Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Fire Barry Tramel

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
    We're not average, in fact we're definitely one of the ten best teams in college football. I just don't happen to think we have what it takes (and have been saying this since well before this past Saturday) to go all the way this year.
    This is the first year since 03 that I have felt like we had the players that could do it, the adjustments aren't there and the schemes are sorely lacking. There's a lot of confusion out there, (esp after RR went down) and half of that is on the staff.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Lott's Bandana View Post
    I know Berry personally and he is a good guy. He responds to emails I send him when someone on SF posts something profound and he appreciates the input, sometimes working some of the information into his radio commentary or articles.

He obviously works on a deadline and sometimes his 'objectiveness' takes a direction we don't see...that is a given. Yet, in order for him to be an effective reporter/columnist for a very Sooner-centric publication, he has to take these directions, otherwise he would just be another homer poster like the thousands we have here on this board...including me.

Berry ain't perfect or even everyone's cup of tea, but trust me, he IS GENUINELY a Sooners fan, great Dad and proud Norman High grad...oh, and he's always looked like that...in the '70's I thought it was ludes. Mebbe not, huh?
    I'll second that. I know him as well although I only run into him once a year. He IS a stand up guy, and yes, he has always looked like that, for which his younger brother gives him a great deal of grief.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I think Barry Tramel is very objective,. He just calls it as he sees it. I recall the Blake days . He was right on in calling Blake a fluke and all the fans were outraged . He is doing his job. He is being honest and is not scared to say it in soonerland . I believe he wants OU to be its best . We need to understand and tolerate more . This talk about his look and his orientation is shamefull , I know the guy and he is a stand up person.

stop the nagging and agonizing ,

we need a good Defensive Coordinator fellas >>>

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Lott's Bandana's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by basel90 View Post
    I think Barry Tramel is very objective,. He just calls it as he sees it. I recall the Blake days . He was right on in calling Blake a fluke and all the fans were outraged . He is doing his job. He is being honest and is not scared to say it in soonerland . I believe he wants OU to be its best . We need to understand and tolerate more . This talk about his look and his orientation is shamefull , I know the guy and he is a stand up person.

stop the nagging and agonizing ,

we need a good Defensive Coordinator fellas >>>
    La di da di da di la di da.....BOOM!

Didn't see that coming.