Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Administrator
    vCash

Re: I would actually love to see this: Bush Resignation Speech

Quote Originally Posted by soonerscuba View Post
    Shocking, you blame the Dems for Bush's god-awful mess of an administration.

Reagan and Clinton couldn't follow Rule #1 and look how that turned out.
    Do unto others...?

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Yes, Clinton worked well with the GOP and were able to balance the budget. I think they both worked off of each other and managed to have us in a good place financially and economically.

Not sure about Reagan. I was a little young to understand those times. I only hear each side's view of him.

Not to say that the Democrats that are in there are helping matters. Because they clearly aren't, but I would say Washington as a whole right now is failing all of us, not just one party or another.
    Madness is like gravity.....all you need is a little push.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pergdaddy View Post
    Not sure about Reagan. I was a little young to understand those times. I only hear each side's view of him.
    Reagan had a Senate majority for a bit, and faced a House opposition for his entire time in office. He was able to use his personal popularity to court sympathetic Dems into voting for particular legislation. He was good at it, and didn't think of Dems as an enemy. Despite of what I might personally think of Reagan's policies or of the man, I can objectively see that he accomplished things by reaching across the aisle. Something Bush has almost no penchant whatsoever for doing.
    Boomer Sooner

SoonerFans.com Elite Member LosAngelesSooner's Avatar
    Rubbing elbows with all the beautiful people.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    You really have drank the koolaid haven't you?
    No.

And honestly, if you feel Bush was a good President, I think that you have.

I just hope McCain can pull this one out.
    Reluctantly double secret Ninja-Maverick member of the Posse (in protest). That's right...Ice...Man...I AM dangerous.

"You have to be aware that there's a line where legitimate concerns begin to collapse into paranoid fantasy." - David Frum, Conservative author and speechwriter for President George W. Bush

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Condescending Sooner View Post
    God, I would hate to see what you would say about him if you were a democrat.
    See, that's what you don't get. SOME people can be free thinkers and not let their party affiliation get in the way of their Patriotism, their intellectual honesty and their opinions.

If I was a Dem, which I'm not, my opinion of Bush would be the exact same.

Quote Originally Posted by 85Sooner View Post
    BUSH problem was that he tried to work with Liberal Democrats ( the way he did in Texas) the Problem is the the Liberal democrats in Washington are two faced snakes who deserve more than I am willing to suggest here. RULE 1 NEVER EVER EVER EVER WORK WITH YOUR ENEMY!
    LORD. That's just IDIOTIC.

Yeah. Poor Bush. He "tried to work with the Liberal Democrats in Congress." He should have had them all lined up and shot for being un-American.
    Reluctantly double secret Ninja-Maverick member of the Posse (in protest). That's right...Ice...Man...I AM dangerous.

"You have to be aware that there's a line where legitimate concerns begin to collapse into paranoid fantasy." - David Frum, Conservative author and speechwriter for President George W. Bush

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LosAngelesSooner View Post
    No.

And honestly, if you feel Bush was a good President, I think that you have.

I just hope McCain can pull this one out.
    Oh I ain't calling him "good" necessarily, I'm just saying he's not anywhere near as "tragic" and "awful" and "taint sucking" as you lefties try to paint him. Listening to many of you guys kinda feels like everything - from 9/11 to Iraq to Afghanistan to Iran to gas prices to the bailout to global warming are all his fault. Alone. Individually. All by hisself he took this country and put it in the ****ter.

This is wrong on EVERY level, and completely unfair.

But it's hard to blame you guys cause it's all we hear when we turn on the tube or pick up a magazine or newspaper.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 85Sooner View Post
    BUSH problem was that he tried to work with Liberal Democrats ( the way he did in Texas) the Problem is the the Liberal democrats in Washington are two faced snakes who deserve more than I am willing to suggest here. RULE 1 NEVER EVER EVER EVER WORK WITH YOUR ENEMY!
    it's this type of nonsense that will have you bowing to your Imperial Chinese Overlords within 20 years.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

vCash

Oh I ain't calling him "good" necessarily, I'm just saying he's not anywhere near as "tragic" and "awful" and "taint sucking" as you lefties try to paint him. Listening to many of you guys kinda feels like everything - from 9/11 to Iraq to Afghanistan to Iran to gas prices to the bailout to global warming are all his fault. Alone. Individually. All by hisself he took this country and put it in the ****ter.

This is wrong on EVERY level, and completely unfair.

But it's hard to blame you guys cause it's all we hear when we turn on the tube or pick up a magazine or newspaper.
    Probably because there's some truth to it.

And don't call me a "leftie" just because you're so terribly far out to the right. I'm a centrist. A moderate. Left of you? Yes. Lefty? Hardly.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

A moderate's just a lefty who doesn't have the balls to say so.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy View Post
    A moderate's just a lefty who doesn't have the balls to say so.
    Uhm....no.

vCash

But that way of thinking is exactly one of the main reasons that the Republican Party brand is struggling so much right now.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

But that way of thinking is exactly one of the main reasons that the Republican Party brand is struggling so much right now.
    Why do you hate Lee Atwater?
    Atheist.

vCash

I buy 85sooner's disdain for Busy trying to pal around with Teddy right off the bat....and then getting bitten in the butt. It happened. There is no compromise with today's brand of Democrat. And McCain will lose for trying the same tact. Saying he's putting Demo's on his cabinet...there goes the base.

vCash

I buy 85sooner's disdain for Busy trying to pal around with Teddy right off the bat....and then getting bitten in the butt. It happened. There is no compromise with today's brand of Democrat. And McCain will lose for trying the same tact. Saying he's putting Demo's on his cabinet...there goes the base.
    The "Republican" base.

vCash

Sorry I"m so grouchy.....I'm dying here waiting until February and "Lost"!!!!!!

vCash

LOL
    Fair enough.

I'm kinda in the same boat.

If that doesn't cure the grouchies, I don't know what will.

Administrator
    vCash

Probably because there's some truth to it. Bull****

And don't call me a "leftie" just because you're so terribly far out to the right. I'm a centrist. A moderate. Left of you? Yes. Lefty? Hardly.

No mon ami, I'm a centrist. You are a lefty. My only issues are abortion (it's wrong), guns (leave em' alone), welfare (it's supposed to be a hand up, not a hand out), free healthcare for worthless **********s (sell your bling and buy some insurance), and legalizing gay marriage (**** whoever you want whenever you want, just don't ask me to sanction it). I'm very, very far left from what is truly the far right - not the Hollywood version of the far right - who would be anyone who prays, has ever owned a Bible, believes in God, and doesn't practice feng shui.

vCash

Yikes.

Keep tellin' yourself that, Grandpa.

You're WAAAY out to the right. And you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by KC//CRIMSON View Post
    If that doesn't cure the grouchies, I don't know what will.

Guns & God clinger-to'er.