played Texas in the RRR.", or something like that. So, maybe there is some hope for ESPN, but slim at best.

I say let the presses roll and the talk keep coming about how everybody on FLA is as fast as Usain Bolt and OU doesn't have a chance. Poor Sooners. They'll be sliced & diced. They shouldn't be there & maybe shouldn't even show up. Let 'em keep all that talk up. It's going to play right into Stoops & Co. hands.

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

I usually have the volume down. Just saw that Corso had is OU pick over ut as the "what was I thinking?" moment. Uh, for pretty much three quarters of that game, he was right, for a change.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Game Day = Same old story:

1. Slam OU at every opportunity

2. No mention of any outstanding OU players this year

3. climaxing over Florida and Tebo

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 meoveryouxinfinity's Avatar
    vCash

Did you know that today USC and Penn State play in the Rose Bowl?
    Not my chair not my problem thats what i say

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

Going to espn for facts and information is like going to a plumber to get the skinny on the new tax code.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandSooner View Post
    Game Day = Same old story:

1. Slam OU at every opportunity

2. No mention of any outstanding OU players this year

3. climaxing over Florida and Tebo
    I am a life long sooner and I really should not be saying this because I am a little 63 year old, grey headed Mennonite grandma but...

...YOU GOT IT RIGHT.

I almost lose my "religion" when it comes to my Sooners and their football games.
    The greatest thing in the world is...

Being both a grandma and a sooner!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonervegas's Avatar
    vCash

I made it as far as "controversial three way tie" this morining. How exactly was it controversial? Because texas didn't get to go?

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I hope you guys weren't watching that season highlight video. OU got like 5 seconds worth of shots near the end when they were doing the whole OU vs. UF thing. Tebow by himself got about 20 seconds worth of airtime including his cheesy Ole Miss post game speech.
    Go Gators! Check out my college football blog here.

Sooners, I must say that regardless of how you act on this message board, in real life you guys are a very cool fan base.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 AzianSooner's Avatar
    vCash

You don't like them and you can't get away from them because they are EVIL. think about it.

Emma's Daddy! SoonerStormchaser's Avatar
    vCash

If for some reason we win this...and Corso shows up for our spring game like he has in the past...I'm all for getting a mass heckling group together and paying him a visit.

Anyone that thinks Corso isn't completely brain dead is probably someone that doesn't believe in watching tv or accessing a computer or any other communication device. Corso is a freak show. ESPN knows that, and that is why they highlight him. People love freak shows. It's kinda like the bearded lady at a freak show circus (nothing against bearded ladies). People come out to watch not because they wish they were like that, but they are there because of the freakiness of it.

Herbie and Musbie are flip floppers. You pay them a penny and they will flip for you. I kid you not, they could flip flop 5 times within 25 minutes of a Big 12 Championship game. They are true ball bouncers. Yup, they just jump to which ever side the ball in bouncing, without any longer term perspective.

It's unfortunate that Griese and Nessler is not the #1 ABC team. They are not perfect, but they are more balanced and grounded broadcasters.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CrimsonJim's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Sooner View Post
    It's unfortunate that Griese and Nessler is not the #1 ABC team. They are not perfect, but they are more balanced and grounded broadcasters.
    Iiieeeeeeyyeeee don't know about Griese. He's a Florida homer, doesn't matter which (Florida) team is playing, and he's not afraid to show it. I loved him when he played for the Dolphins, but as an announcer, not so much. I really cannot remember anything positive he's ever had to say about the OU program.

http://www.soonercode.com
    I’m not a gynecologist, but I'll take a look at it.

Posse Friendly...

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonJim View Post
    Iiieeeeeeyyeeee don't know about Griese. He's a Florida homer, doesn't matter which (Florida) team is playing, and he's not afraid to show it. I loved him when he played for the Dolphins, but as an announcer, not so much. I really cannot remember anything positive he's ever had to say about the OU program.
    Kind of funny, most Gators would say that Griese is anti-UF.
    Go Gators! Check out my college football blog here.

Sooners, I must say that regardless of how you act on this message board, in real life you guys are a very cool fan base.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonJim View Post
    Nessler and Griese called the Orange Bowl in 2000 and they both had lots of positive things to say about OU. I just re-watched the game a few days ago. Oh, and we were playing FSU so I don't think Griese is quite the Florida homer you're saying he is.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Hot Rod's Avatar
    vCash

So, if Ole Miss wins good over Tech and the Gators barely beat OU, don't they have the same arguement?!

You gotta love ESPN's thought process.
    Ahahahaha...I like it!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tbl's Avatar
    vCash

Shockingly, when Corso was talking garbage, Herbie said "this isn't the same team the past 4 weeks that played in Dallas".

Still.... eff em.