Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash

Re: When do you start blaming Bob Stoops for

Quote Originally Posted by jlew1818 View Post
    I blame Obama for all my problems
    At least he's not Boo Blake!

ba-dum crash!!!!

I'm here all week folks!
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Really, the thing that still pisses me off, even five years later, is that when Mike took the new job, he left before our bowl game. I know that's the norm, but it *shouldn't* be. I sincerely believe we would've won if he hadn't left for his new gig 'til after the Sugar Bowl. (And that half-assed stuff where he sorta left, then flew back a few days before the game to completely change the defensive scheme BV had put in, just didn't cut it. Clearly.)

I guess there's no point in discussing it any more. I really had thought things had progressed to the point where anyone who actually watches us play could see that our defense wasn't, and hadn't been, up to snuff for quite some time... But clearly some folks really feel that BV is superb, and our defensive woes are due to everything in the universe *except* for Vulnerables.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RedstickSooner View Post
    Really, the thing that still pisses me off, even five years later, is that when Mike took the new job, he left before our bowl game. I know that's the norm, but it *shouldn't* be. I sincerely believe we would've won if he hadn't left for his new gig 'til after the Sugar Bowl. (And that half-assed stuff where he sorta left, then flew back a few days before the game to completely change the defensive scheme BV had put in, just didn't cut it. Clearly.)

I guess there's no point in discussing it any more. I really had thought things had progressed to the point where anyone who actually watches us play could see that our defense wasn't, and hadn't been, up to snuff for quite some time... But clearly some folks really feel that BV is superb, and our defensive woes are due to everything in the universe *except* for Vulnerables.
    Some peeps can't see their *** for their crimson shades.

disclaimer: I love me some OU football, I think Bob is doing a fine job and should stay as long as he wants, but seriously: is our defense ever going to improve with BV? Has it since he's taken over? That's all I, and others, are saying. Why do we have to settle for half-*** when we're OU? Get a guy in here that can get this defense breathing fire again and lets go win #8, or at least have a realistic shot at it.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    disclaimer: I love me some OU football, I think Bob is doing a fine job and should stay as long as he wants, but seriously: is our defense ever going to improve with BV? Has it since he's taken over? That's all I, and others, are saying. Why do we have to settle for half-*** when we're OU? Get a guy in here that can get this defense breathing fire again and lets go win #8, or at least have a realistic shot at it.

I don't think Bob Stoops is going to fire BV unless we start losing 4-5 games a year. I'm not coming on here defending BV, and I agree that the defense hasn't been up to snuff the last couple years, but I'm still happy with the way the team has performed, I would say that we do have a realistic shot at winning at NC sometime soon (I don't think there are any cleanly run programs *cough* USC *cough* that are better than we are). I just get tired of the constant bitching when the team is 7-1, and I don't think the finger for whats wrong with the program should ever be pointed at Bob Stoops. I think he's earned the right to run it as he sees fit with people constantly second guessing him.

vCash

We are #4 in the polls and we don't have a realistic shot at it? I still believe that the Sooners still have something to play for and I just think in the next coming weeks that BV will get OUr defense ready to play...they still have a chance(both coaches and players) to prove that they can have a respectful performance.
    "I'm goin to come down there and jerk a half itch in your a$$" ~ Roy D. Mercer

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hink4769 View Post
    I think he's earned the right to run it as he sees fit with people constantly second guessing him.
    This is all you needed to say
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

vCash

I don't think Bob Stoops is going to fire BV unless we start losing 4-5 games a year. I'm not coming on here defending BV, and I agree that the defense hasn't been up to snuff the last couple years, but I'm still happy with the way the team has performed, I would say that we do have a realistic shot at winning at NC sometime soon (I don't think there are any cleanly run programs *cough* USC *cough* that are better than we are). I just get tired of the constant bitching when the team is 7-1, and I don't think the finger for whats wrong with the program should ever be pointed at Bob Stoops. I think he's earned the right to run it as he sees fit with people constantly second guessing him.
    He gets paid a lot of money, so if people want to second guess him I say they've paid for the priviledge. I don't think he'll ever fire BV either...and I'm not upset that we're 7-1, I'm upset at the way that one loss happened, in that Texas kept exploiting our defensive scheme and we never adjusted. A quality DC should have seen what was happening and took steps to try and stop it, BV seemingly never did.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I'm upset at the way that one loss happened, in that Texas kept exploiting our defensive scheme and we never adjusted. A quality DC should have seen what was happening and took steps to try and stop it, BV seemingly never did.
    (Obligatory Complainer Counter)
    Well if you know so much maybe you should apply to be defensive coordinator!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JLEW1818's Avatar
    vCash

We don't know how to put the nail in the coffin anymore....

vCash

lol. I think a lot of people on this board could keep opposing UN-RANKED teams under 550 freaking yards!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash

Amen
    "I'm goin to come down there and jerk a half itch in your a$$" ~ Roy D. Mercer

vCash

Apparently you didn't read earlier in this thread where we mocked posts like this. Good job though nOOb.

...and I've coached FB for a long time, I'm not so sure that I seriously couldn't do better.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Like I said a few weeks ago, Kevin Wilson could do just as good as BV, on defense.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jlew1818 View Post
    lol. I think a lot of people on this board could keep opposing UN-RANKED teams under 550 freaking yards!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh ya think so do ya? Maybe you should be the defensive coordinator Mr. Football Know-It-All!

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RedstickSooner View Post
    Bob Stoops.

I think it's kinda funny that you've got enough self-doubt about your position that you're calling us names. Whiners? Really? Weak sauce, dude.

I don't ask that we win every game we play -- but I do ask that our coaches "win" by putting superior units on the field at least 60 percent of the time. Vulnerables has managed to field superior defenses 1 year out of 5 since he's been calling the shots on defense.

That's an F in anybody's book.
    Venables has won a conference championship 75% of the time as a DC. If we don't win the Big 12 this year then it'll be 60%. He wins 80% of the games. What were you looking for exactly?

Since you ignored me the last time I posted this:

Quote Originally Posted by snp View Post
    Really?

National/Conference ranking

Scoring Defense:

2004: 11/1
    2005: 37/4
    2006: 19/1
    2007: 19/2

Total Defense:

2004: 13/1
    2005: 13/3
    2006: 16/1
    2007: 26/2

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Apparently you didn't read earlier in this thread where we mocked posts like this. Good job though nOOb.

...and I've coached FB for a long time, I'm not so sure that I seriously couldn't do better.
    I did read them, thats why I posted that one, as a joke.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by snp View Post
    Venables has won a conference championship 75% of the time as a DC. If we don't win the Big 12 this year then it'll be 60%. He wins 80% of the games. What were you looking for exactly?

Since you ignored me the last time I posted this:
    I'm thinking that some others had something to do with us winning these too. Like the offense and such. In fact more to do with our winning at these impressive rates then BV has been responsible for.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Oh ya think so do ya? Maybe you should be the defensive coordinator Mr. Football Know-It-All!
    hehe

vCash

So honestly, can you tell me you look forward to OSU fans rubbing your nose in their orange banners after we play in Stillwater? What chances do you give Venables finding a way to stop their offense? Or Tech for that matter? We haven't even played the high powered offenses on our schedule yet. Maybe BV is holding back? I sure hope so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by wishbonesooner View Post
    We haven't even played the high powered offenses on our schedule yet. Maybe BV is holding back? I sure hope so.

heh. now that is funny.