Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Wanna see a "Moose in the headlights?"

I'll take, What is the Bush doctrine? for a $100, Alex.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 landrun's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Wanna see a "Moose in the headlights?"

Heh.... First, he couldn't define what 'the Bush Doctrine' was when he asked the question.
    "... the Bush doctrine, as I understand it,..."

She did an excellent job of answering the questions.

You will NEVER see Obama have to answer questions like she's having too.
    She's undergone more scrutiny in two weeks than Obama has in 2 years.

Does Obama think we have the right to go into Pakistan to kill Bin Laden without their permission?
    Does Obama really have the experience to be president? Seriously. He does NOT.

What national security credentials does Obama have? Literally, NONE.
    National Security is a lot more than voting for a non-binding resolution on the senate floor.

You get my point. He'll never be asked anything but softball questions from the liberal press. And she literally does have more executive experience than Obama AND Biden combined.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tbl's Avatar
    vCash

Ouch... I had no idea what the Bush doctrine was, but Charlie was obviously doing this with the intent of getting the reaction he got. I'm hoping he puts the same level of grilling on Obama and Biden, but I highly doubt he will.

That kind of political speak where they NEVER answer the question is done on both sides, all the time. For an example of Obama doing it, watch the interview with Rick Warren when the abortion issue comes up. He never answers the question, but instead gives a bunch of political speak around it.

Frankly if Charlie Gibson and every other reporter were to do this to all the politicians it would be fantastic, but I have a feeling he might be a little softer on the dems.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 landrun's Avatar
    vCash

oh... yeah... and Israel can bomb Iran without asking our permission.

Deal with it....

Awesoministrator

vCash

Moose?!?!? What a sexist thing to say!!!!!!11

And how dare the liberal media ask her questions like that! She was the governor of Alaska! She dealt with Russia all the time!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tbl's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by landrun View Post
    He'll never be asked anything but softball questions from the liberal press.
    That's what I have a problem with. However when he does get a hard question, he will do exactly what she did and wag the dog, however I highly doubt they'll call him out like Gibson did right there. "I'm sorry. You said a lot of words, but I'm not sure you answered the question."

I'll make a 1 year sig bet right now that we will never see Gibson use that same tactic on Obama. Never.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 47straight's Avatar
    vCash

What's the bush doctrine?
    “Some people who attend the University of Oklahoma seem to represent different values than some people who attend the University of Texas.” -- Mr. J. Mcfarland

"[Christian Scott]'s off the team the day of the incident and I guarantee you he won't be back." -- Typical Dallas horn fan

She's undergone more scrutiny in two weeks than Obama has in 2 years.
    Maybe because we have eight weeks to understand where she stands, not two years.

Does Obama think we have the right to go into Pakistan to kill Bin Laden without their permission?
    Yes he does:
    "There are terrorists holed up in those mountains who murdered 3,000 Americans. They are plotting to strike again. It was a terrible mistake to fail to act when we had a chance to take out an al-Qaida leadership meeting in 2005. If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf won't act, we will." -Barack Obama, Aug. 2007
    Does Obama really have the experience to be president? Seriously. He does NOT.
    Totally subjective. Seriously. Since if you're talking years of public service, he has more than Bush had--in addition to being a natural-born citizen, over 35, and has been a permanent resident in the United States for at least fourteen years.

And she literally does have more executive experience than Obama AND Biden combined.
    And she is not a candidate for chief executive. McCain, however, is and has zero executive experience for someone wanting to become chief executive. Furthermore, you won't find anywhere in the Constitution that you have to be a governor or mayor before you can become president.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Moose?!?!? What a sexist thing to say!!!!!!11

And how dare the liberal media ask her questions like that! She was the governor of Alaska! She dealt with Russia all the time!
    OMG! They cannot ask THE SARAH any relevant questions to becoming a world leader! How dare the media do it's job!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KC//CRIMSON View Post
    <youtube video>
    OK, this is the first thing I've seen of tonight's interview. I wanna take her answer as a "yes", but it wasn't completely definitive. I don't see how this question was a softball or how the answer was complete dance around the issue (though the end was). She can't simply give beauty pageant answers when grilled like this though, or she will cost the pubs this election.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews

Palin Links Iraq to Sept. 11 In Talk to Troops in Alaska

FORT WAINWRIGHT, Alaska, Sept. 11 -- Gov. Sarah Palin linked the war in Iraq with the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, telling an Iraq-bound brigade of soldiers that included her son that they would "defend the innocent from the enemies who planned and carried out and rejoiced in the death of thousands of Americans."

The idea that the Iraqi government under Saddam Hussein helped al-Qaeda plan the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, a view once promoted by Bush administration officials, has since been rejected even by the president himself. But it is widely agreed that militants allied with al-Qaeda have taken root in Iraq since the U.S.-led invasion.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Well, I'm pretty sure they were celebrating...
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

So what?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Just curious.

Does anyone really give a **** about how much executive experience someone has had? It's pretty much a goddamn crap-shoot whether someone with "executive experience" is actually worth a damn.

I mean, W has more executive experience than any of the folks in this race, and for all that experience, he's not worth a pile of dog **** when it comes to the stuff that executives are supposed to be good at.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tommieharris91 View Post
    OK, this is the first thing I've seen of tonight's interview. I wanna take her answer as a "yes", but it wasn't completely definitive. I don't see how this question was a softball or how the answer was complete dance around the issue (though the end was). She can't simply give beauty pageant answers when grilled like this though, or she will cost the pubs this election.
    Sounded to me like she tactfully said "yes", we have a right to defend ourselves, if we determine a strike in another country is needed to do that. I don't see how you tabbed her answer as "beauty pageant".
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 texas bandman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    Sounded to me like she tactfully said "yes", we have a right to defend ourselves, if we determine a strike in another country is needed to do that. I don't see how you tabbed her answer as "beauty pageant".
    Rush is still aroused from the convention. Palin says no wrong.
    “Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple.” - Barry Switzer

Quote Originally Posted by Crucifax Autumn View Post
    But their stadium is haunted and we need to avoid it until Scoob and the gang solve the "Mystery of the Perilous Pirate".
    Olevet Troubadour

vCash

She's smart. She'll have the talking points down soon.

But I don't know about her thinking on her feet in a debate.
    Not that I want to elect the best (master) debater, but it could be fun to watch.

I wonder if they're actually trying to help her sound more moderate because she is pretty far to the right of McCain. The base is energized and now it's time to appeal to middle America.

This year, I think, was the year the Dems should have had a Southerner on the ballot. Would have made things more interesting.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

JSM will probably offer BHO a cabinet post.

Three more weeks and we'll know for sure the GOP is going to prevail.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

She did an excellent job of answering the questions.
    If by excellent job you mean "answered in slogans" then yeah, she was stellar.

She better brush up on foreign policy or Biden will rip her a new one.

Rip her a new one? What a sexist thing to say!!