Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Re: 2008-2009 THUNDER GAMES THREAD

well, that was a great first game for me. i sat on row A (floor) in section 105, so i was able to get a good look at the players' reactions throughout the game.

what i saw is a team that really cares. they played with alot of intensity and defended harder than the jazz for much of the game.

krstic is about as fundamental a shooter as i've seen for a big man. he still doesn't know all the plays yet, as some of the players were directing him where to go alot of times (it was comical). but you can tell he is going to stretch the defense out and allow us to get rebounds. (thunder 48 utah 26 rebounds).

this group is playing so well that wilcox and swift can't get in the rotation. that won't always be the case so it is nice that they can come in and help when needed.

sure the jazz were missing a few players, but we tore apart a pretty salty team.

oh yeah, matt harpring is a pest. that dude is the hardest worker on the floor, everytime.
    Last edited by birddog; 1/15/2009 at 11:40 AM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

i love it. still get that "pinch me and wake me up" feeling. i can't believe we have a team. things are looking better and better with each game.

vCash

Dont look now but the Thunder are on a 2 game winning streak!
    He's coming for you

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

89-79, Thunder beat Pistons !!!

vCash

it's incredible to watch a team click like they are. they haven't won many but they've lost a few buzzer beaters and an overtime game, and have been competitive in alot of other games. it's nice to see them get a few w's. now they might start to relax a little and enjoy being here playing for the best fans in the league.

but thunder, don't get too carried away and win too many. just play well enough to win AND get the first pick of the draft to go along with your other first round picks.

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Meh. The last place team only has a 1 in 4 chance of getting the first pick, anyway. It works differently than the NFL draft, just so that teams won't tank their seasons to get the first choice. Besides, they are going to have unreal money under the cap (among the best in the league) in a far-better-than-average offseason for unrestricted free agents.

I'd like to see them keep developing chemistry the rest of the season and end it with tons of confidence. Do that, make some good moves, and they could even *gulp* threaten breaking into the playoffs next season. Certainly by the one after that. This team has TONS of upside, and I don't think I'm saying that as a homer.

I say win as much as you can, baby.
    Well, crap.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

plus we have two lottery picks this year so we could maybe package both of them for the top spot and blake if we don't win it from the lottery

vCash

Completely ridiculous game tonight. Thunder win at Golden State 122 to 121 on a Jeff Green long 2 with 1.6 seconds left. Nice to see us pick up a win in a close one.
    Last edited by vessey632; 1/22/2009 at 01:28 AM. Reason: forgot to put it was at GS
    Not enough witchiness.

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Don Nelson made a ****ty comment regarding Jeff Green's shot. Something along the lines of "no way did he call a bank shot on that. That shot went in because he missed it so badly." What a bunch of petty crap. Just give it up to the other team that came into your house, ran with you and beat you. Yeah, it easily could have gone the other way, too. But if you can't keep the team with the worst record in the league from being in position to win with a last second shot, in your own building, you need to keep your yapper shut.
    Well, crap.

vCash

It was a great win for the Thunder...they deserved to win one on a last second shot !!!

vCash

another win for the Thunder over NJ Nets by 9. i heard it was an empty arena because of the ice. any of you make it out there?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Dio's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    another win for the Thunder over NJ Nets by 9. i heard it was an empty arena because of the ice. any of you make it out there?
    Yeah, I upgraded myself from Loud City to the 4th row behind the bench.
    "ESPN and Texas are now one and the same." -Stewart Mandel

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

I was there. Haven't missed a game yet. It was a great game for 3 quarters, and a nailbiter for one. Funny, but things must be headed in the right direction, team-wise, when we get upset over the team blowing 20 points of a 30 point lead and only winning by around 10.
    Well, crap.

vCash

Looking for a big win tomorrow night...

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I can't stop watching the games. I've been following the team like I follow the Sooners in the fall. I've been to a few games and would really like to see the energy in the ford center move out broadly to the entire region. This really is Oklahoma's chance to make a huge name for itself and the economic benefits have already started to show with new business moving to the region. Our bio medical industry here has grown steadily and when businesses are thinking about relocating OKC is now on the short list. That brings in new jobs and growth more people and a more rock solid economy.

http://www.dcsooners.com/newsite/

"You've got vomit on yourself...."

Hays County Police Officer to D.J. Monroe

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sooner59's Avatar
    vCash

Great game in OT! Im not like BigRedJed in that I can't go to all of the games, but I try to "at least" watch all of the games. I completely support the Thunder. I love having an NBA team in town. Its always great to watch us win. I am beginning to get really excited about this team. I hope the future holds many wins for group. They play really hard.
    "Winning isn't everything, its the ONLY thing." - Vince Lombardi

Olevet Posse Member and OVJ-aholic

vCash

I wish I could make it to all of the games. I do watch almost all of them on TV and have a couple T-shirts. I love how they are playing right now too, its amazing to watch them all come together.
    He's coming for you

vCash

THUNDER WIN! THUNDER WIN! HO-LY COW!!

Nice win tonight over Portland.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner98's Avatar
    vCash

I believe this is the winningest team the Thunder have beaten this year.

They had better be careful, with all of these wins they may miss out on the Blake Griffin sweepstakes.

vCash

That's the beauty of the lottery, man. They can go ahead and start building confidence for next season and still be horrible enough overall to get some ping-pong balls. And with Overlord Stern pulling them strings, I fully expect him to pull an "OKC" out of that numba.one envelope.
    "If you don't become an actor you'll never be a factor" - Lupe Fiasco