Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: When do you start blaming Bob Stoops for

Quote Originally Posted by hink4769 View Post
    The worst part is people are still going to be bitching after we beat Tech and OSU

If that happens most people will not be bitching because they won't have anything to bitch about.. i will not count us out we could possibly win both of those games..

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JLEW1818's Avatar
    vCash

I think we can beat both of them, either by scoring a ton of points, or a miracle on defense.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boomermagic View Post
    If that happens most people will not be bitching because they won't have anything to bitch about.. i will not count us out we could possibly win both of those games..
    If Tech and OSU score over 35 points, mark my words, there will be complaining, whether we win or not.

If Tech and OSU score over 35 points, mark my words, there will be complaining, whether we win or not.
    And that complaint will be completely warranted. In case you haven't noticed over the last few years track meet teams don't fare to well over the long haul. A good defense is imperative to keep from getting bent over and looking like you haven't bothered holding practice since spring ball.

Quote Originally Posted by jlew1818 View Post
    I think we can beat both of them, either by scoring a ton of points, or a miracle on defense.
    I would like to hope for a miracle on defense but considering the current situation, that ain't gonna happen. If the defenses for Tech and OSU come out to play it could be embarrassing.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoonesFarmSooner View Post
    Unfortunately, with the BCS and the fight to get to the #2 spot, winning isn't the only thing we need to be concerned about. If Penn State, Bama, and OU all end the season with one loss, the voters are going to look at each team in detail.

When we are giving up 600 yards of offense to teams that aren't all that good, that will raise some issues on whether we deserve a spot in the National Championship game.
    Yes, because beating a highly ranked Tech team and OSU team will not be enough in voter's minds about the strength of Oklahoma's team.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member The Maestro's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Yes, because beating a highly ranked Tech team and OSU team will not be enough in voter's minds about the strength of Oklahoma's team.

What if Florida beats Alabama in the SEC title game and also has one loss?
    “It never changes. Football is a game of repetition, mental and physical. You may try to articulate it a little different, but it's the same thing: Get better players, make fewer mistakes, and drill the fundamentals into your players' heads. The rest of it is a joke. Teams aren't winning because of what they had for breakfast or what some coach said in the locker room.” - Barry Switzer

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by DangTire View Post
    And that complaint will be completely warranted. In case you haven't noticed over the last few years track meet teams don't fare to well over the long haul. A good defense is imperative to keep from getting bent over and looking like you haven't bothered holding practice since spring ball.
    If we beat Tech and OSU (assuming we take care of business against crappy Nebraska, and ultra-ultra-ultra crappy aTm), that means we'll be 11-1, which would be a better regular season record than the last two years which weren't too shabby either. If thats not faring well over the long haul, I don't know what is. With that kind of three year record, no complaints against the head coach will be warranted.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 MyT Oklahoma's Avatar
    vCash

As long as this is a free country.. opinions and complaints will always be in order. I love Stoops but I don't resent the criticism of our defense. No one walks on water including Bob.
    OU 20 UT 36 "It is what it is." Mack Brown 10/12/13

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by DangTire View Post
    I would like to hope for a miracle on defense but considering the current situation, that ain't gonna happen. If the defenses for Tech and OSU come out to play it could be embarrassing.
    That must have been a miracle last week then.

k-state's QB is a Pro prospect.

The guy is 6'6" and 250 lbs. He's broke records at ksu. He had a good day against us. He didn't have the day Colt McCoy had against us as texas is a better team than k-state.

The loss in the RRSO wasn't easy to take...

This year's Sooner Squad is tOUgher than some of you give them credit IMO.

If I have to say this 1000 times more...I will.

The Big XII is loaded with good QBs this year. We lost our MLB / Leader on this years Defense. We hopefully will recover. The 2nd half of last weeks game gives me hope that we will get better. ksu was held to 7 points in that half.

The next two games are against opponents we should handle better than k-state.

I'm looking forward to watching the Defense improve because we have two tough games ahead of us after the TAMU game in College Station.

Buck up Camper...maybe yOU'll get your miracle.

vCash

If we beat Tech and OSU (assuming we take care of business against crappy Nebraska, and ultra-ultra-ultra crappy aTm), that means we'll be 11-1, which would be a better regular season record than the last two years which weren't too shabby either. If thats not faring well over the long haul, I don't know what is. With that kind of three year record, no complaints against the head coach will be warranted.

No matter how many points our defense gives up this season I won't complain about an 11-1 record and no one else should either.. I'm not saying we should just ignore the fact that our defense is giving up a bunch of points.. There is nothing wrong with discussing it on the board IMO but this FIRE BV etc. is uncalled for at this point.. The offenses we are playing have a lot to do with it IMO.. Do we need to improve ? Sure we do and I hope we hurry..

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

wow...i've been reading and watching you guys comment on the state of OUR program and i share a lot of the same issues. (if you didn't notice from the tag, this is damian mackey...2000 NC and the glue to the receiver core before injury) it really hurts my feelings (and ima man...im 28...lol) to see the crimson and cream go on the field and get embarrassed week in and week out from a physical stand point. i hate to say it, but watch our games, then watch OSU, UT, even Tech or a UK, and you'll see guys flying around on defense trying to HIT someone...we "grapple" and ankle bite the opposition and hope they wanna quit becuase we can score. and from 1st hand experience, i can tell you that the other team can feel that, and everyone knows college football is all about momentum, and everytime they hit us and we fall a little backwards, they wanna hit us a little harder...and that's the way the KSU's and colorados and Tech's and yep...UT's can beat us now. OU USED to hit you in the mouth harder than you could hit them and by the 3rd quarter the other team would quit...i don't see that anymore. i see linemen tryn to be "sexy" instead of nasty. i see receivers who won't block down field (that's how you get the LONG running plays). i see coaches go out and recruit the best talent in the country and get too scared to line up on defense and say...'my players are better than yours, so we're gonna bump ur receivers and blitz your qb and allow our safeties to ball hawk the field...instead we employ a vanilla (ancient) zone blitz scheme that the "spread" was designed to destroy...DUH...

just my thoughts..

boomer
    'not sooner born...but i'll damn sure be sooner dead!!!'

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dmack13 View Post
    wow...i've been reading and watching you guys comment on the state of OUR program and i share a lot of the same issues. (if you didn't notice from the tag, this is damian mackey...2000 NC and the glue to the receiver core before injury) it really hurts my feelings (and ima man...im 28...lol) to see the crimson and cream go on the field and get embarrassed week in and week out from a physical stand point. i hate to say it, but watch our games, then watch OSU, UT, even Tech or a UK, and you'll see guys flying around on defense trying to HIT someone...we "grapple" and ankle bite the opposition and hope they wanna quit becuase we can score. and from 1st hand experience, i can tell you that the other team can feel that, and everyone knows college football is all about momentum, and everytime they hit us and we fall a little backwards, they wanna hit us a little harder...and that's the way the KSU's and colorados and Tech's and yep...UT's can beat us now. OU USED to hit you in the mouth harder than you could hit them and by the 3rd quarter the other team would quit...i don't see that anymore. i see linemen tryn to be "sexy" instead of nasty. i see receivers who won't block down field (that's how you get the LONG running plays). i see coaches go out and recruit the best talent in the country and get too scared to line up on defense and say...'my players are better than yours, so we're gonna bump ur receivers and blitz your qb and allow our safeties to ball hawk the field...instead we employ a vanilla (ancient) zone blitz scheme that the "spread" was designed to destroy...DUH...

just my thoughts..

boomer
    Well, good to know my thoughts line up with those who have lined up and PLAYED FOR the Sooners!

Good to have you on board, DMack! Now someone try to call him a noob!
    “It never changes. Football is a game of repetition, mental and physical. You may try to articulate it a little different, but it's the same thing: Get better players, make fewer mistakes, and drill the fundamentals into your players' heads. The rest of it is a joke. Teams aren't winning because of what they had for breakfast or what some coach said in the locker room.” - Barry Switzer

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The Maestro View Post
    What if Florida beats Alabama in the SEC title game and also has one loss?
    Looking at "what if" scenarios before they happen gives me a headache, especially this far in advance. It's still October and all of that won't happen until December.

Wait until November is at least halfway over, see if those scenarios are still a possibility, then get back to me. Until then, where's my asprin bottle

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Looking at "what if" scenarios before they happen gives me a headache, especially this far in advance. It's still October and all of that won't happen until December.

Wait until November is at least halfway over, see if those scenarios are still a possibility, then get back to me. Until then, where's my asprin bottle
    Understood. Just hate on a weekend we could steamroll an opponent and Florida actually DID that.

vCash

Understood. Just hate on a weekend we could steamroll an opponent and Florida actually DID that.
    Hmm, well, if that does happen, whereas we "steamroll an opponent" and Florida "actually DID that," I assume you are referring to the SEC Championship still...

Wait... on the same weekend? Are you suggesting we go to the Big 12 Championship then if you're saying we steamroll an opponent on the same weekend that Florida "actually did that," aka beats Bammer?

Weeeeeelllllllllll (ow, head starting to hurt again), if we win the Big 12, that means that either (a) Tech, Texas and OU were one-loss wonders to each other with OU winning the tiebreaker via BCS standings, or (b) Texas sunk into oblivion and OU won enough games to keep it at the top of the Big 12 South.

Assuming scenario (a), Texas and Tech will still be ranked exceedingly high for only one loss to another top team, so we can assume that by OU's presence in the Big 12 game, OU is ranked even higher than two highly ranked teams (ow, head starting to severely throb in pain). Thus, a Big 12 Championship where we "steamroll an opponent," we will probably go BCS Championship bowling.

(I am not kidding, the first part of this post resulted in a tad bit of a migrane and I am taking Motrin right now)

Assuming scenario (b), we either won out or just sucked less than the other Big 12 South teams. I don't like this scenario as much, because it suggests that our schedule suddenly got a lot weaker and we were just not as weak as our wussy weakling opponents (headache once again). Under this scenario, a BCS Championship is a lot less likely.

As shown above, "what if" scenarios are big kick to the noggin and if at all possible, should be avoided as long as possible --- and since we remind you that final BCS standings do not arrive until MORE THAN A MONTH FROM NOW, let's save ourselves a headache and let the Pokies get the migranes.

vCash

Ha! Great write up, but I meant Florida LAST weekend crushed a team like Kansas State...Kentucky...and won some style points. Meanwhile, we didn't.

vCash

When do you start blaming Bob Stoops for

Ha! Great write up, but I meant Florida LAST weekend crushed a team like Kansas State...Kentucky...and won some style points. Meanwhile, we didn't.
    You mean my headache was in vain?!

This is what I get for taking my office anger out of the keyboard, one big headache filled rant. I'm going to put on my headphones now and hold my tongue (fingers?) from such outbursts in the future, for all of our sakes.

... oh, and Pepsi Max, people. You ever want to increase your typing speed from 70 wpm to 90 or so (that's about how fast I was typing that last post),t that's your trick right there.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I guess it is a perception thing. I consider having a game won by half-time as "crushing" a team. I agree the sloppy 7-3 second half was not very satisfying, but the outcome had been decided. I hope we can focus for 60 minutes in the next 2 games to get us prepared for the last 2.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dmack13 View Post

just my thoughts..

boomer
    Hello Damian,,

You sure gave us a lot of OU football thrills first of all Thank you for that..

You are certainly more qualified than I am to judge what may or may not be wrong with the defense.. I bow to your experience and expertise sir.. It is obvious that something is wrong.. Most if not all of us can and do agree on that..