Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

I have no patience with kids.

So I really like babies. I'll admit it. I think they're cute and I always like holding them. This causes people to say "oh, you're so great with kids."

They are wrong. I am horrible with kids. We babysat my 11 month old nephew this Saturday and I couldn't take it. He started screaming about god knows what and I'm not kidding, I wanted to wring his neck, which made me feel as though I was a horrible person on par with Hitler. Then we had to give him a bath and he screamed and stomped his feet the whole time. Again, I wanted to just smack him, and again, I became more convinced that I am a horrible person, on par with Vlad the Impaler. My solution was that I told my wife, "I'm done here. You deal with him."

I'm terrified that if I ever became a parent I'd end up being one of those people on the news that snaps because their baby won't stop crapping their pants (or some other thing that is completely normal for babies/toddlers to do but that is searingly annoying and frustrating). And seriously, I'm a bit concerned that I'm a psychopath.
    The SF.com Retard Remover...it makes the postards you have on ignore disappear completely:
    http://173.203.71.50/sfcom_retard_remover.user.js

vCash

Re: I have no patience with kids.

Ya say that like its a Bad thing .
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 frankensooner's Avatar
    vCash

Other peoples kids suck. Your kids, well, you get used to them.

vCash

You should have just dipped his pacificer in some codine laced cough syrup.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

vCash

really, they are more tolerable when they are your own
    Whenever a boy comes you should always have something baking.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonervegas's Avatar
    vCash

Hmmm I have a 4 yr old and an 18 month old and I want to wring their necks about 2-3 times per day. The thing is I don't.....

Then later they will do something funny or cute and you will realize how much they have you whipped.

You sound pretty normal to me.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SoonerInKCMO's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    I'm terrified that if I ever became a parent I'd end up being one of those people on the news that snaps because their baby won't stop crapping their pants (or some other thing that is completely normal for babies/toddlers to do but that is searingly annoying and frustrating). And seriously, I'm a bit concerned that I'm a psychopath.
    I agree with you 100% (note I deleted the part about liking to hold babies). People usually think I'm joking when I say it, but I honestly fear that I'd lose my mind if I had a child.
    We have always known that heedless self-interest was bad morals; we know now that it is bad economics. FDR.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Kids are hard. But when they're yours it is different.
    Atheist.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerbrat View Post
    really, they are more tolerable when they are your own
    Until they are about 14.

vCash

so you like to "tolerate" other people's 14 year olds?

creepy...

Veritas, just live by your signature & you'll be fine as a parent.

Guns & God clinger-to'er.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUDoc View Post
    Until they are about 14.
    mine are pretty OK..never had those typical teenage problems with them. the biggest problem I had with my son is that he didnt' want to get his drivers license and I really needed him to drive.
    Whenever a boy comes you should always have something baking.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member RacerX's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    So I really like babies. I'll admit it. I think they're cute and I always like holding them. This causes people to say "oh, you're so great with kids."

They are wrong. I am horrible with kids. We babysat my 11 month old nephew this Saturday and I couldn't take it. He started screaming about god knows what and I'm not kidding, I wanted to wring his neck, which made me feel as though I was a horrible person on par with Hitler. Then we had to give him a bath and he screamed and stomped his feet the whole time. Again, I wanted to just smack him, and again, I became more convinced that I am a horrible person, on par with Vlad the Impaler. My solution was that I told my wife, "I'm done here. You deal with him."

that's cool, the world needs fewer huskers.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    that's cool, the world needs fewer huskers.
    Between Veritas and their men's wrestling team, they appear to be well on their way to making that a reality.
    Atheist.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by frankensooner View Post
    Other peoples kids suck. Your kids, well, you get used to them.
    It is true - you see, an 11-month-old does not just start whining one day about bathwater. Rather, it gradually gets to that point.

The same goes for terrible two's, spoiled grade schoolers, know-it-all preteens and rebellious teenagers. None of it happens overnight.

Therefore, a one-time dealio here should not sour you on kiddos. If you have longer time periods to spend with them, you might get a better idea.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

For the record, 3-11 is the "Golden Time." It's all downhill after that until they hit 21 or so. In fact, felonious thoughts involving false imprisonment, sale to slave merchants and/or suffocation are stronger when a daughter is 14 than at any time before or after that age. So far.

just sayin'
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
    Kids are hard. But when they're yours it is different.

True. I hope my boy doesn't get a girl pregnant at 17, then I won't be able to be Vice President.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    True. I hope my boy doesn't get a girl pregnant at 17, then I won't be able to be Vice President.
    but their son could be the Democrat nominee for Leader of the Free World. So you'd have that going for you. Which is nice, Mr. First Grandpaw.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

Whew. That's some hope and change I can believe in.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SouthFortySooner's Avatar
    vCash

I have 3. Your reaction/feelings seem pretty normal.
    " Ok children put your hands on your heart... and face Norman."