Thread: That tears it!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

That tears it!

My alma mater has offically become a puss-a-torium. Officially

Naps! For flippin' 18 y/o's!

Victor Charles don't cease fire for no naptime. Achmed don't either. This is just the latest in a long string of liberal measures destroying the value of an education from that place that started when they let that chick in who only lasted a week.

Those bastages better never ask me for another dime.

Now, its time for drunky and lighting a candle for a time when The Citadel was a crucible that produced men who dealt with adversity without crying, managed their time, and were a band of brothers.

Citadel will allow cadets to take naps

The Associated Press

CHARLESTON, S.C. --Citadel cadets are now a bit more like other college students and can take naps during their free time.

Commandant of Cadets Greg Stone says an internal review found cadets need more chance to rest, especially freshmen, who must adjust to a grueling military training program and challenging academics. The military college changed a policy that prohibited cadets from sleeping during their free time.

The Post and Courier of Charleston reports the new policy also allows cadets who want to go to bed early to avoid the 11 p.m. knock at the door to make sure they're in their rooms.

Cadets can place a red card on their door indicating they don't want to be disturbed.

Stone said the idea is to make sure cadets get seven uninterrupted hours of sleep each night.

Unlike other college students, cadets at the state military college adhere to a 24-hour schedule, taking classes, studying and participating in military drills, he added.

The chairman of The Citadel's Faculty Council, Bill Woolsey, thinks it's a change for the better.

"It's a long-standing concern of the faculty that cadets don't have enough time to sleep," he said.

Senior cadet Alexander Johnson, said the change will help freshmen, called knobs, because of their close-cropped haircuts. Johnson said he gets enough sleep, between five and seven hours each night.

Cadet William Nall, also a senior, said cadets must learn to manage their time.

"If I need to stay up, I'm going to do that. If I don't get eight hours of sleep every night, my world isn't going to come crashing down," he said.

Information from: The Post and Courier, http://www.charleston.net
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

Re: That tears it!

Siesta for everyone!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

someone sounds cranky...citadel..then army stepchild...says a lot
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Well, be fair.

It can take a lot out of you to engage in a treasonous attack on Union seamen. They may really need the rest.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Back in my day, we couldn't afford shoes, so we went barefoot. In the winter we had to wrap our feet with barbed wire for traction!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Unhappy Re: That tears it!

The Lords of Discipline? Nappies?
    Wot's next? Milk and Cookies?
    Homey, I feel your pain.
    Stand your ground!
    LF

SoonerFans.com Elite Member fadada1's Avatar
    vCash

if you don't like the idea of discipline, don't go to the citadel. if it's too hard, quit and go next door to clemson. sounds pretty easy to me.

keep your head up homey.
    I don’t know if the block on that last one was due to low trajectory or if the guys up front didn’t hold their ground well enough. I’m not convinced it matters. We have every reason to believe the ball could have gone through the uprights and the refs would have signaled first down Oregon. - D.E.

vCash

homey's taking a nap fada.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

If it's their free time, I would think they could do whatever they want (within reason and legality). I think Homey's just mad that he never got to take naps and now they can.

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

The thought of a Do Not Disturb sign on a door where two dudes are bunking makes me tsk.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Animal Mother's Avatar
    Fort Worth, Tejas Alliance Airport Runway 5
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooneron View Post
    The thought of a Do Not Disturb sign on a door where two dudes are bunking makes me tsk.
    They're in there watching the LOGO channel.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

They put locks on the barracks room doors five years ago and I thought that was a mistake too. The whole, "you can leave your wallet on your desk in your room and it will be safe because your brother won't steal" thing kinda went up in flames at that point.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

vCash

It probably went up in flames before that point.