Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Whet's Avatar
    vCash

Obama collecting illegal donations?

I wonder how deep George Soros and is ilk are involved in this scam?

More than half of the whopping $426.9 million Barack Obama has raised has come from small donors whose names the Obama campaign won't disclose, ad questions have arisen about millions more in foreign donations the Obama campaign has received that apparently have not been vetted as legitimate.

Federal law does not require the campaigns to identify donors who give less than $200 during the election cycle. However, it does require that campaigns calculate running totals for each donor and report them once they go beyond the $200 mark.

Surprisingly, the great majority of Obama donors never break the $200 threshold.

"Contributions that come under $200 aggregated per person are not listed," said Bob Biersack, a spokesman for the FEC. "They don’t appear anywhere, so there’s no way of knowing who they are."

The FEC breakdown of the Obama campaign has identified a staggering $222.7 million as coming from contributions of $200 or less. Only $39.6 million of that amount comes from donors the Obama campaign has identified. It is the largest pool of unidentified money that has ever flooded into the U.S. election system.

In a letter dated June 25, 2008, the FEC asked the Obama campaign to verify a series of $25 donations from a contributor identified as "Will, Good" from Austin, Texas.

Mr. Good Will listed his employer as "Loving" and his profession as "You."

A Newsmax analysis of the 1.4 million individual contributions in the latest master file for the Obama campaign discovered 1,000 separate entries for Mr. Good Will, most of them for $25, totaling $17,375.
    And then there are the overseas donations — at least, the ones that we know about.

The FEC has compiled a separate database of potentially questionable overseas donations that contains more than 11,500 contributions totaling $33.8 million. More than 520 listed their “state” as “IR,” often an abbreviation for Iran. Another 63 listed it as “UK,” the United Kingdom.

More than 1,400 of the overseas entries clearly were U.S. diplomats or military personnel, who gave an APO address overseas. Their total contributions came to just $201,680.

But others came from places as far afield as Abu Dhabi, Addis Ababa, Beijing, Fallujah, Florence, Italy, and a wide selection of towns and cities in France.

Until recently, the Obama Web site allowed a contributor to select the country where he resided from the entire membership of the United Nations, including such friendly places as North Korea and the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Unlike McCain’s or Sen. Hillary Clinton’s online donation pages, the Obama site did not ask for proof of citizenship until just recently. Clinton’s presidential campaign required U.S. citizens living abroad to actually fax a copy of their passport before a donation would be accepted.

With such lax vetting of foreign contributions, the Obama campaign may have indirectly contributed to questionable fundraising by foreigners.

In July and August, the head of the Nigeria’s stock market held a series of pro-Obama fundraisers in Lagos, Nigeria’s largest city. The events attracted local Nigerian business owners.

At one event, a table for eight at one fundraising dinner went for $16,800. Nigerian press reports claimed sponsors raked in an estimated $900,000.

The sponsors said the fundraisers were held to help Nigerians attend the Democratic convention in Denver. But the Nigerian press expressed skepticism of that claim, and the Nigerian public anti-fraud commission is now investigating the matter.

vCash

Re: Obama collecting illegal donations?

wait, there's more money scams at Barry's place:
    One new measure that might not appear obvious at first could be frustrating to foreigners wanting to buy campaign paraphernalia such as T-shirts or bumper stickers through the online store.

In response to an investigation conducted by blogger Pamela Geller, who runs the blog Atlas Shrugs, the Obama campaign has locked down the store.

Geller first revealed on July 31 that donors from the Gaza strip had contributed $33,000 to the Obama campaign through bulk purchases of T-shirts they had shipped to Gaza.
    The online campaign store allows buyers to complete their purchases by making an additional donation to the Obama campaign.

A pair of Palestinian brothers named Hosam and Monir Edwan contributed more than $31,300 to the Obama campaign in October and November 2007, FEC records show.

Their largesse attracted the attention of the FEC almost immediately. In an April 15, 2008, report that examined the Obama campaign’s year-end figures for 2007, the FEC asked that some of these contributions be reassigned.

The Obama camp complied sluggishly, prompting a more detailed admonishment form the FEC on July 30.

The Edwan brothers listed their address as “GA,” as in Georgia, although they entered “Gaza” or “Rafah Refugee camp” as their city of residence on most of the online contribution forms.

Brewmaster

vCash

I love when anonymous news sources misspell words like "and" and "from".
    ... that's not food.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

surprise, surprise...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

It looks like the right wingers have recovered from their Palin master debating fantasies and have resumed full-on panic mode.
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

vCash

Last edited by Whet; 10/4/2008 at 03:23 PM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Remember when the dems were "pathetic" for voting against George Bush rather than for their own candidate?

Good times.
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 texas bandman's Avatar
    vCash

If you shout untruth enough, maybe someone will actually believe it. Typical GOP operating procedure.
    “Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple.” - Barry Switzer

Quote Originally Posted by Crucifax Autumn View Post
    But their stadium is haunted and we need to avoid it until Scoob and the gang solve the "Mystery of the Perilous Pirate".
    Olevet Troubadour

vCash

How about some of the messiah Barack of Obama quotes:
    "And I am running for president, because the dreams of the American People can not be endangered anymore."

"I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."

"I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations."

"We're going to reshape America in a way that is less mean-spirited and more generous."

"I can no more disown (Jeremiah Wright) than I can disown the black community."

"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person..."

"That’s just how white folks will do you."

"We've got to make sure that people who have more money help the people who have less money."
    "Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula? I mean, they’re charging a lot of money for this stuff."

"You go into some of these small towns in Pennsylvania, and like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

"I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."

"The one thing that I want to insist on is that, as I travel around the country, the American people are a decent people. Now they get confused sometimes. You know, they listen to the wrong talk radio shows or watch the wrong TV networks, um, but they’re, they’re basically decent, they’re basically sound."

Brewmaster

vCash

... that's not food.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 lexsooner's Avatar
    vCash

My, how the Obama haters are bitter. I guess they see Obama heading to the White House, and they are reacting with low class rumors, and pledges they will put him down his entire Presidency and laugh whenever things go bad. To heck with any implications for our country if things go wrong the next four years. What patriotism and class.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

cite your source, Whet.
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Whet View Post
    <really long bumper sticker>
    Ya know, if you hadn't posted this and stretched the page, I would read your posts.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

SoonerFans.com Elite Member proud gonzo's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by texas bandman View Post
    If you shout untruth enough, maybe someone will actually believe it. Typical GOP operating procedure.
    in all fairness, that happens on both sides. i think it's a common trait to tards, not specifically one party.
    "I'm a mother****ing party all by myself."

vCash

The funniest thing is this....

Here is a guy that seems to have drummed up lots of small donations and the focus is on all the small donations. The big Donors who expect favors, attention and maybe even an audience aren't even a concern.

It seems we may have found a loophole via the internet to spread donations anonymously.

I bet they try to get everything disclosed eventually.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

I wouldn't be surprised at anything BHO's supporters pull. While he is probably an honorable person, the same cannot be said of a large segment of his base. The activities of the unions, his shady former associates, the luminati and the looney left will ultimately be his undoing.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHavePride View Post
    I love when anonymous news sources misspell words like "and" and "from".
    Or when it's a news organization called NewsMax pushing those sources.
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

voting illegalities bothers me more than anything else. The Donks won't be happy til the day a guy can stagger into a polling place without any ID or any proof he's not a convicted felon, a citizen or met the residency requirment, get a ballot despite not being registered, and vote. That's your Donk ideal right there.

And unfortunately, millions of those votes are due to be cast this year.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Penguin's Avatar
    vCash

A lot of convicted felons can vote. That's an urban legend that once you are convicted of a single felony, you can never ever vote again.

Depends on the law of the state.
    Quote Originally Posted by proud gonzo
    you're weird

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHavePride View Post
    Hey, having an evil wizard in charge of the world through magic might be a feasible solution to money woes. WHO CARES ABOUT MONEY?! We're all going to be avada kedavra'd in no time anyway.