Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Admin, Please censure OklahomaTuba

I find his signature offensive and I am sure 60% of OUr players, who by the way are African Americans, do too. We keep screaming that African Americans should “do the right thing” and when they do—when they go to the best schools in our country (Harvard and Columbia); stay married to their first wives; love their children and immediate family members; and attain the highest office in our country, we go ahead to castigate them as interns holding their first jobs.

This is not a political board and I think it is wrong for anybody to push their ideological views on this board. I am sure a similar signature pushing misinformation about Sarah Palin will be offensive to some people on this board and would probably not be condoned.

His signature

Less than fifty years ago, African-Americans were barred from public universities, restaurants, and even drinking fountains in many parts of the country. On Tuesday we came together and transcended that shameful legacy, electing an African-American to the country's top job -- which, in fact, appears to be his first actual job.

My response

Hey Tuba: We are not interested in your political quote. This is a football board. Please take your politicking somewhere else. It's ok for you to disagree with our president-elect but it is absolutely ignorant and downright annoying for you to claim that the presidency is the first job of an 11-year University of Chicago professor (UC is much better ranked (academically) than OU, by the way), an 8-year Illinois state senator, and a 4-year US senator.

You may have issues about the fact that he is African American, but please don't tag the rest of us on this board with your ignorance by claiming that the presidency is his first job. I enjoyed my time at OU but I also know that my doctorate is less impressive because people like you keep devaluing OU and everything it stands for.

Please take this bile off OUr board.

vCash

Re: Admin, Please censure OklahomaTuba

jeez dude.. chill out.. turn OFF signatures if it offends you so much.. I can't believe you made a thread about this.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OKLA21FAN's Avatar
    vCash

and you posted this on the FOOTBALL board?

the duality of it all

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 1890MilesToNorman's Avatar
    vCash

Censorship???? He has the right to have any sig he wants, don't read it if it pisses you off. Move on!
    God, how I hate the 21st century.

OleVet Posse - dung slinger
    Free Booze and Spam . What else could a Man want?

vCash

stupid thread...
    this line intentionally left blank...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

You're obviously new. The signature is probably the least offensive thing about Tuba.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

No matter what you do there will be critics

I'm not the type to forget about nights like this,
    where every single move that I make is documented and scored for style points.
    The once ambitious one now holds the smoking gun.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this bri is a person I don't want to be around or patronize. There are two other posters which I believe have at least equivalent football knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

John W. Helander
    President & CEO
    GrayBox Services Ltd. &
    eState Auction House Ltd.
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

Tuba didn't even write that.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerPriv View Post
    jeez dude.. chill out.. turn OFF signatures if it offends you so much.. I can't believe you made a thread about this.
    I made a thread about this because it is my life. I come to this board to discuss OU football (my only link to my alma mater) and find it annoying that we condone this overt ideology-driven crap. I am an African American college professor at one of the best schools in the country. I went to OU on a full academic scholarship and find it unsettling to think that seven years from now someone could say that i have never had a "real job" because i was just a college professor.

OU football exists because of OU professors! Signature like OklahomaTuba's denigrates us!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SouthFortySooner's Avatar
    vCash

What is this signature thing you are referrring to? Board clutterer.
    " Ok children put your hands on your heart... and face Norman."

vCash

Have we not heard enough crying from Texas fans.....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Please move this thread to the South Oval.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

vCash

This will not end well...

Can you please press the pause button for atleast a couple weeks on this. We already have the entertainment from horn meltdown as it is. This promises to be atleast somewhat entertaining for a slow week.
    “If a team is to reach its potential, each player must be willing to subordinate his personal goals to the good of the team.”

Bud Wilkinson

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonernija View Post
    I made a thread about this because it is my life. I come to this board to discuss OU football (my only link to my alma mater) and find it annoying that we condone this overt ideology-driven crap. I am an African American college professor at one of the best schools in the country. I went to OU on a full academic scholarship and find it unsettling to think that seven years from now someone could say that i have never had a "real job" because i was just a college professor.

OU football exists because of OU professors! Signature like OklahomaTuba's denigrates us!
    you made a thread having nothing to do with football on a football board? good job.. you wouldn't be one of those hoitie toitie afercan amarikin types that love to hear yourself talk would you?
    Last edited by SoonerPriv; 12/1/2008 at 11:46 AM.

Sooner Benchwarmer HappyClappyMackBrown's Avatar
    vCash

Way to perpetuate the stereotype that all of us liberals are nothing more then whinny, pussified bitches who cant take a joke. I don't agree with what he says, but its a message board....just chill. We WON the election...no need to get caught up in petty fights on the internets.

vCash

You do have a good point here, but don't expect it to happen.
    The greatest thing in the world is...

Being both a grandma and a sooner!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

You have GOT to be kidding me?????

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

vCash

Oh yeah? Well 'ninja' has an 'n' in the middle. You're sure not a perfessor of speeling!