Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Jason Bourne for POTUS!

Matt Damon basically Jason Bourne'd Governor Sarah Palin in the face today while in Toronto promoting ONEXONE a Canadian children's charity. His major concern seems to be what happens when John McCain kicks the bucket in office if the Republicans win?:

"You do the actuary tables, there's a one out of three chance, if not more, that McCain doesn't survive his first term, and it'll be President Palin. It's like a really bad Disney movie, "The Hockey Mom.' Oh, I'm just a hockey mom from Alaska, and she's president. "She's facing down Vladimir Putin and using the folksy stuff she learned at the hockey rink. It's absurd."

I know one thing... Sarah Palin is NOT ****ing Matt Damon!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sooner_born_1960's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Jason Bourne for POTUS!

There is also about a one in three chance brack is elected president, and we're in the same boat.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member LosAngelesSooner's Avatar
    Rubbing elbows with all the beautiful people.
    vCash

grrrr....

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/sho...&postcount=187

Don't steal me thundar, bub.

Reluctantly double secret Ninja-Maverick member of the Posse (in protest). That's right...Ice...Man...I AM dangerous.

"You have to be aware that there's a line where legitimate concerns begin to collapse into paranoid fantasy." - David Frum, Conservative author and speechwriter for President George W. Bush

vCash

Matt Damon cracks me up.

"I really need to know if she thinks dinosaurs lived here four thousand years ago. That's an important...I wanna know that, I really do. Because she's gonna have the nuclear codes." - Matt Damon

Funny chit.
    Reluctantly double secret Ninja-Maverick member of the Posse (in protest). That's right...Ice...Man...I AM dangerous.

"You have to be aware that there's a line where legitimate concerns begin to collapse into paranoid fantasy." - David Frum, Conservative author and speechwriter for President George W. Bush

Brewmaster

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LosAngelesSooner View Post
    Matt Damon cracks me up.

"I really need to know if she thinks dinosaurs lived here four thousand years ago. That's an important...I wanna know that, I really do. Because she's gonna have the nuclear codes." - Matt Damon

Funny chit.
    From my dad - a gun totin' NRA member for life: "You know, if he ran with Robin Williams as his Vice President, I'd vote for him."
    ... that's not food.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jerk's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LosAngelesSooner View Post
    Matt Damon cracks me up.

Funny chit.
    I like it when Democrats mock anyone who is religious (and they are always Christian).

It goes over real well in 'fly-over' land on election day.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Fred Bastiat

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OKC-SLC's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jerk View Post
    I like it when Democrats mock anyone who is religious (and they are always Christian).

you'd think democrats would have learned at least two things from the 2000 and 2004 elections:

1) Most Americans like Christians in the Oval Office

2) Celebrities do not attract voters.

Entertain me, Matt. Hell, I liked the 'cougar' line in Oceans EleventyBillion or whatever that was. You're a fairly funny guy. Entertain me.

Brewmaster

vCash

There's a difference between your normal, everyday Christian and someone who literally believes the Earth is 4,000 years old.
    ... that's not food.

Emma's Daddy! SoonerStormchaser's Avatar
    vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jerk View Post

Yeah, because there's nothing to mock about someone actually believing that the Earth is only 4-6 thousand years old.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OKC-SLC View Post
    you'd think democrats would have learned at least two things from the 2000 and 2004 elections:

Entertain me, Matt. Hell, I liked the 'cougar' line in Oceans EleventyBillion or whatever that was. You're a fairly funny guy. Entertain me.
    "Most" Americans watch American Idol. Doesn't mean I'm a-gonna.

Call me elitist, but I'm just better than you.

3) Having a brother who is also a governor comes in real handy.

Brewmaster

vCash

NSFW AL ALL.

... that's not food.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHavePride View Post
    There's a difference between your normal, everyday Christian and someone who literally believes the Earth is 4,000 years old.
    Sure there is. But I don't think that's the point, or joke, or whatever, that he's trying to make.

vCash

[QUOTE=LosAngelesSooner;2395358]"Most" Americans watch American Idol. Doesn't mean I'm a-gonna.QUOTE]

The fact of the matter is that there are several things popular among Americans. Included are Christianity and watching ***tty TV shows. Problem for the dem campaigners is that they simply cannot make an emphasis of the fact that they think Christians are dumb. These people vote, and stuff.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KC//CRIMSON View Post
    3) Having a brother who is also a governor comes in real handy.
    Doesn't hurt.

Neither does winning elections.

vCash

Sure there is. But I don't think that's the point, or joke, or whatever, that he's trying to make.
    Exactly. The point is that everything is about perception. If I say, "Gee, those Cincy Bearcat players were fast! Maybe they thought they were being chased by the police!" Am I saying this because they were black or because they were thugs who could run?
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Fred Bastiat

Brewmaster

vCash

Really? I thought that was EXACTLY the point he was trying to make. If by some chance a reactionary fundamentalist Christian - who believes the earth is 4,000 years old and so on - was to become President, that person would be incapable of reaching understandings with foreign, non-Christian cultures. So at that point you might as well punch our ticket for World War 3.
    ... that's not food.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHavePride View Post
    Really? I thought that was EXACTLY the point he was trying to make. If by some chance a reactionary fundamentalist Christian - who believes the earth is 4,000 years old and so on - was to become President, that person would be incapable of reaching understandings with foreign, non-Christian cultures. So at that point you might as well punch our ticket for World War 3.
    I agree with this.

I think to raise that question when talking about Palin is to suggest that because she's a conservative she might be such a fundamentalist.

Has he raised that question about Obama? Hell, I've actually heard Obama declare that he's a Christian many times and I don't know that I've heard Palin say it once.

vCash

I read this somewhere else and it sums this up nicely:

You know, he's right.

It is pretty scary thinking that the chief executive of the largest land mass state in the union, which supplies this nation with a large portion of it's energy, is a prime target for terrorists and is a stone throw away from Russia could wind up with the "nuclear codes".

Let's give the "nuclear codes" to a community organizer who has spent his entire national political career running for president, whose best friend is a terrorist and whose spiritual adviser thinks that America got what it deserved on 9/11. That'd make me feel much safer.
    - Fred Bastiat