Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OU vs. NU

vCash

OU vs. NU

Just a question to see how you all feel? Should the OU vs. NU be played every year or are you happy with the current setup we have in the BIG 12? I would like to play your team every year.

What are your thoughts.

1st team All-American Crimson_Balls's Avatar
    vCash

Re: OU vs. NU

gay

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Callahan killed it for me....dissed the OU fandom and drug the program into a gutter. NU is just another team in the Big 12 north.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy View Post
    Callahan killed it for me....dissed the OU fandom and drug the program into a gutter. NU is just another team in the Big 12 north.
    Callahan was an idiot from day 1, most if not all Husker fans will say that and his remarks towords your team were no taken well here either.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

What was...was and will never be the same again. As swardboy said, it is just another game against a Big 12 North team now. Just like if OU-Texas was moved to a home and home series, it would be a "bigger" home game than most other Big 12 South games but it would never be the Red River Shootout. The qualities that make it "special" would just be lost in the change.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Yes, would like to see the series restarted.
    It's just entertainment!
    Lost in Mexifornia (Irvine, CA)

“We’re the dark matter. We’re the force that orders the universe but can’t be seen,” - JSOC Navy SEAL
    The US Navy might introduce the GAU-19 to the Iranian Navy speed boats, like a shot across the bow.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OKLA21FAN's Avatar
    vCash

play 11 conference games in the big 12 with one non conference game.......

thread ovar............

oh wait....nevar mind, not such a great idea

1st team All-American Crimson_Balls's Avatar
    vCash

The inception of the Big XII killed OU/Nebraska...

Quote Originally Posted by OKLA21FAN View Post
    play 11 conference games in the big 12 with one non conference game.......

thread ovar............

oh wait....nevar mind, not such a great idea
    Every time 2 big XII teams play each other one of them has to lose. Not a very good way to show a strong conference.

vCash

Sorry but the Big 8 screwed the pooch when we let in four Texas teams and let this series fall by the side, and chose to have a championship game to make matters worse.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

But weren't we just another Big 8 team/Big 12 team before Stoops arrived? Didn't Nebraska beat us by 60+ back then? We came back from the dead. Yeah, they made a bad decision on a head coach. But didn't we do the same? Remember Schnelly and Blake?

I would like to play this game every year. Nebraska has the tradition like we do. That doesn't go away because of Callahan. Of all the old Big 8 teams, I think Nebraska is the one we should play every year.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SbOrOiNaEnR's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by huskermark07 View Post
    Sorry but the Big 8 screwed the pooch when we let in four Texas teams and let this series fall by the side, and chose to have a championship game to make matters worse.
    Despite the fact that by letting in the more moneyed members of the SWC, the NCAA essentially unzipped its fly on the Big 8, I have a real hard time arguing against any sort of CCG. Especially when two years ago, having a CCG made OU-Nebraska relevant again, and having been there, I can say what a wonderful feeling that was. The best moment of the game for me was shortly before pregame, standing on the sidelines, and walking over to tell some Nebraska fans how much I loved their sign, which read "OU-Nebraska. The way it should be. God bless the Big 8." Nothing but respect for UNL.
    "It was once said—only half facetiously—that the three greatest organizations the world has ever known were the Imperial German Army, the Roman Catholic Church and the Standard Oil Company. Inasmuch as the Imperial German Army was demobilized in 1918, it is doubtless high time that a new candidate be proposed to fill out the triumvirate, and one strong contender—most sport fans would agree—is the University of Oklahoma football team." ~ Tex Maule, Sports Illustrated, November 18, 1957

vCash

Well I am looking foreword to the game this weekend, wish I could be there!!
    Next year when the game is in Lincoln I hope the Huskers are better and OU is at the top of thier game, I always enjoy buying drinks for a Sooner fan win or lose.

I think that Pelini is going to turn Nebraska around, and get them back on top of the north. I also think that he is not a pile of dooshfaggery with a headset like his predecessor. Those two things will help restore the rivalry, imo. I dont think that a single Sooner or Husker fan really like the two year rotation.
    Quote Originally Posted by OU4LIFE View Post

I'm almost positive i'm not gay, and I'm 100% not a poke fan.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

I grew up watching the great games of the 70's and 80's, but I don't lose any sleep over not playing them every year now days. Osborne and Callahan lost nearly all of the reverence for the rivalry that I used to have.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    I grew up watching the great games of the 70's and 80's, but I don't lose any sleep over not playing them every year now days. Osborne and Callahan lost nearly all of the reverence for the rivalry that I used to have.
    Come on how did Osborne lose it for you? I can see the idiot Callahan. We took a beating at times under TO and TO repaid those beatings, You all have the upper hand on that.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by huskermark07 View Post
    Come on how did Osborne lose it for you? I can see the idiot Callahan. We took a beating at times under TO and TO repaid those beatings, You all have the upper hand on that.

Really? Show me where Switzer rubbed Nebraska's nose in the dirt and ran up 69+ points on Osborne.

vCash

Will the moderators pin this for the week?
    Last edited by huskermark07; 10/27/2008 at 10:47 PM. Reason: sp

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tbl's Avatar
    vCash

I'm kind of surprised that so many of you guys don't want this rivalry back... It was always TX & Nebraska, but we actually had a pretty respectful rivalry with UNL. It was a nice break from the hatred with TX. I don't consider OSU a rivalry because I don't consider them...

Hopefully, we can renew the rivalry in the Big 12 Championship game each year, provided Nebraska can start getting back to that game, a prospect that appears to be getting progressively more likely as time goes by in the B12 North.