SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Greenspan testifies about the economic meltdown

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/081023/finan...down.html?.v=9

The longtime Fed chief acknowledged under questioning that he had made a "mistake" in believing that banks in operating in their self-interest would be sufficient to protect their shareholders and the equity in their institutions. Greenspan called it "a flaw in the model that I perceived is the critical functioning structure that defines how the world works."
    Interesting. Cause I thought this was all the po' folks fault.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Greenspan testifies about the economic meltdown

it is, because po' folks wasn't using the banks as much as they should have. Don't you know anything you dirty heathen lib.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

SoonerFans.com Elite Member soonerhubs's Avatar
    vCash

Is the bail out not welfare for the rich as much as TANF is welfare for the poor? I don't know who to attack on this, so one of you folks tell me the side to take.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Havok's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerhubler View Post
    Is the bail out not welfare for the rich as much as TANF is welfare for the poor? I don't know who to attack on this, so one of you folks tell me the side to take.
    Take SicEm's side...I'm thinking of joining it
    If I am right, then religious fundamentalists will not go to Heaven, because there is no Heaven. If THEY are right, then they will not go to Heaven, because they are hypocrites.

-Isaac Asimov

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

For perspective, it would take about 42 years for an equivalent amount of TANF funds to match the bailout. It's hard to say whether or not TANF is a success in that the definition of success for the program varies from person to person, I do think it was a step up from AFDC.
    Boomer Sooner

SoonerFans.com Elite Member soonerhubs's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerscuba View Post
    For perspective, it would take about 42 years for an equivalent amount of TANF funds to match the bailout. It's hard to say whether or not TANF is a success in that the definition of success for the program varies from person to person, I do think it was a step up from AFDC.
    You didn't give me anyone to blame. Can't you see there has to be someone to Demonize? Now step to it.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

You didn't give me anyone to blame. Can't you see there has to be someone to Demonize? Now step to it.
    Mormons.
    Boomer Sooner