Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member 85Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

I would actually love to see this: Bush Resignation Speech

BUSH RESIGNATION SPEECH

The following 'speech' was written recently by an ordinary Maine-iac [a resident of the People's Republic of Maine ]. While satirical in nature, all satire must have a basis in fact to be effective.

This is an excellent piece by a person who does not write for a living.

The speech George W.
    Bush might give:

Normally, I start these things out by saying 'My Fellow Americans.' Not doing it this time.

If the polls are any indication, I don't know who more than half of you are anymore.

I do know something terrible has happened, and that you're really not fellow Americans any longer.

I'll cut right to the chase here: I quit.
    Now before anyone gets all in a lather about me quitting to avoid impeachment, or to avoid prosecution or something, let me assure you:
    There's been no breaking of laws or impeachable offenses in this office.

The reason I'm quitting is simple. I'm fed up with you people.

I'm fed up because you have no understanding of what's really going on in the world.

Or of what's going on in this once-great nation of ours.

And the majority of you are too damned lazy to do your homework and figure it out.

Let's start local. You've been sold a bill of goods by politicians and the news media.

Meanwhile, all you can do is whine about gas prices, and most of you are too damn stupid to realize that gas prices are high because there's increased demand in other parts of the world, and because a small handful of noisy idiots are more worried about polar bears and beachfront property than your economic security.

We face real threats in the world. Don't give me this 'blood for oil' thing. If I were trading blood for oil I would've already seized Iraq 's oil fields and let the rest of the country go to hell. And don't give me this 'Bush Lied...People Died' crap either. If I were the liar you morons take me for, I could've easily had chemical weapons planted in Iraq so they could be 'discovered.' Instead, I owned up to the fact that the intelligence was faulty.

Let me remind you that the rest of the world thought Saddam had the goods, same as me. Let me also remind you that regime change in Iraq was official US policy before I came into office. Some guy named ' Clinton ' established that policy.
    Bet you didn't know that, did you?

Now some of you morons want to be led by a junior senator with no understanding of foreign policy or economics, and this nitwit says we should attack Pakistan , a nuclear ally. And then he wants to go to Iran and make peace with a terrorist who says he's going to destroy us. While he's doing that, he wants to give Iraq to al Qaeda, Afghanistan to the Taliban, Israel to the Palestinians, and your money to the IRS so the government can give welfare to illegal aliens, who he will make into citizens, so they can vote to re-elect him. He also thinks it's okay for Iran to have nuclear weapons, and we should stop our foreign aid to Israel .
    Did you sleep through high school?

You idiots need to understand that we face a unique enemy. Back during the cold war, there were two major competing political and economic models squaring off. We won that war, but we did so because fundamentally, the Communists wanted to survive, just as we do. We were simply able to out spend and out-tech them.

That's not the case this time. The soldiers of our new enemy don't care if they survive. In fact, they want to die.

That'd be fine, as long as they weren't also committed to taking as many of you with them as they can. But they are..They want to kill you, and the bastards are all over the globe.

You should be grateful that they haven't gotten any more of us here in the United States since September 11. But you're not. That's because you've got no idea how hard a small number of intelligence, military, law enforcement, and homeland security people have worked to make sure of that. When this whole mess started, I warned you that this would be a long and difficult fight. I'm disappointed how many of you people think a long and difficult fight amounts to a single season of 'Survivor.
    '

Instead, you've grown impatient. You're incapable of seeing things through the long lens of history, the way our enemies do. You think that wars should last a few months, a few years, tops.

Making matters worse, you actively support those who help the enemy. Every time you buy the New York Times, every time you send a donation to a cut-and-run Democrat's political campaign, well, dang it, you might just as well Fed Ex a grenade launcher to a Jihadist. It amounts to the same thing.

In this day and age, it's easy enough to find the truth. It's all over the Internet. It just isn't on the pages of the New York Times, USA Today, or on NBC News. But even if it were, I doubt you'd be any smarter. Most of you would rather watch American Idol or Dancing with Stars.

I could say more about your expectations that the government will always be there to bail you out, even if you're too stupid to leave a city that's below sea level and has a hurricane approaching.

I could say more about your insane belief that government, not your own wallet, is where the money comes from. But I've come to the conclusion that were I to do so, it would sail right over your heads.

So I quit. I'm going back to Crawford. I've got an energy-efficient house down there (Al Gore could only dream of) and the capability to be fully self-sufficient for years. No one ever heard of Crawford before I got elected, and as soon as I'm done here pretty much no one will ever hear of it again. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to die of old age before the last pillars of America fall.

Oh, and by the way, Cheney's quitting too. That means Pelosi is your new President. You asked for it.

Watch what she does carefully, because I still have a glimmer of hope that there are just enough of you remaining who are smart enough to turn this thing around in 2008.

So that's it. God bless what's left of America .

Some of you know what I mean. The rest of you, kiss off.

PS - You might want to start learning Farsi, and buy a Koran.

Sooner Benchwarmer IowaSooner26's Avatar
    vCash

Re: I would actually love to see this: Bush Resignation Speech

HAHAHAH sooooooo true.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Would love to see it.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerProphet's Avatar
    vCash

Heh, a mock up of Dubya criticizing people for not understanding the reality of the world and peoples intellectual abilities. That is pretty funny.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

thats pretty good.

When the messiah gets into the white house this country is gonna see trouble that makes this current crises seem like Heaven.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerProphet View Post
    Heh, a mock up of Dubya criticizing people for not understanding the reality of the world and peoples intellectual abilities. That is pretty funny.
    You're way too smart to be in the "W is dumb" camp. At least I think you are.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

The messiah will make it all better dammit. He is going to CHANGE things!!!!!

IF he wins...we are all in for a GIGANTIC ****STORM!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    You're way too smart to be in the "W is dumb" camp. At least I think you are.
    Nobody said anything about "dumb", just mentioned W understanding of reality and his intellectual curiosity.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerProphet View Post
    Nobody said anything about "dumb", just mentioned W understanding of reality and his intellectual curiosity.
    Do you really consider yourself qualified to even comment on his understanding of reality and his intellectual curiosity? Do you speak to him personally or something or have some special insight nobody else does?

W looks/speaks dumb without a doubt. However, I do not believe he lives in Na Na land like so many of you leftistas try to claim.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

the desperation phase is showing to be painful for GOP wonks.

just accept it and get on with what you like best...the open wheelhouse of ripping Clinton/Obama. that's your good times, Newt and Limbaugh invented it for you. go for it.

sucks, you had to jump ship on Bush and throw him under the bus, and re-invent this Reagan nostalgia "real conservative" identity...which is your way of renouncing the Mission Accomplished/GWOT crap job you got sold in 02-04. that's your best key to the pomposity you like best.

to pretend otherwise now is pretty disingenuous.
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout

vCash

Do you really consider yourself qualified to even comment on his understanding of reality and his intellectual curiosity? Do you speak to him personally or something or have some special insight nobody else does?

W looks/speaks dumb without a doubt. However, I do not believe he lives in Na Na land like so many of you leftistas try to claim.
    Look, it seems pretty clear that Dubya is not an "ideas" guy and has even expressed the fact that he doesn't do "nuance". To me this expresses in no uncertain terms that he is an intellectual lightwieght. He seems to have a worldview that is expressed in the most simplistic of terms. Instead of reading Niebuhr he reads Joel Osteen.

I would contend that Dubya's leftist policies are in fact right out of Na Na land.

vCash

I voted for him twice and I think he's a moron. He sold Conservatives out a long time ago. If Obama wasn't such a weak *** candidate, I'd probably vote for him because McCain isn't much better than W.

Buying mortgages out? Pfft!
    My kids rock the flock!

vCash

George...

You had me at "I Quit".

Take it a little easier....

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Well, doesn't the door swing both ways?

If George does actually know what's going on, which he may, then why do so many believe that Obama doesn't or can't do well?

I still have no idea who I'm voting for, but George Bush may not in fact be dumb, which I don't think he is, but he is not a public speaker and I believe he doesn't give a rat's behind about any of us.
    Madness is like gravity.....all you need is a little push.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Good comments Thunder. Except I didn't vote for him either time and I think he's a moron. And no, McCain, at this point, is not much better. I think he's a crazy old man. Now maybe that's a good thing, I don't know but I do know that Obama isn't much better.

I normally know who I'm voting for by now, but I do not know in this election yet. I don't trust any of them and I know no matter who gets elected that they have a ton of stuff to clean up in 4 years or they will not get re-elected.
    Madness is like gravity.....all you need is a little push.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 lexsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 85Sooner View Post
    BUSH RESIGNATION

The following 'speech' was written recently by an ordinary Maine-iac [a resident of the People's Republic of Maine ]. While satirical in nature, all satire must have a basis in fact to be effective.

This is an excellent piece by a person who does not write for a living.

The speech George W.
    Bush might give:

Normally, I start these things out by saying 'My Fellow Americans.' Not doing it this time.

If the polls are any indication, I don't know who more than half of you are anymore.

I do know something terrible has happened, and that you're really not fellow Americans any longer.

I'll cut right to the chase here: I quit.
    Now before anyone gets all in a lather about me quitting to avoid impeachment, or to avoid prosecution or something, let me assure you:
    There's been no breaking of laws or impeachable offenses in this office.

The reason I'm quitting is simple. I'm fed up with you people.

I'm fed up because you have no understanding of what's really going on in the world.

Or of what's going on in this once-great nation of ours.

And the majority of you are too damned lazy to do your homework and figure it out.

Let's start local. You've been sold a bill of goods by politicians and the news media.

Meanwhile, all you can do is whine about gas prices, and most of you are too damn stupid to realize that gas prices are high because there's increased demand in other parts of the world, and because a small handful of noisy idiots are more worried about polar bears and beachfront property than your economic security.

We face real threats in the world. Don't give me this 'blood for oil' thing. If I were trading blood for oil I would've already seized Iraq 's oil fields and let the rest of the country go to hell. And don't give me this 'Bush Lied...People Died' crap either. If I were the liar you morons take me for, I could've easily had chemical weapons planted in Iraq so they could be 'discovered.' Instead, I owned up to the fact that the intelligence was faulty.

Let me remind you that the rest of the world thought Saddam had the goods, same as me. Let me also remind you that regime change in Iraq was official US policy before I came into office. Some guy named ' Clinton ' established that policy.
    Bet you didn't know that, did you?

Now some of you morons want to be led by a junior senator with no understanding of foreign policy or economics, and this nitwit says we should attack Pakistan , a nuclear ally. And then he wants to go to Iran and make peace with a terrorist who says he's going to destroy us. While he's doing that, he wants to give Iraq to al Qaeda, Afghanistan to the Taliban, Israel to the Palestinians, and your money to the IRS so the government can give welfare to illegal aliens, who he will make into citizens, so they can vote to re-elect him. He also thinks it's okay for Iran to have nuclear weapons, and we should stop our foreign aid to Israel .
    Did you sleep through high school?

You idiots need to understand that we face a unique enemy. Back during the cold war, there were two major competing political and economic models squaring off. We won that war, but we did so because fundamentally, the Communists wanted to survive, just as we do. We were simply able to out spend and out-tech them.

That's not the case this time. The soldiers of our new enemy don't care if they survive. In fact, they want to die.

That'd be fine, as long as they weren't also committed to taking as many of you with them as they can. But they are..They want to kill you, and the bastards are all over the globe.

You should be grateful that they haven't gotten any more of us here in the United States since September 11. But you're not. That's because you've got no idea how hard a small number of intelligence, military, law enforcement, and homeland security people have worked to make sure of that. When this whole mess started, I warned you that this would be a long and difficult fight. I'm disappointed how many of you people think a long and difficult fight amounts to a single season of 'Survivor.
    '

Instead, you've grown impatient. You're incapable of seeing things through the long lens of history, the way our enemies do. You think that wars should last a few months, a few years, tops.

Making matters worse, you actively support those who help the enemy. Every time you buy the New York Times, every time you send a donation to a cut-and-run Democrat's political campaign, well, dang it, you might just as well Fed Ex a grenade launcher to a Jihadist. It amounts to the same thing.

In this day and age, it's easy enough to find the truth. It's all over the Internet. It just isn't on the pages of the New York Times, USA Today, or on NBC News. But even if it were, I doubt you'd be any smarter. Most of you would rather watch American Idol or Dancing with Stars.

I could say more about your expectations that the government will always be there to bail you out, even if you're too stupid to leave a city that's below sea level and has a hurricane approaching.

I could say more about your insane belief that government, not your own wallet, is where the money comes from. But I've come to the conclusion that were I to do so, it would sail right over your heads.

So I quit. I'm going back to Crawford. I've got an energy-efficient house down there (Al Gore could only dream of) and the capability to be fully self-sufficient for years. No one ever heard of Crawford before I got elected, and as soon as I'm done here pretty much no one will ever hear of it again. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to die of old age before the last pillars of America fall.

Oh, and by the way, Cheney's quitting too. That means Pelosi is your new President. You asked for it.

Watch what she does carefully, because I still have a glimmer of hope that there are just enough of you remaining who are smart enough to turn this thing around in 2008.

So that's it. God bless what's left of America .

Some of you know what I mean. The rest of you, kiss off.

PS - You might want to start learning Farsi, and buy a Koran.
    Yes, I would love to see a leader who is spiteful, bitter, angry, blames the masses for all the problems, and claims to be "misunderstood." These are all sure signs of strong leadership and a lasting legacy.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Dio's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by lexsooner View Post
    Yes, I would love to see a leader who is spiteful, bitter, angry, blames the masses for all the problems, and claims to be "misunderstood." These are all sure signs of strong leadership and a lasting legacy.

Yeah, it's too bad Biden's only going to make VP, huh?
    "ESPN and Texas are now one and the same." -Stewart Mandel

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Dio's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by King Crimson View Post
    the desperation phase is showing to be painful for GOP wonks.

just accept it and get on with what you like best...the open wheelhouse of ripping Clinton/Obama. that's your good times, Newt and Limbaugh invented it for you. go for it.

sucks, you had to jump ship on Bush and throw him under the bus, and re-invent this Reagan nostalgia "real conservative" identity...which is your way of renouncing the Mission Accomplished/GWOT crap job you got sold in 02-04. that's your best key to the pomposity you like best.

to pretend otherwise now is pretty disingenuous.
    As opposed to the polite, respectful treatment of our current president at the hands of Olberman, Moveon.org, Dailykos, ...etc.?
    "ESPN and Texas are now one and the same." -Stewart Mandel

Emma's Daddy! SoonerStormchaser's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Dio View Post
    As opposed to the polite, respectful treatment of our current president at the hands of Olberman, Moveon.org, Dailykos, ...etc.?
    I'm waiting til after the election to speak on this.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    I voted for him twice and I think he's a moron. He sold Conservatives out a long time ago. If Obama wasn't such a weak *** candidate, I'd probably vote for him because McCain isn't much better than W.

Buying mortgages out? Pfft!
    You can disagree with his tactics, but he hasn't done anything without the approval of the folks around him. Conservative sellout? Please. Republicans haven't been "conservative" in decades. At least not fiscally.

You are not smarter than Bush. So if he's a moron, what are you?