Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner04's Avatar
    vCash

Question Your Least Favorite Team in All of Sports

You can pick a school here and whitewash all of their teams as someone you hate, but I'd rather see something truly specific. It could be professional, college or high school, but who do you REALLY hate. Who would you NEVER root for under any circumstance.

Mine has evolved over the years, but for the last six or seven years that choice has been crystal clear. Above all else, far and away, I HATE the players, coaches and fans who comprise the University of Kansas men's basketball team.

vCash

Re: Your Least Favorite Team in All of Sports

The Texas Agricultural and Mechanical College.

Aggie delenda est.

3. 10/13/2008, 01:43 PM

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Oklahoma State Football

Oakland Raiders

New York Yankees (except Jeter, cause he's an alright guy)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BudSooner's Avatar
    vCash

If I had to pick one team, only....college...easy, it's texas.
    Pro, Boston Red ****ing Sox.

Sorry Grapevine...you know where i'm coming from.

Aggy

vCash

Saxet Shorthorns...

...no question about it, and it doesn't matter what sport, I hate'em with a passion.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

You specify "team," but TOO BAD, I'm picking more than one!

College basketball: Stanford University

Why: Their students are deplorable and have taken over as the sole team that Sherri Coale, bless her, cannot beat (because Iowa State has lost this honor in recent history). On the men's side, the Lopez twins were bullies and thug-like in the tourney and I wished them a quick trip to the NBA second round... wish not granted

College football: University of Southern California
    Why: Some call us the land thieves and the cheaters, but we've since reformed and USC has taken over as a recruit thief through cheating. There is no team I would like to beat more and it isn't just because of the game of which we do not speak, it's because I would love to be the example of how a clean program can win over a dirty one.

Pro football: Minnesota Vikings/Chicago Bears
    Why: Years of Randy Moss has soured this Packer fan on the purple guys even though Moss has moved on and All Day has moved in. I cheer for AD to have good games, but to never beat the Pack. Da Bears are just a historic rival that need to stay in their place at the bottom of the conference. Cutting Mark Bradley and JD Runnels is also unforgiveable, as Tommie Harris has eluded to... speaking of, suspending Tommie is also unforgiveable. Boo Bears. Boo.

NBA: Chicago Bulls
    Why: After years of watching them win over and over again and embarrass my favorite team the Bucks en route to 70-plus (Milwaukee was win No. 70 that year), I enjoy watching Chi-town suffer, much like I'm sure Celtic hated loved to see them lose a lot for years. Pistons are a close second for conference ties and some thugging in the 80s.

National team: China
    Why: The women's soccer team was so endearing under Mia Hamm et all, but China nearly ended the dream World Cup run. Women's gymnastics had a wonderful showing this past Olympics, but was constantly dogged by biased reffing (ok, I'm a little biased too) and had to compete with girls who likely were too young to compete (and yes, that is a hardship in women's gymnsatics). The anti-commie comes out in all of us Americans when our national sports nemesis wears red (either China or Russia).

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Pro: New York Yankees
    College: Notre Dame
    High School: lOSUr Orange Aggy
    Grade School: those daggone Immaculate Conception Copperheads
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    You specify "team," but TOO BAD, I'm picking more than one!

College basketball: Stanford University

Why: Their students are deplorable and have taken over as the sole team that Sherri Coale, bless her, cannot beat (because Iowa State has lost this honor in recent history). On the men's side, the Lopez twins were bullies and thug-like in the tourney and I wished them a quick trip to the NBA second round... wish not granted

College football: University of Southern California
    Why: Some call us the land thieves and the cheaters, but we've since reformed and USC has taken over as a recruit thief through cheating. There is no team I would like to beat more and it isn't just because of the game of which we do not speak, it's because I would love to be the example of how a clean program can win over a dirty one.

Pro football: Minnesota Vikings/Chicago Bears
    Why: Years of Randy Moss has soured this Packer fan on the purple guys even though Moss has moved on and All Day has moved in. I cheer for AD to have good games, but to never beat the Pack. Da Bears are just a historic rival that need to stay in their place at the bottom of the conference. Cutting Mark Bradley and JD Runnels is also unforgiveable, as Tommie Harris has eluded to... speaking of, suspending Tommie is also unforgiveable. Boo Bears. Boo.

They are as overrated as the Packers with Favre, poor poor Brett.

NBA: Chicago Bulls
    Why: After years of watching them win over and over again and embarrass my favorite team the Bucks en route to 70-plus (Milwaukee was win No. 70 that year), I enjoy watching Chi-town suffer, much like I'm sure Celtic hated loved to see them lose a lot for years. Pistons are a close second for conference ties and some thugging in the 80s.

National team: China
    Why: The women's soccer team was so endearing under Mia Hamm et all, but China nearly ended the dream World Cup run. Women's gymnastics had a wonderful showing this past Olympics, but was constantly dogged by biased reffing (ok, I'm a little biased too) and had to compete with girls who likely were too young to compete (and yes, that is a hardship in women's gymnsatics). The anti-commie comes out in all of us Americans when our national sports nemesis wears red (either China or Russia).

vCash

The Cubs.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

As a proper Oklahoma fan, I hate no one more than the University of Texas in all incarnations. I will never understand why people cheered for Texas to win the Rose Bowl over USC. Well, I guess I understand the "revenge on USC" factor, but I would much rather have seen USC get another NC than Texas. Some people were arguing that we should cheer on Texas for "the good of the Big 12".... Screw the Big 12. They get tons of money no matter if we win or lose bowl games. They aren't hurting for money.

After Texas, probably Oklahoma State. I hated that we lost to LSU in the Sugar Bowl but I didn't mind the school that much until Lester took over there. Now they're contemptible. I hate watching them barely scrape by with "brave" last-ditch efforts and Lester is hailed as a "gutsy" guy. He's still the same aggot as ever.

USC sucks and is way overhyped, as they have been for about 5 years now. I still hate Boise State and dread watching their games on TV, which always inevitably lead back to UPSETTING THE SOONERS. After last year's bowl, I was more disappointed than angry at West Virginia, especially considering how horrible Bill Stewart ending up doing there this year.

As far as teams I always enjoy watching go down: Notre Dame, Miami, Missouri, Michigan, Oregon, Texas Tech, TCU, Hawaii (in order of hatred).

I'm a vindictive football watcher.
    "Texas does not suck!" - Brian Britt

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by froneal View Post
    I will never understand why people cheered for Texas to win the Rose Bowl over USC.
    'Splanation:

The better Texas recruits, the worse they do against us.

Great recruits=No championships=Oklahoma's B!tch

Note: Recruits in plural, not singular, so please don't point out VY. He was a great recruit, singular. Not "great recruits," plural.

Thus, championship=great recruits, which then means no championships, which then makes them Oklahoma's B!tch.

vCash

Heh, I cheered for the football to get squirted loose in that game.
    Damn talk about a choice between a turd and a **** sammich, I couldn't cheer for either texass or suc.

I dunno Badger, that's some backwards logic you got going there...

Quote Originally Posted by BudSooner View Post
    Heh, I cheered for the football to get squirted loose in that game.
    Damn talk about a choice between a turd and a **** sammich, I couldn't cheer for either texass or suc.
    I cheered for the longshot possibility of an earthquake collapsing the stadium and raining destruction upon both squads.... but alas, it never came true.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Chuck Bao's Avatar
    vCash

I love college football and college football fans except those from LSU.

I love college basketball, both men's and women's. I have no problem with the fans being fans.

I am not a fan of baseball. I hate the role that money plays in the sport. I especially hate the New York Yankees.

I hate soccer. I hate Manchester United and Liverpool. They are the mother of all monied sports on steriods.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

This is tough. There are teams that I hate, and teams I love to see fail, but it is hard to pick out one that I will not root for no matter what.

It's harder to avoid rooting for hated teams in football, when losses mean you can jump in ranking and bowl status. In basketball it is much easier where tournaments determine just about everything. Still, even through all that I have the most ire for is the Miami Hurricanes football team. I hates them so much...
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by froneal View Post
    I dunno Badger, that's some backwards logic you got going there...
    Backwards logic makes me forget what happened Saturday and that the days of AD's abs next to each of my posts are numbered

So anyways, you were talking about an earthquake hitting southern california???

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

I can't say anybody in the Big 12 because at certain parts of the year, I pull for the conference teams to win....

I don't know that I have ever cheered for USC...going back to the Rodney Peete days
    Bazinga

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    I can't say anybody in the Big 12 because at certain parts of the year, I pull for the conference teams to win....
    STEP, you might be as good a person as any to explain this conference loyalty thing to me, because I just don't get it. If anything I see conference teams as being our main rivals and as such hate them mightily. I would be pleased if on a weekly basis the only conference team to win was OU.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Backwards logic makes me forget what happened Saturday and that the days of AD's abs next to each of my posts are numbered

So anyways, you were talking about an earthquake hitting southern california???
    In a perfect world, Californians would get their wish and secede from the U.S....just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Bao
    I am not a fan of baseball. I hate the role that money plays in the sport. I especially hate the New York Yankees.
    I don't understand the appeal of baseball at all. A loss means precisely nothing in the long run. Teams with 85 losses are deemed "good." The season is ridiculously long as well, how do people even keep up with all of it. I guess stats nerds are into baseball for that reason, but realistically, football owns the U.S.

I can't stand any form of NASCAR, either. Let's turn left for 3 hours, sounds like a hell of a party!