Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member tbl's Avatar
    vCash

Okay conservatives... Do you REALLY think Palin is capable?

I cannot STAND Obama and I was going to vote for a Republican President for the first time since I've been of legal age to vote (I've voted Libertarian every time and R on all the house/senate seats). Now, I honestly think I'm going to "throw away my vote" to Bob Barr (pending the remaining debates). I agree with him on the issues and I just feel that McCain has really screwed up by picking Palin. I liked her at first and thought she did an excellent job during the convention. Now I'm watching her do interviews and it's painful...

My wife is pretty frustrated with me over this as her contempt for Obama is probably more than for a terrorist. However I always vote how I want to vote and while McCain had me early on (again mostly due to my dislike for Obama), I now feel that his choice for VP was shortsighted and I absolutely oppose this bailout program that he is supporting (at least he was the last time I checked).

Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe she'll do well in the debate. I seriously doubt it, but I hope she does. At any rate, I'm back on the fence (between L and R; D is not an option though most of you would say voting L is essentially voting D) and it's mostly due to her.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Re: Okay conservatives... Do you REALLY think Palin is capable?

Palin is as good as O'Biden and better looking. She looks great in high heels, O'Biden can't say that.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    She looks great in high heels, O'Biden can't say that.
    This is about as dumb and worthless a response you could have given him. Yea, she looks good. Oooo wow. It's her stances that people like the OP have a problem with.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

It doesn't matter how Palin does in the debate, it'll be the liberal media's fault. Not her own.

The Republican party has its deflector shields on high for this election.
    Atheist.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

And if McCain gets elected, they have a built in body double for her in the event of a public appearance during high threat alert times.

They can use Tina Fey like the queen did in the Star Wars Phantom Menace.

seriously, I have serious doubts she can run country but stranger things have happened and you never know what you are capable of when you are put in that position. I don't think she is a good choice at all, but that doesn't mean down the road she won't do something great for the country.
    Madness is like gravity.....all you need is a little push.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

I'm a McCain supporter and still plan on voting for him, but I think the way they've handled her since she started doing interviews is not good. Let her be HER instead of trying to keep your spin spinning, i.e. Alaska-Russia foreign relations.

Bottom line, I think she'll do ok, at least as good as Obama or Biden, but I just dont like the situation they've thrust her into.
    Oh... you know...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tommieharris91 View Post
    This is about as dumb and worthless a response you could have given him. Yea, she looks good. Oooo wow. It's her stances that people like the OP have a problem with.
    Man, get a life, it was a joke! Veep is a stupid position and if by chance they ever did get to the Presidency, the old handlers would make sure the policy of the old would stay in place...If she or Biden are that bad, then they will be hounded out of office like Agnew.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

Obama is totally unacceptable, Barr is wasting his time, or trying to help Obama.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Taxman71's Avatar
    vCash

I don't think Palin would be any worse than Obama...especially if Barack didn't get to have his teleprompter handy.

vCash

All my original post considered, I would still believe her more capable than Obama... I just think she's making some serious slip ups and needs to hit the reset button before its too late. We're getting down to crunch time and she's punching holes in the ships hull.

As of yet, I'm still leaning toward Barr...

vCash

She, and most people for that matter, should heed the words of Calvin Coolidge....no man (or woman) ever listened themselves out of a job. I, too, have been surprised she has looked ill-prepared at certain interviews.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tbl View Post
    All my original post considered, I would still believe her more capable than Obama... I just think she's making some serious slip ups and needs to hit the reset button before its too late. We're getting down to crunch time and she's punching holes in the ships hull.

As of yet, I'm still leaning toward Barr...
    In all honesty, she is green and may not be ready for prime time. I for one did consider Barr for my vote until just recently, I am not going to give Oblahma a pass with my vote. However, Palin, OTOH, is a person like me. She went to college, did stuff I did and now has a family and a husband, and goes out and shoots guns, hunts and fishes. She ran the family around and got involved in school and parental aspects. I would rather have her in the VP office with her greenness than O'Biden who lies, cheats and strong arms lobbyists for jobs for his sons...

vCash

If Jimmy Carter can be President, anyone can do it.
    My kids rock the flock!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Her interviews have been hard sliders compared to the softballs Obama and Biden have been exposed to.

I look forward to the debate...she'll wipe the floor with Biden. The experience factor is way overplayed. I think Biden's been doing it for a bazillion years THE WRONG WAY. It's about philosophy...
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    If Jimmy Carter can be President, anyone can do it.
    Yea, and he did such damned good job.
    posse member

vCash

I would do a good job being a President's embarrasing brother.

Vegas.com has Palin as a four touchdown underdog.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KC//CRIMSON View Post
    Vegas.com has Palin as a four touchdown underdog.
    Are you on the democrat payroll?
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    Are you on the democrat payroll?

Are you still on OxyContin?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy View Post
    Her interviews have been hard sliders compared to the softballs Obama and Biden have been exposed to.
    Now this I agree with... However, she still hasn't handled them well at all.