Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

11 days and counting until the LSAT

And I can officially say "Logic puzzles suck ***."

You know what? I don't CARE where Hillary sits on the bus. Or is ranked in a lineup of tapeworms. Or whatever.

Grrr.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Taxman71's Avatar
    vCash

Re: 11 days and counting until the LSAT

All I remember is running out of time as most did. The practice techniquest help alot though. Good luck.

vCash

When I took the LSAT, I didn't really prepare, and had to get there on a dead sprint because they scheduled the LSAT on Game day directly adjacent to Memorial Stadium and I had to park 3/4 of mile away illegally. In spite of this I still posted an excellent score. However, the fact that I really didn't give a **** about being a lawyer, probably should have tipped me off that going to Law School was the wrong choice for me. However, the actual LSAT itself flew by once I was in there.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Lott's Bandana's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rich View Post

You know what? I don't CARE where Hillary sits on the bus. Or is ranked in a lineup of tapeworms. Or whatever.

Grrr.
    Just close your eyes, relax and think of you getting some more doggie lovin.

Grrr.
    people swear by the prep class.....just sayin

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 lexsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Taxman71 View Post
    All I remember is running out of time as most did. The practice techniquest help alot though. Good luck.
    Sounds like the multistate test the first day of the bar. Not enough freakin time, too many questions narrowed down to two possibilities.

vCash

Many law schools give out schollys based on LSAT scores (not just admissions). Thus, it could very profitable to take a prep class.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KC//CRIMSON View Post
    people swear by the prep class.....just sayin
    Well, on the practice tests I'm consistently getting only one or two wrong total on the reading comp and the logical analysis. It's just the dang logic puzzles. I'm consistently getting one wrong in every set. Rarely two, rarely none.

So I'm working my way through every logic puzzle prep book I can find. I've noticed that I am getting gradually better at them, and I'm getting a TON faster as I learn the diagramming techniques.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Well, on the practice tests I'm consistently getting only one or two wrong total on the reading comp and the logical analysis. It's just the dang logic puzzles. I'm consistently getting one wrong in every set. Rarely two, rarely none.

So I'm working my way through every logic puzzle prep book I can find. I've noticed that I am getting gradually better at them, and I'm getting a TON faster as I learn the diagramming techniques.

Hey, whatever works for you is great. My ex who took the prep class scored high enough to get Harvard Law School to foot some of the bill. She said that prep class really helped her out in scoring higher. FWIW.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Well, it's also kind of too late for a prep class.

I dunno, I've never taken a test prep class in my life. In fact, this is the first time I've ever done any kind of test prep at all for a standardized test.

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

Mike you will do well...I shall summon the spirit of Pat Morita to guide you through your test
    Bazinga

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Most everyone blows on those logic puzzles. Face it, if we could do math and stuff, most lawyers would have gone to medical school. There, I said it. I admit it.

Instead, I make my living keeping doctors from losing their estates when some nimcompoop sues them because he can't pee straight after having a 10 pound tumor removed from his lower abdomen.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Big Red Ron's Avatar
    vCash

Grrr.
    Awe, c'mon. Learn to do truth tables. I mean really understand it and all those questions end up being simple equations.

Good luck chunky!

Singed,

Slightly more chunky
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,
    a thousand victories. - Sun Tzu (500 B.C.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member AlbqSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Been over 30 years since I took the LSAT. I used the prep books but not the class. Scored extremely well. Just relax and realize that you have a good job so it isn't like your well being is contingent on this test. You will do fine. Oh yeah, Homey is right. NOBODY does well on the logic puzzles - not even the guys who come up with them.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with ketchup.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey View Post
    Most everyone blows on those logic puzzles. Face it, if we could do math and stuff, most lawyers would have gone to medical school. There, I said it. I admit it.

Instead, I make my living keeping doctors from losing their estates when some nimcompoop sues them because he can't pee straight after having a 10 pound tumor removed from his lower abdomen.
    Weird, I always rocked the logic stuff and hated the narrative/reading comp stuff....must be the CPA in me.

I feel for you Homey, I did some medmal defense in addition to tax and corporate early on and it is.....umm....interesting work.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

Good luck Froz...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

i used to teach classes for the Princeton Review for the SAT, GRE, and GMAT.

the key to the logic puzzles is to spatialize them with diagrams. like sets....if G can plant red flowers next to yellow flowers and yellow flowers next to white flowers...draw circles.
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 47straight's Avatar
    vCash

I'd wish you luck but I've seen your judicial philosophy...
    “Some people who attend the University of Oklahoma seem to represent different values than some people who attend the University of Texas.” -- Mr. J. Mcfarland

"[Christian Scott]'s off the team the day of the incident and I guarantee you he won't be back." -- Typical Dallas horn fan

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 47straight View Post
    I'd wish you luck but I've seen your judicial philosophy...
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CatfishSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Screw the lsat...

Good luck tho...
    Wakey Wakey Eggs & Bakey...