vCash

So how much of a hassle is it to break a lease.

As my new job is in downtown Lincoln, and I live in West Omaha, I would like to relocate myself in the fairly near future. However my lease runs through August. So what kind of stuff will I have to do to get out of it? Will it help if I agree to lease an apartment in Lincoln from the same company? TIA.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member The Maestro's Avatar
    vCash

Re: So how much of a hassle is it to break a lease.

Let them know ASAP and they may work with you. If you have around 90 days before moving they might let you out of it IF they can find a new tenant.
    “It never changes. Football is a game of repetition, mental and physical. You may try to articulate it a little different, but it's the same thing: Get better players, make fewer mistakes, and drill the fundamentals into your players' heads. The rest of it is a joke. Teams aren't winning because of what they had for breakfast or what some coach said in the locker room.” - Barry Switzer

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 NYC Poke's Avatar
    vCash

It really depends on the landlord and the laws of the state you live in.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OUHOMER's Avatar
    vCash

my son got out of his lease more or less, he did you what you mentioned. He moved into one of their sister companys apartments.
    Posse Member hoping for middle manager, Yep , I dont know ****

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by C&CDean
    I'm a tolerant mother****er.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The Maestro View Post
    Let them know ASAP and they may work with you. If you have around 90 days before moving they might let you out of it IF they can find a new tenant.
    Not sure about Nebraska, but up here if you find someone acceptable to finish the lease the landlord HAS to let you out.