Charles Krauthammer - Obama Passing The Reagan Threshold

Charles Krauthammer writes a concession speech:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...gan_thres.html

Wow.
    Atheist.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerAtKU's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Charles Krauthammer - Obama Passing The Reagan Threshold

In a related story, Krauthammer is the best last name I've ever heard.

Even beats mine.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

I don't know, "Mine" would be a great last name.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerAtKU's Avatar
    vCash

If my last name was "Mine", I'd have a daughter named Bouncing Betty.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

I feel badly for John McCain. I truly think he would have done a better job over the last eight years than President Bush.

I think he's been a dedicated public servant for his entire life and deserves our honor and respect.

Had he run vs. Gore, I likely would have voted for him.

Had he run vs. Kerry, I would have voted for him.

If he had accepted Kerry's offer to fill the VP slot, Kerry would have won in a landslide.

I would like nothing more than to see a newly-elected President Obama appoint John McCain to an advisory position. I think he still has some great advice to give.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerAtKU View Post
    If my last name was "Mine", I'd have a daughter named Bouncing Betty.
    I'd name her
    "Myava Jay Jayus"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

i don't think it's over.
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

on Mike's opinion of McCain, i show a couple videos in my classes sometimes that focus on the media framing of the McCain Tobacco Bill and the 1996 Telecom Act. McCain is featured quite prominently in both. and that guy was a very respectable public servant with unpopular opinions and one of few dissenting voices about the "giveaway" of the spectrum in the 96 Act and very much a thorn in the side of Big Tobacco in the other example. Good representitive politics. In the late 90's McCain was also an advocate of low transmission radio licenses for local broadcast....which was 180 degrees opposite of FCC and industry deregulated opinion. that was admirable.

now, i don't know about this guy.
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Well, it's apparent that he's taken a hard tack right in order to shore up the Republican base and to win the nomination. I don't know that I necessarily believe that the guy represented by his current campaign is the guy he really is.

I said it a few months ago-I don't think McCain would be a disaster as President at all. I just happen to think the guy running against him would be better.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerProphet's Avatar
    vCash

Krauthammer is rarely right about anything, so I wouldn't get your hopes up JM.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rich View Post
    Well, it's apparent that he's taken a hard tack right in order to shore up the Republican base and to win the nomination. I don't know that I necessarily believe that the guy represented by his current campaign is the guy he really is.

I said it a few months ago-I don't think McCain would be a disaster as President at all. I just happen to think the guy running against him would be better.
    And you are wrong. The guy you are voting for is the disaster in waiting. You think the economy is in shambles now, just wait until his new "punish the corporations and the rich" plan gets started.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Condescending Sooner View Post
    And you are wrong. The guy you are voting for is the disaster in waiting. You think the economy is in shambles now, just wait until his new "punish the corporations and the rich" plan gets started.
    I'll answer that fer Mike!

Yeah, cause the let the corporations do whatever the **** they want strategy has worked so well.

Atheist.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
    I'll answer that fer Mike!

Yeah, cause the let the corporations do whatever the **** they want strategy has worked so well.

I suggest you talk to some business owners and quit getting your political opinions from MTV and the Enquirer.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

I suggest you talk to some business owners and quit getting your political opinions from MTV and the Enquirer.
    OK. Thanks Dad.
    Atheist.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
    OK. Thanks Dad.
    You're welcome. And like most kids, I'm sure you won't listen and will have to find out the hard way that I am right.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

It's pretty cool that we're going to get to find out who's right and who's wrong.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerAtKU View Post
    In a related story, Krauthammer is the best last name I've ever heard.

Even beats mine.
    Yeah, Krauthammer bets AtKU by a mile.
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Krauthammer is close. the financial crisis coming to a head was the death blow. what McCain did subsequently is irrelevant. He is a Republican. And it's perceived as a "bailout for wall street pubs"
    Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Yeah, this financial crisis just gave Obama the White House. Obama is one hell of a story, that is for sure. I hope he makes us all as successful as his campaign has been!

The good thing for the GOP in all this is the emergence of Palin. McCain could have won this thing if it wasn't for this mess on wall street, and it would have been Palin that did it, not Maverick.

Palin in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaTuba View Post
    Yeah, this financial crisis just gave Obama the White House. Obama is one hell of a story, that is for sure. I hope he makes us all as successful as his campaign has been!

The good thing for the GOP in all this is the emergence of Palin. McCain could have won this thing if it wasn't for this mess on wall street, and it would have been Palin that did it, not Maverick.

Palin in 2012.

This is what happens when you eat paint chips, kiddos!