Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Latigo Beach ... nice point break ... long workable rides.
    vCash

Re: When do you start blaming Bob Stoops for

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    ...so if there's smoke coming out from under the hood of my car can I not tell my mechanic I think that's a problem...you know since he know's more about cars then I do?
    "OK ... l know. This is where you tell me all about how locals rule ... and yuppie insects like me shouldn't be surfing your break, right?"

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Letstake a poll here and see who has ever coached. Little League, Jr. Hi. and playing doesn't count.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    ...so if there's smoke coming out from under the hood of my car can I not tell my mechanic I think that's a problem...you know since he know's more about cars then I do?
    Pointing out a problem to a mechanic and diagnosing a problem in D1 football is the same thing.

Question Stoops all you want as long as you realize he's a lot smarter than you and he doesn't care what you think about his coaching methods. He has the success and pedigree to back it up, you have 4 hours every Saturday to become an expert.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ashley View Post
    Letstake a poll here and see who has ever coached. Little League, Jr. Hi. and playing doesn't count.
    We're not coaches, we're critics. This board is a place where we Critics can be positive or negtive about how our team is doing, just like the people who write reviews or do evaluations in the newpaper, (like sportswriters). Fans like doing this sort of thing, whether its at work or on this board - really there's nothing wrong with it. You can't take it too Seriously.

Some of us have been following the history (and going to games) of this program for 40 to 50 years - some for maybe 5 to 10 years. Most have a general understanding of what a good football team looks like. Right now the consenses seems to say that our favorite team, THE SOONERS, are good, but that the Defense and special teams performance is not so good - it's not what we're use to seeing from an OU team. Sure we've seen (and spent a lot of money watching) better teams - and yes we've experienced worse teams.

We're just complaining alittle bit about the product - Giving our two cents.

no big deal

vCash

Parts of our team are preventing us from being a GREAT team. I don't think it's being a bad fan to point out things that are obvious. Sooner fans are not the only ones asking questions. Fans from teams across the country have seen us play and are asking the same questions. Powerhouse teams are rare. These chances to win it all don't happen every year. I hate to think Sam may never get his chance to win a NC.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by snp View Post
    Pointing out a problem to a mechanic and diagnosing a problem in D1 football is the same thing.

Question Stoops all you want as long as you realize he's a lot smarter than you and he doesn't care what you think about his coaching methods. He has the success and pedigree to back it up, you have 4 hours every Saturday to become an expert.
    Coached football for 15 years. Nice try at being cute though.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Let's see. OU has lost one game... ranked highly and respected by most. A ton of very good players and a top notch program with a top notch staff. Yet I read these threads and the overall feeling is the DC sucks and must go.

Heed this warning... Be careful for what you wish for. Good DCs don't come around every day.

You guys are doing fine. Look around the conference. A ton of teams would love to have his expertise. There isn't a lights out defense in the conference including Texas. Maybe if OU and the rest of the conference hadn't put the so many of their best athletes on the O side of the ball, there wouldn't be so much dissent.
    If you don't like the effects?... Dont produce the cause!!!

2 posters in a row from Omaha. How about that. I can't believe some of the stuff I read here. You'd think you were Kansas State the way people are harping on BS and BV. Unreal. The only team you've shared the spotlight with since 2000 is USC. Oklahoma is consistently in the running for the MNC. You've got a great staff and superior athletes. So you lost a few bowl games in a row. You're nowhere near where we (Nebraska) were during the 80's. What did we lose? 8 in a row? I can only hope we can get back to where you've been recently. I'd like nothing more than settling the Big 12 against Oklahoma every year. Screw Texas.