Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Fire Barry Tramel

Just when I decide not to watch sportcenter for fear of watching the commentators cream themselves talking about the RRR. I sit down at my computer to check out what's going on back home in the state "newspaper".

Am I the only one that wouldn't mind if Barry Tramel decided to move to another state and never talk about Oklahoma sports ever again? I hop online to check out OKC Pre-Season Thunder scores just to catch the GIANT article title "Tramel: Sooners aren't who we thought they were"....

Are you !@#ing serious?

If it wasn't for the obvious bandwagon mentality, and completely botching anything that resembles cognitive thought, our fair sports writer can't even write.
    One of the first lines in the "article" was: "This was an historic game from which you couldn't avert your eyes."

Is it just me or does this sound like the opening line of a 10th graders english exam about his favorite sports team. This only to be followed by: "Bad enough to lose, but to lose the fourth quarter to a coach and school that OU once lorded over? The Sooners aren't who we thought they were."

They have the nerve to even video this guy...I dont want a guy that looks like he just rolled out of a dumpster after taking a bong hit representing Oklahoma. A guy that with a couple strokes of a pen strap a bandwagon mentality on the entire fan base.

Gosh I was just getting over the game and proud to be a sooner that boasts of how great Oklahoma is out here on the East Coast. Then this no talent a$$ clown has to humiliate The University, our state, the sooner nation and **** me the hell off with articles like this:

http://www.newsok.com/tramel-sooners...ad_story_title

It was national news when BT decided to give his uneducated lazy faced opinion on the evils of message boards here:

http://www.thelostogle.com/2008/07/1...-is-a-fcktard/

So I guess he's not reading this but if he is.....

BERRY QUIT YOUR JOB! NO PAINT CHIPS ARE NOT THE SAME THING AS CHOCOLATE CHIPS!!

whew.....I feel so much better.......

http://www.dcsooners.com/newsite/

"You've got vomit on yourself...."

Hays County Police Officer to D.J. Monroe

Sooner Benchwarmer DallasSooner87's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Fire Barry Tramel

Barry Tramel's inner thoughts, "OMG SOONERS LOSE ABANDON SHIP ABANDON SHIP MUST CONVINCE THE MASSES MUST PRETEND I AM IMPORTANT."

*note this is coming from someone getting a degree in broadcasting and electronic media. I am ashamed he is in a remotely similar field.
    "That's when you know you've found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SbOrOiNaEnR's Avatar
    vCash

"It was once said—only half facetiously—that the three greatest organizations the world has ever known were the Imperial German Army, the Roman Catholic Church and the Standard Oil Company. Inasmuch as the Imperial German Army was demobilized in 1918, it is doubtless high time that a new candidate be proposed to fill out the triumvirate, and one strong contender—most sport fans would agree—is the University of Oklahoma football team." ~ Tex Maule, Sports Illustrated, November 18, 1957

We playin on the moon bitch, don't call me
    vCash

berry tramel is pretty awesome

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Bandwagon reporter... typical... tries to go for the emotions instead of sitting down and really looking at the facts. Take him with a grain of salt.

Read Herbstreit or Zemek instead.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Meh, most people are now saying that the Sooners aren't who we thought they were and we let the whorns off the hook, tee hee to Dennis Green at Arizona... but what I find objectionable is his ideas behind message boards, which he probably doesn't even agree with anymore anyway.

To refresh, here were his thoughts:

I mean, the column is one thing - we all thought OU was going to win, so obviously, not what we expected or whatever - but these VIDEO columns, omg, they are embarrassing:

This one was especially embarrassing because of the language he used, as I mocked above.

vCash

You guys know he writes for the Spectator....right?

I'm thinking Badger knows.

I'll just say this...

Barry....you need someone to help you with your appearance.

Also...anytime you feel the need to write an article about The Sooners...

Post it here before you turn it in...

We'll help you from now on....

vCash

Thumbs up Re: Fire Barry Tramel

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup View Post
    I'm thinking Badger knows.
    Yes, NormanPride and I subscribe to the magazine and love it. You should all subscribe immediately or else you'll continuously subject yourselves to limited Sooner content in the national media or columns like the one critiqued by the thread starter in local OKC media.

I know that sports writing is tough, especially when it's critical of the favorite team or favorite players. However, that video that pokes at message boards, my goodness, I think his hair turned more gray with every reference to the "peep show" and "drivin' the getaway car."

However, like Tramel would say, these types of video columns are no "solo job," but I won't be able to say it in as funny of a way as thelostogle.com, so I'll just refer you guys to that site for more info

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SteelClip49's Avatar
    vCash

HORSEFEATHERS!!!!!

Also, I think if Traber wasn't married he would totally go for dingleBerry. Every damn day he just has to say he loooooooves The Oklahoman and reading Trample's filth. BTW, was Cardboard Jim at the game? If so, I couldn't find him.
    Land Thieves Legend

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FmrEmpOUathdept View Post
    HORSEFEATHERS!!!!!

Also, I think if Traber wasn't married he would totally go for dingleBerry. Every damn day he just has to say he loooooooves The Oklahoman and reading Trample's filth. BTW, was Cardboard Jim at the game? If so, I couldn't find him.
    Get it right, it's BULLFEATHERS. Horses don't have feathers, duh!

wait a sec...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Partial Qualifier's Avatar
    vCash

Tramel is kooky. Most of the time he seems solid but he'll get kooky on certain subjects. I had my doubts until he got on the evening show with Al and Jim... he gets all silly-weird when they call him on his kookiness.

But Rhode is far and away worse than Tramel. He hates OU and jabs OU and it's fans any chance he gets.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

What exactly did he say that we disagree with again?
    Atheist.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Lott's Bandana's Avatar
    vCash

I know Berry personally and he is a good guy. He responds to emails I send him when someone on SF posts something profound and he appreciates the input, sometimes working some of the information into his radio commentary or articles.

He obviously works on a deadline and sometimes his 'objectiveness' takes a direction we don't see...that is a given. Yet, in order for him to be an effective reporter/columnist for a very Sooner-centric publication, he has to take these directions, otherwise he would just be another homer poster like the thousands we have here on this board...including me.

Berry ain't perfect or even everyone's cup of tea, but trust me, he IS GENUINELY a Sooners fan, great Dad and proud Norman High grad...oh, and he's always looked like that...in the '70's I thought it was ludes. Mebbe not, huh?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
    What exactly did he say that we disagree with again?
    I wasn't disagreeing with his column - the Sooners are not who we thought they were, after all - but rather, I disagree that the solo job of driving the getaway car to the peep show like a dweeb crack detective is bullfeathers.

vCash

Oh. Well, yeah.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
    Oh. Well, yeah.
    Why they stick a video camera in front of columnists who WRITE, not read their views to others, I will never understand. But, as long as you mentioned the column...

He made Bob Stoops' decision to not go for it on 4th and 2 out to be incredibly stupid. This bothers me, as this is a coach that knows how to win and knows his team better than anyone else, because even the media that covers every aspect of them everyday still does not have access to those closed practices where they practiced their no-huddle.

If I was coach, I would have gone for it on both 4th and 6 and 4th and 2, but I am not one to second-guess Stoops so easily, because of everything he has accomplished.

While I do not disagree with him on this particular column, it seems to be quite predictable that after a great team loses that it is flavor-of-the-month to minimize everything they had accomplished up to this point. Obviously not everyone feels this way, because everything the Sooners have accomplished up to this point makes them the No. 5 (averaging the No. 4 and No. 6 rankings=No. 5) team in the country. Top 5! Not too shabby.

The worst part about RRS is that one of the teams won't walk away with a win and if not a loss, a tie. Fact of life, one of us was going down on Saturday. It doesn't make us overrated, nor would it have made Texas overrated it they lost - it was just going to happen to one of us and bummer that it happened to us and not them. Boo hoo.

Rant over. So we fall three or five places (four on average, heh). Meh. We have the second half of the season to earn our ranking back. Stoops has and will lead us back to the top.

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

Not going for it on 4th and 2 was one of the worst calls/no calls I have seen Bob do.

Back on topic-
    I don't get it. Well, actually, I do. We live in a time of knee-jerk reactionism and this is represented glowingly by the media. If we are so average, why is texas ranked #1? And why are we ranked as high as 4? Friggin idiots.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooneron View Post
    If we are so average, why is texas ranked #1? And why are we ranked as high as 4? Friggin idiots.
    Agree, +1, etc.

While tie years are fun (or do they suck? I don't know...), one of the teams had to lose, but OU could probably stomach the loss better than UT (saxet would have probably dropped below OSU), so hey, let's let Pokie and Mizzou "control their own destiny" up until the last two games - Bedl@m and Big 12 - then we can just control our way back into the title game

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooneron View Post
    Not going for it on 4th and 2 was one of the worst calls/no calls I have seen Bob do.

Back on topic-
    I don't get it. Well, actually, I do. We live in a time of knee-jerk reactionism and this is represented glowingly by the media. If we are so average, why is texas ranked #1? And why are we ranked as high as 4? Friggin idiots.
    We're not average, in fact we're definitely one of the ten best teams in college football. I just don't happen to think we have what it takes (and have been saying this since well before this past Saturday) to go all the way this year.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Lott's Bandana's Avatar
    vCash

You all realize the editors at OPUBCO would love this thread.