Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Re: 2008-2009 THUNDER GAMES THREAD

oh man, thunder blows a big lead to lose 99-98 to the shaq-less suns. atleast they look like an nba team after canning pj but man, it hurts to lose like that.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

They're getting used to the system, but it's working. Give them 2 weeks and they'll be competitive with anyone in the league.

http://www.dcsooners.com/newsite/

"You've got vomit on yourself...."

Hays County Police Officer to D.J. Monroe

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

They played well tonight, it was a fun game...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

yeah that was a really tough loss, but this team looks MUCH better with durant at the 3 and jeff green at the 4.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

Thunder being annihilated by Cleveland tonight...maybe worst performance of the year...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonervegas's Avatar
    vCash

Getting better but lose another buzzer beater tonight.

vCash

in other non-OU-OSU news, the thunder gets a road win in memphis 111-103. w00t!!!

vCash

the thunder blow a 21 point lead at home to the grizzlies then follow that with a loss at the mavs. they were leading much of the 4th quarter but they don't have a go-to-guy in the final two minutes of the game. mavs win by 4.

come on blake, win an nc then get your can 10 minutes up the road to the ford center.

We playin on the moon bitch, don't call me
    vCash

games like tonight have to happen. or, rather, they're a part of the learning process.

you always hear about a young team learning how to win. part of what that entails is figuring out how to get your scorers to all be comfortable in the offense at the same time. Notice tonight Durant had 22 but scored 0 in the fourth quarter, while Green lit it up in the first half and cooled in the second.

Compared to where we were when PJ was sleeping on the bench, this is a moral victory.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

The lack of scoring hurt. But what also hurt you guys was the lack of poise shown in the 4th and in the last two minutes. IIRC, the Thunder turned the ball over 5 times in the last frame, including two in the final two minutes.

Just keep digging and your guys will get there.
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

vCash

sheesh, ai drives and hits the game winning bucket with .03 left. but jeff green goes up for an alley-oop at the buzzer and can't get a handle on it.

thunder loses by 2 in detroit.

they are competitive in almost every game and have a chance to win alot, but they are still young and need someone who can finish in the middle.

i like this team. i like their resolve.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

I don't know who that team that played the Thunder was last night, but it certainly wasn't the Pistons.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Maybe the Thunder had something to do with that. That was maybe the first game where I saw flashes of true chemistry. Including in their few wins. Those guys have the talent to be competitive. A high lottery pick and a few good free agent signings over the summer and they might make a true turnaround next year.

Plus, everything I read is saying that the chemistry in Motown ain't all that hot right now, since the AI move. Don't get me wrong; he's still an all-star (proven by that last second dagger to the heart), and they're still a much better team than the Thunder, but I think they are going to take some time to gel.

The Thunder was successful in making Detroit play Oklahoma City's game. Coincidentally it's the same game AI wants to play. But I think the rest of the Pistons squad are going to take a while to catch up.

Don't sweat it Scott. If you go out an look at most of the Thunder's games since Brooks took over, even really good opponents have been "escaping" a "pesky" Thunder team. They just haven't figured out how to turn all of those close games into a few wins here and there.
    Well, crap.

vCash

good post BRJ. we are really bad right now, but we have a GREAT young core of durant green and westbrook that a lot of teams would love to build on. unfortunately right now, that is ALL we have and in the NBA you need more than 3 guys scoring the basketball. most good teams have 5-6 guys that can score with anyone on our team except maybe durant.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedJed View Post
    Maybe the Thunder had something to do with that. That was maybe the first game where I saw flashes of true chemistry. Including in their few wins. Those guys have the talent to be competitive. A high lottery pick and a few good free agent signings over the summer and they might make a true turnaround next year.

Plus, everything I read is saying that the chemistry in Motown ain't all that hot right now, since the AI move. Don't get me wrong; he's still an all-star (proven by that last second dagger to the heart), and they're still a much better team than the Thunder, but I think they are going to take some time to gel.

The Thunder was successful in making Detroit play Oklahoma City's game. Coincidentally it's the same game AI wants to play. But I think the rest of the Pistons squad are going to take a while to catch up.

Don't sweat it Scott. If you go out an look at most of the Thunder's games since Brooks took over, even really good opponents have been "escaping" a "pesky" Thunder team. They just haven't figured out how to turn all of those close games into a few wins here and there.
    hah, until I see otherwise I've been saying that Joe Dumars has given up on this season back in early November. He's looking at 2009 already.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    sheesh, ai drives and hits the game winning bucket with .03 left. but jeff green goes up for an alley-oop at the buzzer and can't get a handle on it.

thunder loses by 2 in detroit.

they are competitive in almost every game and have a chance to win alot, but they are still young and need someone who can finish in the middle.

i like this team. i like their resolve.
    But will you take them anywhere, anytime, to play anyone?
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Scott D View Post
    hah, until I see otherwise I've been saying that Joe Dumars has given up on this season back in early November. He's looking at 2009 already.
    I take back part of this, I missed the first half when Rip Hamilton went out with an injury. So I learned before last night's Pistons game against the Bucks that he was out because of it. That played a part against the Thunder to be sure. But Joe is still sacrificing this season for next.

But, not to take away from the Thunder too much, they gave an effort, and they just need more depth.

vCash

Charley Rosen's take on the Thunder:

Straight Shooting

Let's turn the standings upside-down, and reconnoiter the worst teams in the league. Which of them might ultimately be headed in the right direction? Which of them is headed nowhere?

Oklahoma City (3-26): Kevin Durant, Jeff Green, and Russell Westbrook are talented youngsters who are learning the NBA ropes together — although Westbrook is struggling to learn the point guard position. Chris "Mr. Jump Hook" Wilcox provides a potent if erratic scorer off the bench, and Nick Collison is the consummate hard-working role player. Everybody else on the team is roster-fill.

Attracting notable free agents to a team that's several years away from being respectable will require an extraordinary sales job plus scads of money. Which means that the help the Thunder need can only come from trades and the draft.

Still, OKC's Little Three constitute excellent building blocks.

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Good find. One point: they will have the aforementioned "scads of money." They are extremely well situated under the salary cap, so they can throw ridicoulous money at the right personnel in the off-season. I'm not naive enough to think they are in the LeBron sweepstakes or anything like that, but they can make some nice, maybe even surprising, player moves.

Hopefully some wiley vets will warm to the idea of playing with Durant and Westrbook. The Thunder has tremendous upside. Heck, ALL THEY HAVE is upside.
    Well, crap.

vCash

Thunder beat Golden State!

its a miracle on New Years Eve
    He's coming for you