Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member boomersooner28's Avatar
    vCash

Just re-watched the game....

and I didn't get to hear a lot that was said due to the fact that my house was going crazy most of the time. But, their was a comment in the 3rd quarter by Herbstreit that really pisses me off. We are up by 38 on the #2 team in America and instead of giving us props he decides to rattle off the fact that "we need to keep mentioning the fact that Texas beat Oklahoma head to head". Well you know what Herbie? While you are busy sucking the Florida tubesteak why don't you not forget to bring up the fact that FLORIDA LOST TO AN UNRANKED MISSISSIPPI TEAM AT HOME!!! Mention that one Herbie!

I have lost a lot of respect for Kirk Herbstreit this year.

vCash

Re: Just re-watched the game....

And then right after he shuts his piehole...Manny catches a long td pass! Beautiful!

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Yeah, I don't know what his deal is, normally he does a pretty good job, but he's all over Texas right now and the ole head to head argument BS.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 1890MilesToNorman's Avatar
    vCash

You re-watchers don't spoil the ending for me, I ain't re-watching until tomorrow morning.

I hate it when folks give away the ending.
    God, how I hate the 21st century.

OleVet Posse - dung slinger
    Free Booze and Spam . What else could a Man want?

Quote Originally Posted by 1890MilesToNorman View Post
    You re-watchers don't spoil the ending for me, I ain't re-watching until tomorrow morning.

I hate it when folks give away the ending.

My favorite play was with 6:00 left in the third.......

Just messin' with ya.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

i don't like Herbstreit. i think he sucks.
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by King Crimson View Post
    I think you are right!

What the kicker is, after Johnson scores, and literally dismantles his whole argument by furthering the blowout, he GOES BACK to kissing texas' ***. This is why the system is broken, the talking head blow-hards try to control it even when the team he's downplaying is scoring right in front of his face.

vCash

The funny thing is that Florida IS NOT going to beat Alabama. I repeat, FLORIDA WILL NOT BEAT ALABAMA! Do you realize how much bulletin board material Bama has? They have been overlooked all year. They are a snake lying in the weeds. The talking heads are penciling in Florida for the Title game and Bama is gonna rock their world....Bama couldn't have any more motivation. You know how we play when we have a chip on our shoulder? That is gonna be Bama in the SEC Championship...I feel sorry for the Gators.

vCash

Man, this same crap has happened for years now. Herbstreit did it last year right after we had finished dismantling everyone's favorite #1 team in Missouri. The coaches hadn't even shook hands before Kirk was like, "what a great display ... but i have to give the nod to LSU!" Musberger didn't say anything, since I think he was still mourning the collapse of his favorite quarterback, Chase Daniel.

Hell, even earlier tonight, during the UConn/USF game, they cut to highlights of the OU/Texas game, and each announcer probably mentioned the score a half dozen times, constantly reiterating the "head-to-head" element.

They'd better start showing some highlights of the first half of the Tech game, where Texas got de-pants'd.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boomersooner28 View Post
    The funny thing is that Florida IS NOT going to beat Alabama. I repeat, FLORIDA WILL NOT BEAT ALABAMA! Do you realize how much bulletin board material Bama has? They have been overlooked all year. They are a snake lying in the weeds. The talking heads are penciling in Florida for the Title game and Bama is gonna rock their world....Bama couldn't have any more motivation. You know how we play when we have a chip on our shoulder? That is gonna be Bama in the SEC Championship...I feel sorry for the Gators.
    I've been thinking that myself. Doesn't change the fact I'd love an OU-Fla National Championship. That would be an amazing game methinks.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Blues1's Avatar
    vCash

I didn't have to Re-Watch The Game to hear what I heard the First time - For Whatever reason Herby Loves Colt McCoy -- If he does it again This week in Stillwater We Need to flood The Emails to ABC telling them We Want Equal time with Putting Lou Holltz or somebody else PRO OU on the Phone ----
    Last edited by Blues1; 11/24/2008 at 04:16 AM.

Sooner Starter
    Football's godforsaken wasteland -- ACC country!
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by noobalicious View Post
    I've been thinking that myself. Doesn't change the fact I'd love an OU-Fla National Championship. That would be an amazing game methinks.
    No, I'm not buying what the media giants are selling. They want two big market teams, period. Except for an occasional alumnus of a particular school, the networks really only want a BCS Champion from two big TV markets. They want Texas and Florida because those are the biggest markets still in the chase, unless they can some how desperately pull in USC.

I want an Oklahoma-Alabama championship game. These are the old-school royalty of college football. They may be the two most similar programs in America. And wasn't that home-and-home series a few years back fun?

Saban is a tool, but otherwise I am all about 'Bama being a truly worthy adversary, just like when Nebraska used to be good.

I just think both sets of fans deserve a game like this.

And I think our fans deserve to get the win!
    OU is about winning championships!!! osu is about whining about OU winning those championships!!! -- SoonerKnight, 10/31/2007

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Crucifax Autumn's Avatar
    vCash

I lost it the first time I ever heard him talk.

When the Shooting Starts, We Kill What Moves
    Roland Deschain of Gilead
    ________

- Olevet Posse Gunslinger -

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Blues1's Avatar
    vCash

So What Happens IF Auburn saves their season and beats Bama - Florida State does the same and Beats Florida - and Then Florida beats Bama (Both would have 2 Loss's) - Is it OU Vs Texas in National Champ Game...?? OR ---??

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU_Sooners75's Avatar
    vCash

Florida will lose to Florida State!

(I hope) I am so freaking tired of how ESPN and the rest of the "media" gets all over the cocks of Florida when they seem to be good.

Screw the SEC...and Screw ESPN!

Quote Originally Posted by bornnbredou View Post

and before you tear into me remember, BOOMER SOONER!

Skip Bayless, is that you?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU_Sooners75's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Blues1 View Post
    So What Happens IF Auburn saves their season and beats Bama - Florida State does the same and Beats Florida - and Then Florida beats Bama (Both would have 2 Loss's) - Is it OU Vs Texas in National Champ Game...?? OR ---??
    All things point to yes.

Even though I think the Media would then turn to USC and start sucking!

Quote Originally Posted by bornnbredou View Post

and before you tear into me remember, BOOMER SOONER!

Skip Bayless, is that you?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BetterSoonerThanLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by King Crimson View Post
    yeah he sucks alright......sucks gator C***
    this is bull****

vCash

I heard that. Upset me too.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boomersooner28 View Post
    and I didn't get to hear a lot that was said due to the fact that my house was going crazy most of the time. But, their was a comment in the 3rd quarter by Herbstreit that really pisses me off. We are up by 38 on the #2 team in America and instead of giving us props he decides to rattle off the fact that "we need to keep mentioning the fact that Texas beat Oklahoma head to head". Well you know what Herbie? While you are busy sucking the Florida tubesteak why don't you not forget to bring up the fact that FLORIDA LOST TO AN UNRANKED MISSISSIPPI TEAM AT HOME!!! Mention that one Herbie!

It was because by that time Mack Brown had aggravated tendinitis from texting Hurt Gerbilsfeet and every other media guy covering the game in Norman that night reminding them of it.

Bottom line is this: Texas fans = crybabies