Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Big Red Ron's Avatar
    vCash

My bold prediction for the Presidential election

Since a majority of undecided voters are breaking toward McCain, I see the most likely scenario to be; Obama wins the popular vote and losses a close electoral college vote.

This will be closer than Bush v. Gore in 2000 (BTW - the last time we won a national championship in football was the last time the Republican lost the popular vote but won the electoral college).

McCain gets 271 electoral votes with surprise wins in CO and MN, also winning toss up states FL, MT, ND, OH, IN and NC.

If that scenario plays out McCain gets 271 and wins the closest election in history.

This is not wishful thinking either. This is a very likely scenario.

If I'm wrong, I'll be more than happy to eat my crow.

Obama has outspent McCain 4-1, which is HUGE when we're talking about hundreds of millions of dollars.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,
    a thousand victories. - Sun Tzu (500 B.C.)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sooner n houston's Avatar
    vCash

Re: My bold prediction for the Presidential election

You may be correct. I have had two co-workers today tell me they voted last week. Both are Dem's. Both said they went in with every intention of voting of the "O", but once inside they could not do it. How many million times will this be played out tomorrow?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 85Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Ron View Post
    Since a majority of undecided voters are breaking toward McCain, I see the most likely scenario to be; Obama wins the popular vote and losses a close electoral college vote.

This will be closer than Bush v. Gore in 2000 (BTW - the last time we won a national championship in football was the last time the Republican lost the popular vote but won the electoral college).

McCain gets 271 electoral votes with surprise wins in CO and MN, also winning toss up states FL, MT, ND, OH, IN and NC.

If that scenario plays out McCain gets 271 and wins the closest election in history.

This is not wishful thinking either. This is a very likely scenario.

If I'm wrong, I'll be more than happy to eat my crow.

Obama has outspent McCain 4-1, which is HUGE when we're talking about hundreds of millions of dollars (that cannot be accounted for when it comes to identifying the donors) .

Fixed and if that happens everyone better be armed.
    OBAMA= One Big A** Mistake America!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Since a majority of undecided voters are breaking toward McCain,
    I stopped reading here.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooner n houston View Post
    You may be correct. I have had two co-workers today tell me they voted last week. Both are Dem's. Both said they went in with every intention of voting of the "O", but once inside they could not do it. How many million times will this be played out tomorrow?
    More than can be quantified by pollsters.

I spoke with McCain's pollster on Friday, he had a sincere air of confidence which surprised me.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I predict the Playmate of the Year will deliver me a trunk full of a cash in a Corvette.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by My Opinion Matters View Post
    I predict the Playmate of the Year will deliver me a trunk full of a cash in a Corvette.
    So, you work for Hef or what? Sounds more like a dream than a prediction on your part.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Drown Their Kittens Re: My bold prediction for the Presidential election

Obama wins big. Has the country in the crapper in 2 years. the media finally questions him.

film at eleven.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

So, you work for Hef or what? Sounds more like a dream than a prediction on your part.
    What? I thought this was the FantasyLand prediction thread.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonervegas's Avatar
    vCash

Worst case scenario.

I don't want a tight loss by Dems. This country will be at each other's throats.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

I for one am shocked, shocked I say, at your prediction. I would have never expected it.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

You're right!

That IS a bold prediction.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Bold is one word for calling MN for McCain. He is down by at least 8 in every poll I've seen but one and the state hasn't voted for a Republican since '72.
    Boomer Sooner

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Hey Ron, I know you're like way smarter than the rest of us in terms of all this stuff, but Bush had like a one or two point lead at this point in 2004 and he went on to win by 3 points. I see Obama's average lead at about 6 or 7 points today. So can you explain why you think this massive shift will take place?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by My Opinion Matters View Post
    What? I thought this was the FantasyLand prediction thread.
    Why don't you go try and thread jack someone else's thread. This is a serious discussion. Now, let the grown ups chat and go back to the kiddie table.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Yeah man, I see MN as a stretch for sure. It could still happen (your scenario) but i can't see it happening with MN.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
    Hey Ron, I know you're like way smarter than the rest of us in terms of all this stuff, but Bush had like a one or two point lead at this point in 2004 and he went on to win by 3 points. I see Obama's average lead at about 6 or 7 points today. So can you explain why you think this massive shift will take place?
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
    I've never said I'm smarter than anyone (although there are clearly stupid people here). I am a pollster/market researcher and do quite a bit of political work every other year. That said, Rasmussen has it much closer than 5 or 6.

Also, remember all these national polls have around a 4% margin of error; meaning there could be up to an 8% swing based on the MOE.

It's really not a massive swing at all when you consider the MOE and look at the electoral college.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerscuba View Post
    Bold is one word for calling MN for McCain. He is down by at least 8 in every poll I've seen but one and the state hasn't voted for a Republican since '72.
    True but this is a very different election. I would also not be suprised if PA went for McCain.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

--> Don't worry too much about that SurveyUSA result in Minnesota, which shows Obama just 3 points ahead. SurveyUSA's polling in Minnesota has been very, very weird all year; they've never shown Obama with larger than a 6 point lead in their likely voter model, and had McCain ahead in the state as recently as October 1st. SurveyUSA does not have a Republican lean in general, but in Minnesota, it has consistently had a huge one.
    http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/...ition-113.html

Also according to that site, every poll for the past 2 weeks has Obama well ahead in PA, most outside of the MOE.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders