Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member The Maestro's Avatar
    vCash

Your OU-texas record

I was one of those unlucky folks who, the Summer before he was headed to OU, witnessed Switzer's resignation speech (it interrupted "The Young and the Restless", too, so that sucked as well!). My freshman year I made it down to the OU-texas game on that old blue turf with a guy on Walker 7 that had a full beard and a fake ID from New York, this goober from Dallas that lived down the hall and his OSU buddy that I SWEAR wore full on pajamas, button up shirt kind, in our hotel room.

Anyway, OU rallied late and converted a 4th down inside the 10 by inches...and took the lead...before Gardere marched right down the field to win the game hitting Johnnie Walker (not red, but he was actually black) for the winner.

I went to 12 games between then and 2001, missing 1990 (thank God!) and going 4-7-1. I haven't been since Superman made his spectacular play and I can't wait to get back. Starting next year, it will become an annual tradition, come hell or high water.

My lowlights were all the good Gibbs teams losing to inferior texas teams, i.e., Gardere, Bubba Jacques...my highlights were my bachelor party in 1996 at OU-texas, 2000 on the 50 yard line next to moaning horn fans and the finish of my last time there in 2001.

4-7-1. Ugh. I gotta get back!

So what's your personal record at the game?
    “It never changes. Football is a game of repetition, mental and physical. You may try to articulate it a little different, but it's the same thing: Get better players, make fewer mistakes, and drill the fundamentals into your players' heads. The rest of it is a joke. Teams aren't winning because of what they had for breakfast or what some coach said in the locker room.” - Barry Switzer

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Your OU-texas record

4-0 at the game, 1-1 in dallas but not at the game
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Partial Qualifier's Avatar
    vCash

0-6.

I wont be seeing anymore OU/TX games in person, thanks.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OKC-SLC's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Partial Qualifier View Post
    0-6.

I wont be seeing anymore OU/TX games in person, thanks.
    thanks.

Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

1-0

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 StormySooner-IN's Avatar
    Surrounded by the 'other' Crimson and Cream.
    vCash

0-0.

someone help a poor 16 year old, plzkthks.
    The guy obsessed with Cameron Kenney

-OleVet Posse Designated Driver, "Kid"

Quote Originally Posted by PhiDeltBeers
    I didn't realize it was a 16 year old kid!!!!!!! Wow, I thought you had to be 18 to get on the computer.

Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by StormySooner-IN View Post
    0-0.

Sell your soul.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by StormySooner-IN View Post
    0-0.

Wait your time...and just hope a legend doesn't resign the Summer before you head to OU.
    “It never changes. Football is a game of repetition, mental and physical. You may try to articulate it a little different, but it's the same thing: Get better players, make fewer mistakes, and drill the fundamentals into your players' heads. The rest of it is a joke. Teams aren't winning because of what they had for breakfast or what some coach said in the locker room.” - Barry Switzer

vCash

perfect

1-0
    He's coming for you

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU-HSV's Avatar
    vCash

I'm 0-0 in Dallas, this will be my first appearance at this game!
    My record in Norman is nearly flawless though (damn horny toads round one). My hope is that the successful spirit I bring to Norman will follow me to Dallas.....that's how I roll and texass sucks

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 westcoast_sooner's Avatar
    vCash

2-1. I saw the game in 1999, then went to the 2000 and 2003 games - both the blowouts. I'd really love to see another one of those Saturday.

vCash

For those who have never been, get in the stadium early. Watch both bands come in. It will give you a new perspective of rivalry and hate. That texas band really pisses you off. And then watching the teams come out.

That is the one game where I try to get in my seat 1:30 before the kickoff and soak it all in. I recommend that for you virgins. You don't really appreciate this rivalry until you attend it in person.

Drunky Town Limnologist Fraggle145's Avatar
    vCash

'98, '99, '00, '02, OU/tx attendance record: 2-2

'01, '03-'07 in Dallas but not at the game, Total Dallas record: 6-4

'08? Back in attendance!! just got tickets today.
    Quote Originally Posted by yermom
    your puny brain can't understand the awesomeness of God
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

vCash

5-2 2001-2007

i was f'ing hooked after Superman

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU-HSV's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The Maestro View Post
    For those who have never been, get in the stadium early. Watch both bands come in. It will give you a new perspective of rivalry and hate. That texas band really pisses you off. And then watching the teams come out.

That is the one game where I try to get in my seat 1:30 before the kickoff and soak it all in. I recommend that for you virgins. You don't really appreciate this rivalry until you attend it in person.
    Not sure how early we'll get in the stadium. My brother OKC-SLC and I are going, he's been before. I know we're gonna get to the fairgrounds early as hell though. I'm ready.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member IronSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Been to every game since '99
    6-3

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SbOrOiNaEnR's Avatar
    vCash

2-2. 2004-2007. Saw the Shutout, and The Vince Show. Will be in Dallas this year, but not in Fair Park.
    "It was once said—only half facetiously—that the three greatest organizations the world has ever known were the Imperial German Army, the Roman Catholic Church and the Standard Oil Company. Inasmuch as the Imperial German Army was demobilized in 1918, it is doubtless high time that a new candidate be proposed to fill out the triumvirate, and one strong contender—most sport fans would agree—is the University of Oklahoma football team." ~ Tex Maule, Sports Illustrated, November 18, 1957

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The Maestro View Post

It seems that the OU fans are ALWAYS in the stadium early. It's those puke-orange clad idiots who always come in after the National Anthem.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I can't remember how many games I've been to.

1973 was the first. I was a sophomore. (It's been awhile.) It was Barry Switzer's second (?) year as HC.

I think Greg Davis was the quarterback.

We stayed downtown at the Adolphus Hotel. Had a "Tuck Fexas" bumper sticker in the window we could take down. What a party everywhere.

The game. It was the only year that all three Selmon brothers played. They were fabulous. Our defense was fabulous. Tinker Owen made an over-the- shoulder catch for a touchdown & was on the cover of Sports Illustrated that next week. The score was 48-14 or something. Unheard of margin then. Joe Washington was in it. We had good seats. We might have been nat'l champs that year.

Barry's quote that year was "God bless Mrs. Selmon." I wish I could remember more players. What a rush. There is nothing like it. The stadium is electric.

Had great seats senior year. We won all the years I was there. I remember one loss later. And, these were the days of the SWC. So it was a non-conference game. Early in the year. Usually, the game following the Texas game was a tough game. Didn't matter who it was, where it was.

Does anyone remember that roster? We won the NC two of the years I was there. I can't remember the exact years. UGH! '73 & '75?

Great times.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okiewaker's Avatar
    vCash

0-0, dont have the money to go but, ?-? since 1985 following the sooners ( not going back to add up all the wins). Humperd's 3-0