SoonerFans.com Elite Member tbl's Avatar
    vCash

Can somebody explain to me...

how the Coaches poll has USC ahead of us???? I would REALLY like to see an open ballot on this one.

Let me see if I remember this correctly...

OU loses to the undefeated 5th ranked team in the country (now #1), on a neutral site, not to mention our most bitter rival, in a heated back and forth where we led most of the game.

USC loses to unranked 1-2 Oregon State (before and after the game), now 3-3, in which they struggled the entire game, and this week they beat a horrible Arizona State team, and somehow they leapfrog us???

I understand Tech jumping us. Heck I'd even understand jumping us at this point, but stinking USC??? That is unbelievable.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Can somebody explain to me...

It's all a media consipiracy (yes, the coaches are controlled by the media - the media changes their votes to suit their whims).

Anyway, the media sets up teams so that they can get the "big upsets" on their televised games. oswho and mizzery is a great example of this. Mizz was way overrated (as was the bugger eater), and they got showed up by an improved oswho team.

You watch for the rest of the season - the media will be making a big deal out of this "wild ride" of a season where everyone they pump up will be torn down by some "off the radar" team that really was good, but got no props from anyone.

It's all about the money.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

The coaches put no thought into their votes and only know about teams they play or will play. They will also votes to help their own team if there is a way to do it. I actually like the older BCS formula that gave more weight to the computer power rankings.

vCash

It just doesn't matter at this point.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUmillenium's Avatar
    vCash

USC beat a highly ranked Ohio St. A better win than anything we have.

But their loss is a horrible loss compared to our road game v. Texas.

I would have us ranked higher IMO.
    Here lies Lester Moor
    4 slugs from a .44
    No Lester no more

That's no moon...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tbl's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUmillenium View Post
    USC beat a highly ranked Ohio St. A better win than anything we have.

But their loss is a horrible loss compared to our road game v. Texas.

I would have us ranked higher IMO.
    True, but tOSU has been exposed since then as a "meh" team this year. The loss is the deciding factor between the two, and there is no doubt which is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup
    It just doesn't matter at this point.
    I disagree. If USC wins out and we win out, they will remain ahead of us. It could have implications later on in the year.

Because USC's loss came before ours. I know it shouldn't matter, but somehow it does.
    Aries

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash

Can we just say that usc is a bunch of cheating *******s and move on?

Cause they are.
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tbl View Post
    I understand Tech jumping us.
    I don't. At all. Tech should have administered a total beatdown to Corn. Instead, we see the following circular reasoning applied:

1) Sand Aggy is really good team
    2) Corn played sand Aggy close on the road, so Corn must be a really good team
    3) Sand Aggy beat a really good team, so they must be a really great team!

On the other hand, everyone is jumping on the Texas bandwagon all of a sudden, and throwing us under the bus. If they really think Texas is the #1 team, why is our loss to Texas worse than USC's loss to Oregon State? Because human polls are crap. Even worse, they're always going to be crap because they're human polls. The BCS commissioners need a punch to the sack for allowing the computer rankings to get watered down every year because the chattering classes and mouthbreathing fans assume that every time the computers don't agree with the biased, subjective, ignorant pollsters it's the computers that are obviously wrong.
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Lott's Bandana's Avatar
    vCash

This year several OU-friendly coaches dropped out of their voting queue and hell, the coaches don't vote anyway...usually some Assistant to the Regional Manager Athletic Director does the voting for them.

Having said that, **** succ. (it rhymes)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BudSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Seems to me that there is alot of MEH teams in the top 10, for the life of me there is not 1 team that stands out as someone who can bully to the top and prove they are worthy of that standing.

Every team has a weakness this year, Florida against the pass, USC against the run, OU against KR/PR,Missouri against the pass,Georgia against the run,yada yada yada.

There isn't one damn team that is truly DOMINANT on both sides of the ball this year, Bama isn't it...and as much as I hate to say it...aggy put on quite teh show.

Oh gawd......brb...i'm gonna puke orange......

Latigo Beach ... nice point break ... long workable rides.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mdklatt View Post
    I don't. At all. Tech should have administered a total beatdown to Corn. Instead, we see the following "THE SEC IS THE GREATEST CONFERENCE EVER!" reasoning applied:

1) Sand Aggy is really good team
    2) Corn played sand Aggy close on the road, so Corn must be a really good team
    3) Sand Aggy beat a really good team, so they must be a really great team!
    Fixed
    "OK ... l know. This is where you tell me all about how locals rule ... and yuppie insects like me shouldn't be surfing your break, right?"