Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Political threads pledge

In the interest of board peace and love, from this point until 11/4*, I won't start any more political threads. I will, however, respond if my guy is attacked or information put forth by others is false and/or misleading.

This will be difficult because I enjoy politics and political debate. I'll settle for reading what's posted and crafting responses to political threads begun by others. Nevertheless, my sense is this is what people here want, and I want to be cooperative member of OUr little community.

*After 11/4, if we have a winner; meaning it doesn't go into extra innings like 2000, I won't start any either.

I reserve the right to post observations on international events and national security affairs. Oh, and if they ever find Bigfoot or Batboy, I'm all over it.

There you have it. Carry on.
    Last edited by Okla-homey; 9/7/2008 at 02:01 PM.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

vCash

Re: Political threads pledge

Did someone tell you that you were starting too many?
    You DO start your fair share and I'll be amazed if you can pull this off; just wondering what prompts this insight and change of behavior.

I like the political threads, but I understand that the others on the SO might get miffed when the whole front page is full of them.

Don't know if it would be worth having a separate forum for politics or not; the SO would be kinda weird without politics, but it's kinda weird when it's 90% politics too.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    Did someone tell you that you were starting too many?
    You DO start your fair share and I'll be amazed if you can pull this off; just wondering what prompts this insight and change of behavior.

I like the political threads, but I understand that the others on the SO might get miffed when the whole front page is full of them.

Don't know if it would be worth having a separate forum for politics or not; the SO would be kinda weird without politics, but it's kinda weird when it's 90% politics too.
    No one said anything, but you can kind of tell from subtle cues from folks. As far as 90% politics goes, its the political season and its natural there should be a bunch. Nevertheless, I'm on the wagon.
    Last edited by Okla-homey; 9/7/2008 at 02:23 PM.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

vCash

Dude, I hope you're not reading "subtle cues" from me. Start all the threads you want as far as I'm concerned. My interest is in keeping the partisans on the board from reaching critical mass as we approach election day.
    The SF.com Retard Remover...it makes the postards you have on ignore disappear completely:
    http://173.203.71.50/sfcom_retard_remover.user.js

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    Dude, I hope you're not reading "subtle cues" from me. Start all the threads you want as far as I'm concerned. My interest is in keeping the partisans on the board from reaching critical mass as we approach election day.
    Not at all my friend. Just trying to do my part. A little unilateral disarmament if you will.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    Can I still Bait Rus ?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Can I still Bait Rus ?
    you act like that's a challenge. Rus is living proof that you can be dumb as a rock and be qualified to stand in a suit in a courtroom.

Then again, that sums up lawyers as a whole imo.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Scott D View Post
    you act like that's a challenge. Rus is living proof that you can be dumb as a rock and be qualified to stand in a suit in a courtroom.

Then again, that sums up lawyers as a whole imo.
    I just dont wanna get bained again fer Baitin the Dude
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

I just dont wanna get bained again fer Baitin the Dude
    it's not like you need to speak on anything political to bait him.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Scott D View Post
    it's not like you need to speak on anything political to bait him.
    I had him so Mad One Night He threatend to Kill me
    we Both got some time off

Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

I had him so Mad One Night He threatend to Kill me
    we Both got some time off
    You got banned?!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by CK Sooner View Post
    You got banned?!
    Ive done time In hole Twice Now

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BudSooner's Avatar
    vCash

MUST RESIST TEMPTATION.........

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 r5TPsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Come talk to me when you do real time biatch.
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should Be."
    -Edgar Allan Poe

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

I still don't understand why there can't be a politics forum. I've heard the reasons for it, but I still don't buy it. Oh well, it's not my board and it doesn't bother me in the slightest to have 20 political threads on the first page of the SO.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    I still don't understand why there can't be a politics forum. I've heard the reasons for it, but I still don't buy it. Oh well, it's not my board and it doesn't bother me in the slightest to have 20 political threads on the first page of the SO.
    I agree. The Blender (no offense to those of you who use it sparingly) but that seems like as logical a place as any.

Assign 1 or 2 mods to that place alone, and it seems like it would work. Every other site I visit that's a message board has one of these and it has cut down on a lot of nastiness and bickering.

However, it's not my board and it doesn't bother me in the slightest to have 10-20 political threads on the first page of the SO. I just look at the person who starts the thread and I pretty much know what direction it's gonna go, so I pick and choose as wisely as one can.
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should Be."
    -Edgar Allan Poe

vCash

Totally not in favor of a separate political forum. Besides, take politics off the SO right now and there's not much else there.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    Totally not in favor of a separate political forum. Besides, take politics off the SO right now and there's not much else there.
    Not true. "What are you listening to now" is always there... always.
    -Edgar Allan Poe

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by r5TPsooner View Post
    Not true. "What are you listening to now" is always there... always.
    Well, there's that and......er, well there's that.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    Besides, take politics off the SO right now and there's not much else there.

That's another discussion altogether right there.