18. Michigan State 8-2 456
    19. North Carolina 6-2 418
    20. West Virginia 6-2 303
    21. California 6-2 288
    22. Georgia Tech 7-2 286
    23. Maryland 6-2 242
    24. Florida State 6-2 128
    25. Pittsburgh 6-2 96

This poll is BS. Florida shouldn't be ranked higher than us, UTerus OR lOSUr. All three of us have better losses than them. Sure, they thumped Georgia. But Georgia is the the most over hyped, overrated, heaping pile of sh!t of a football team this year. Florida lost AT HOME to an UNRANKED team! Total BS. I'm really glad the AP poll has nothing to do with BCS calculations anymore.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SbOrOiNaEnR's Avatar
    vCash

Arrow New AP Poll Out

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankin...easonYear=2008

AP Top 25
    1. Alabama (46) 9-0 1,600
    2. Texas Tech (12) 9-0 1,528
    3. Penn State (6) 9-0 1,525
    4. Florida (1) 7-1 1,398
    5. Texas 8-1 1,353
    6. Oklahoma 8-1 1,324
    7. USC 7-1 1,250
    8. Oklahoma State 8-1 1,198
    9. Boise State 8-0 1,030
    10. Utah 9-0 1,028
    11. TCU 9-1 958
    12. Ohio State 7-2 898
    13. Missouri 7-2 830
    14. Georgia 7-2 808
    15. LSU 6-2 746
    16. Ball State 8-0 594
    17. Brigham Young 8-1 536
    18. Michigan State 8-2 456
    19. North Carolina 6-2 418
    20. West Virginia 6-2 303
    21. California 6-2 288
    22. Georgia Tech 7-2 286
    23. Maryland 6-2 242
    24. Florida State 6-2 128
    25. Pittsburgh 6-2 96

Others Receiving Votes
    Northwestern 88, Tulsa 72, Kansas 60, Minnesota 23, Cincinnati 16, Oregon State 16, South Carolina 10, Louisville 8, Air Force 6, Arizona 3, CENTRL MICHIGAN 1, South Florida 1.

Dropped From Rankings
    Tulsa 19, Minnesota 20, Oregon 23, South Florida 24.
    "It was once said—only half facetiously—that the three greatest organizations the world has ever known were the Imperial German Army, the Roman Catholic Church and the Standard Oil Company. Inasmuch as the Imperial German Army was demobilized in 1918, it is doubtless high time that a new candidate be proposed to fill out the triumvirate, and one strong contender—most sport fans would agree—is the University of Oklahoma football team." ~ Tex Maule, Sports Illustrated, November 18, 1957

Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: New AP Poll

Florida loses to Ole Miss and we lose to Texas.

This is ****ing pathetic.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Re: New AP Poll Out

Good thing the AP doesnt matter...if we win out we are sitting pretty cus Bama will lose a game. Florida scares me but we just need to win out...Tech beating osu would help a ton cus then we will have a win against a higher ranked team than ourselves
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by CK Sooner View Post

Don't worry...I cannot emphasize enough how much this poll DOES NOT MATTER!!!!

We're #4 in the poll that counts for 1/3 of the BCS.
    "It was once said—only half facetiously—that the three greatest organizations the world has ever known were the Imperial German Army, the Roman Catholic Church and the Standard Oil Company. Inasmuch as the Imperial German Army was demobilized in 1918, it is doubtless high time that a new candidate be proposed to fill out the triumvirate, and one strong contender—most sport fans would agree—is the University of Oklahoma football team." ~ Tex Maule, Sports Illustrated, November 18, 1957

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OUHOMER's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by CK Sooner View Post

LOL, you think your pissed, them texan's are really pissed
    Posse Member hoping for middle manager, Yep , I dont know ****

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by C&CDean
    I'm a tolerant mother****er.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU-HSV's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Collier11 View Post
    Good thing the AP doesnt matter...if we win out we are sitting pretty cus Bama will lose a game. Florida scares me but we just need to win out...Tech beating osu would help a ton cus then we will have a win against a higher ranked team than ourselves
    Exactly. Well said.
    The BCS will most likely reward us for quality wins more than the AP, that's becoming very obvious.

We take care of business, tech beats stoolwater ag, we will be sitting okay

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OUHOMER's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SbOrOiNaEnR View Post
    Don't worry...I cannot emphasize enough how much this poll DOES NOT MATTER!!!!

EXACTLY
    Posse Member hoping for middle manager, Yep , I dont know ****

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by C&CDean
    I'm a tolerant mother****er.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUHOMER View Post
    LOL, you think your pissed, them texan's are really pissed
    You got that straight. They may get some redemption once the BCS rankings come out but it is all howls and gnashing of teeth at the moment over on hornfans . . .

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Also, keep in mind that we still have to play Tech and OSU. 2 wins there will be HUGE for us!!! Florida plays no one until the SEC Championship...we'll be fine, but we need Tech to beat OSU next week. If we win the Big 12, we're in the title game...mark it down.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SbOrOiNaEnR View Post
    Guys, really?

We're not USC. We're not going to claim championships in 2003, 2004, and 2005, just 'cause we didn't get to play for all of them. Or 'Bama, who, since they were ranked number #1 at some point this year, will add this to their list of national championship seasons, which now, somehow, is longer than the list of seasons played.

the_ouskull
    Skull=the most underrated poster in SoonerFans.com history. -- gdc, 09/05

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

My staff is getting tired of me making them read your posts. -- birddog, 10/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

vCash

this poll sucks.

vCash

The Big X has gotten blown out of the last couple of BCS title games, yet the leader can go thru a weak conference with no title game and get to play in the BCS title game. Penn State plays a bunch of pansy and goes to the BCS
    championship game? Come on, Penn State would finish 5th in the Big XII South.
    TEXAS IS GOD'S COUNTRY---IF YOU'RE AN ATHEIST

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JLEW1818's Avatar
    vCash

tech has to win out, except to us. We have to go to the big 12 ship, it would help so much

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by the_ouskull View Post
    Guys, really?

We're not USC. We're not going to claim championships in 2003, 2004, and 2005, just 'cause we didn't get to play for all of them. Or 'Bama, who, since they were ranked number #1 at some point this year, will add this to their list of national championship seasons, which now, somehow, is longer than the list of seasons played.

the_ouskull
    You misunderstood. All I meant was that there's no need to get worked up about the AP poll, since it means diddley-poo. The Coaches Poll actually means something in terms of the BCS, which is what really counts when it's all said and done.

vCash

*sigh*

Somehow I knew those *******s would waste no time dropping Tulsa out of the poll for losing on the road. I give up.
    "If you don't become an actor you'll never be a factor" - Lupe Fiasco

vCash

I'm surprised they didn't just put Georgia ahead of us since they played Florida and lived.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

A trip to yesteryear:

Quote Originally Posted by AP letter to BCS
    Re: BCS Unlawful Use of the AP Poll

Dear Mr. Weiberg:

The Associated Press ("AP") has become aware of your unauthorized and unlawful use of AP's college football poll results (the "AP Poll") in preparing the Bowl Championship Series ("BCS") rankings of college football teams. Due to the process by which the BCS rankings are determined, your forced association of the AP Poll with BCS has harmed AP's reputation and has interfered with AP's agreements with the AP Poll voters some of whom have indicated that they may no longer participate in the AP Poll due to BCS's use of the AP Poll. Similarly, BCS's incorporation of the AP Poll into its rankings violates AP's copyright in the AP Poll, and misappropriates the effort that AP expended in producing the AP Poll.

As you are no doubt aware, AP and BCS have had several discussions in which BCS has requested that AP assist it in preparing its rankings. AP has denied BCS's requests each time.

BCS's continued use of the AP Poll interferes with AP's ability to produce the AP Poll and undermines the integrity and validity of the AP Poll. BCS has damaged and continues to damage AP's reputation for honesty and integrity in its news accounts through the forced association of the AP Poll with the BCS rankings. By stating that the AP Poll is one of the three components used by BCS to establish its rankings, BCS conveys the impression that AP condones or otherwise participates in the BCS system. Furthermore, to the extent that the public does not fully understand the relationship between BCS and AP, any animosity toward BCS may get transferred to AP. And to the extent that the public has equated or comes to equate the AP Poll with the BCS rankings, the independent reputation of the AP Poll is lost. BCS's actions violate AP's rights under the Lanham Act and state trademark and other laws. Additionally, as briefly noted above, several AP Poll voters, or the news organizations for which they work, have indicated an intention to not participate in the AP Poll for so long as BCS uses the AP Poll in producing the BCS rankings. BCS's continued use of the AP Poll directly threatens the existence of the AP Poll.

BCS's systematic harvesting of the facts gathered at great effort and expense by AP allows BCS to easily produce its rankings without expending such effort. BCS free-rides both on AP's investment in gathering the information contained in the AP Poll, and on the relationships that allow AP to conduct the AP Poll. In addition, the AP Poll is protected under the Copyright Act of 1976, 17 U.S.C. 101, et seq. BCS's unauthorized incorporation of the AP Poll into the BCS rankings directly infringes AP's copyrights and is not exempted from infringement by any provision of copyright law.

AP hereby demands that BCS immediately cease and desist from all current and future use of the AP Poll in producing the BCS rankings and that BCS confirm to AP that it has done so by December 31, 2004. AP reserves all rights with regard to BCS's actions.

We look forward to your response. Please direct all future correspondence on this matter to me or to AP's legal department.

Sincerely,

George Galt

vCash

The AP Poll is slowly slipping further and further into mediocrity.

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

Which AP Poll thread should I visit?

This should be a pole.

Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene