Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Dear Tejas... Your daily reminder...

...of why you suck and we rule.

And don't forget to check out the previous reminder if you're a new Whorn. We get a lot of those this week. We usually don't see them again. There's a lot of b*stard Whorn board handles out there.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/sho...57#post2433357

Anyway, on to today's reminder...

-----

Your God...

...was just another Sooner.

I mean, sure, just like the exodus of Texas high school players across the Red River to Oklahoma now, Royal was interested in for Oklahoma the same things... Winning, Status...

...a coach that claps a lot.

Okay, really he was just interested in winning and status. Who can blame him? In fact, he was so interested in them that he had to go to Tejas to give them those things... and they were so grateful that they named their stadium after him. Darrell K. Royal: The greatest humanitarian Sooner ever. It takes a lot of courage to work with "special needs" football players, but he made a career of it.

[Cue "Real Men of Genius" music...]

the_ouskull
    Skull=the most underrated poster in SoonerFans.com history. -- gdc, 09/05

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

My staff is getting tired of me making them read your posts. -- birddog, 10/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Dear Tejas... Your daily reminder...

[/

vCash

That might be every time he's ever touched the ball. Seriously.

the_ouskull

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

Brewmaster

vCash

... that's not food.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member proud gonzo's Avatar
    vCash

"I'm a mother****ing party all by myself."

And Darrell retired when he refused to try to match the cheating and corruption of Switzer and others. I'm sure it broke his heart to see his alma mater, The University of Oklahoma, sink to the depths that period took it. I may not like Stoops because he seems to have our number but he is a breath of fresh air for OU football in lots of ways. In my thinking, Stoops is the best thing to happen to OU since Wilkerson and he and Darrell could have been freinds like Darrell and Frank Broyles were.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OK2LA's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by utex74 View Post
    And Darrell retired when he refused to try to match the cheating and corruption of Switzer and others. I'm sure it broke his heart to see his alma mater, The University of Oklahoma, sink to the depths that period took it. I may not like Stoops because he seems to have our number but he is a breath of fresh air for OU football in lots of ways. In my thinking, Stoops is the best thing to happen to OU since Wilkerson and he and Darrell could have been freinds like Darrell and Frank Broyles were.
    We cheat

We steal "your" players

We drink your beer

We f your girlfriends

We whip your ***

We go home
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally Pryor View Post
    Rough day. Prior to today, Brown was at the helm of the 2 most embarrassing and humiliating losses in the history of Texas football. Black Saturdays I and II: outscored 128 to 27. Inexcusable games. Nothing, ever, will change that. Simply the 2 lowest moments in the history of our program. Our most bitter, hated, loathed and despised rival completely rap*ng our ***, having mercy on us, and running the ball into the line to avoid scoring 70. I never thought I'd see another Black Saturday. Wrong.

vCash

Up yours Whorn.

vCash

I think what the idiot meant to say is, "Royal retired because he was really old and couldn't "prove" the allegations of cheating against Switzer, and was tired of being out-recruited by him on the regular." He was just a crazy-*ssed old man, running around asking people to take lie detectors in a similar vein to Hitler giving everybody around him, including his dog Blondi, death capsules.

the_ouskull

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OK2LA View Post
    We cheat

We steal "your" players

We drink your beer

We f your girlfriends

We whip your ***

We go home
    perfect

vCash

DKR, as most Okies, sought out challenges and to be the best. He sought to be the best player on the best team in the best state. Later, his challenges to be the best coach led him to the state of texas where if he could coach a texas school to actually compete with and even win against the greatest college football program, surely it would indicate he had scaled a mighty mountain and become one of the best coaches. And although he accomplished his goal, through the hard work, high moral ethics, never say die attitude, and an affinity for those "less talented" - all traits that were naturally instilled in him as an Okie - he found the task to be too great to sustain, as the greatness of the OU football program and the greatness of the State of Oklahoma are far too formidable forces to be overcome with ease or consistency. Thus, Coach Royal, having become an icon - a true living legend with the deepest respect and love a texan could have for a person, truly "royalty" in the state of texas - decided to retire. While the natural benevolence of Okies allowed them to forgive Coach Royal (and even admire him for accomplishing such a monumental task), Coach Royal somehow felt he had betrayed his native state and felt he could not go back (it didn't hurt that he could live like a king among peasants). Thus Coach Royal remained in texas, like a thorobred out to pasture. As for the texas football team? They naturally named their sacred stadium after the Okie that led them to victory. And although they have had some success with another coach with ties to the OU program, they wait, still, for the possible coming of another teacher from the north. They know not his name, nor that he will come, but they pray that someday another great man of the Sooner State will bestow his kindness and knowledge upon them.

Emma's Daddy! SoonerStormchaser's Avatar
    vCash

[QUOTE=utex74;2436148]WilkersonQUOTE]

NEGSPEK JUST FOR THAT!

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Who the hell is Wilkerson????

SoonerFans.com Elite Member XingTheRubicon's Avatar
    vCash

Switzer kicked Royal's a** out of the game. Royal was a quitter.

....and now please direct your attention to the field and J. Clayton Feaver will lead us in a moment of prayer...

"......please protect these young men from injury and for one and all to exhibit good sportsmanship.....IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY AMEN

-J Clayton Feaver

Enjoy

SoonerFans.com Elite Member The Maestro's Avatar
    vCash

Royal did not like trying to recruit black athletes against Switzer.

One of them could relate...one of them couldn't.
    “It never changes. Football is a game of repetition, mental and physical. You may try to articulate it a little different, but it's the same thing: Get better players, make fewer mistakes, and drill the fundamentals into your players' heads. The rest of it is a joke. Teams aren't winning because of what they had for breakfast or what some coach said in the locker room.” - Barry Switzer

vCash

You obviously don't like Barry because he was a better recruiter than anyone in texas.. Tuff stuff, Live with it...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by fossil View Post
    Who the hell is Wilkerson????

Search me..

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    DKR, as most Okies, sought out challenges and to be the best. He sought to be the best player on the best team in the best state. Later, his challenges to be the best coach led him to the state of texas where if he could coach a texas school to actually compete with and even win against the greatest college football program, surely it would indicate he had scaled a mighty mountain and become one of the best coaches. And although he accomplished his goal, through the hard work, high moral ethics, never say die attitude, and an affinity for those "less talented" - all traits that were naturally instilled in him as an Okie - he found the task to be too great to sustain, as the greatness of the OU football program and the greatness of the State of Oklahoma are far too formidable forces to be overcome with ease or consistency. Thus, Coach Royal, having become an icon - a true living legend with the deepest respect and love a texan could have for a person, truly "royalty" in the state of texas - decided to retire. While the natural benevolence of Okies allowed them to forgive Coach Royal (and even admire him for accomplishing such a monumental task), Coach Royal somehow felt he had betrayed his native state and felt he could not go back (it didn't hurt that he could live like a king among peasants). Thus Coach Royal remained in texas, like a thorobred out to pasture. As for the texas football team? They naturally named their sacred stadium after the Okie that led them to victory. And although they have had some success with another coach with ties to the OU program, they wait, still, for the possible coming of another teacher from the north. They know not his name, nor that he will come, but they pray that someday another great man of the Sooner State will bestow his kindness and knowledge upon them.

So very true !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boomermagic View Post
    You obviously don't like Barry because he was a better recruiter than anyone in texas.. Tuff stuff, Live with it...
    Nothwithstanding the fact that one of OU's national championships under Switzer was won when OU was.. SHOCKER.. on probation and couldn't even play in a bowl game...

or....

In his book, he admitted that he had spied on Texas' practices despite the fact that he had vehemently denied it for years.

or....

In his book, he admitted to other instances of paying players at OU

or....

In an interview with the Arkansas Democratic Gazette in September of 2006, he admitted he paid Billy Sims $2,500 to return for his senior year

or....

well.. we don't even have to go into how the drugs, raping and shooting scandal caused the school to finally show him the door...

You mean... besides those things?

In Pacem Requiescat --- October 5, 2003 - October 18, 2010.

Administrator
    vCash

I'd highly suggest keeping your pathetic vitriol confined to your very own homosexual thread Mr. Lid. My threshold and tolerance for your lack of a clue is bordering dangerously close to the "full" line. Confine your crap in one boot, or feel the pain.