Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    vCash

The "experts" are at it again!

Over the last 24 hours, I've seen more than enough games and CFB talk shows to know that we are not getting any kind of respect.

All I have heard is "The big boys, Georgia, USC, tOSU and Florida are the elite of this season's teams...blah, blah, blah".

I have always liked the "under the radar" approach, but for the love of God, give us a little respect!

Is it because of how we ended last season against WVU? Coming into this season, we are the 3rd winningest team of the past decade, you'd think that would factor in somewhere.

vCash

Re: The "experts" are at it again!

Meh. We're getting plenty of love. But this week we beat up on "The Little Sister of the Poor" and don't deserve much coverage. Wait until we play someone. What burns me is the bandwagon love fest that will come about Halloween if we keep winning. Icky, yucky, gross in a "don't touch me THERE" kind of way.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Coming into this season, we are the 3rd winningest team of the past decade, you'd think that would factor in somewhere.
    Only if winning perctange over the last decade is part of the computer polls. Which it isn't. We played a minor leage team, and not even a good minor league team. USC beat the snot out of a team that actually lifts weights and stuff. On the road. UVA is no great shakes, but certainly better than Chattanooga. Our second half wasn't very impressive at all, regardless of if we had the second string in. Forget the rain delay. Chattanooga had the same rain delay we did. I'm not trying to bring the doom and gloom, but yesterday didn't really teach us anything about what this season is going to be like. Even Okie Light had a more impressive win than we did. It's too early in the season to get worked up over who is and isn't getting any attention.
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    Meh. We're getting plenty of love. But this week we beat up on "The Little Sister of the Poor" and don't deserve much coverage. Wait until we play someone. What burns me is the bandwagon love fest that will come about Halloween if we keep winning. Icky, yucky, gross in a "don't touch me THERE" kind of way.
    I guess I don't 'feel the love'....of course, Colorado seems to think that they own OU...maybe that's more of what I feel.

I am so used to the bandwagon-ing that I almost don't notice it anymore.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mdklatt View Post
    Only if winning perctange over the last decade is part of the computer polls. Which it isn't. We played a minor leage team, and not even a good minor league team. USC beat the snot out of a team that actually lifts weights and stuff. On the road. UVA is no great shakes, but certainly better than Chattanooga. Our second half wasn't very impressive at all, regardless of if we had the second string in. Forget the rain delay. Chattanooga had the same rain delay we did. I'm not trying to bring the doom and gloom, but yesterday didn't really teach us anything about what this season is going to be like. Even Okie Light had a more impressive win than we did. It's too early in the season to get worked up over who is and isn't getting any attention.
    I've always thought pre-season polls were stupid anyway, however, we were voted in the top five. I know we didn't play much more than a high school team, but then again Georgia only won by 24 to a team that lost to our high school opponent last year.

You do make a good point though. I suppose that beating a team from a real conference carries a little more weight.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

It didn't help OUr exposure being on PPV and then having to delay the second half over an hour because of weather. The media heard the final score but didn't really see OU play. Just as well because no one really learns much watching a team against a hapless opponent . . . unlike those played by the other superpowers of the NCAA football Universe.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 adoniijahsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Over the last 24 hours, I've seen more than enough games and CFB talk shows to know that we are not getting any kind of respect.

All I have heard is "The big boys, Georgia, USC, tOSU and Florida are the elite of this season's teams...blah, blah, blah".

I have always liked the "under the radar" approach, but for the love of God, give us a little respect!

Is it because of how we ended last season against WVU? Coming into this season, we are the 3rd winningest team of the past decade, you'd think that would factor in somewhere.
    It cant be the way we ended, because OSU ended their season with a butt spanking as well.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I guess I don't 'feel the love'....of course, Colorado seems to think that they own OU...maybe that's more of what I feel.

Just tell your Buff friends that you hope they will be in KC because you KNOW the Sooners will be.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

that's the truth, ain't it. they think they dominate the series recently. they beat Gibbs (decent wins for them), Schnelly, and Blake. and in 99. after that they were all yakking about how Barney owns Stoops.

of course, last year was terrible living here. somehow, they see the 7 losses they had last year as flukes and not that game.
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

i will say i wasted about 48 minutes of my life waiting to see highlights on ESPN last night after the Mizzou game...to see the OU highlights. we were pretty much last in the queue of "heavies".

they did show the Iglesius PR which i wanted to see after hearing BBsr call it. i'm being nice.
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonermix's Avatar
    vCash

we have respect we are in the top 5 just because they are not sniffing around our nuts trying to hump our legs and falling all over each other trying to say we are the best team in the country doesn't mean lack of respect.

its the first week enjoy the fact it is football season for now. worry about respect from the "experts" after texass
    < this space reserved for something clever >

vCash

I just heard an excerpt from a Philip Fulmer interview and he said something like...

"It not really where you start out the Season...it's where you end up in December"

I still like being at #4 or 5 to start than 18.

vCash

We played a mediocre high school team, how much love should we have expected? Of course I like seeing us being talked about and on the highlights too, but in this case I can understand us not getting much play, and besides that we were on freakin PPV.

That being said one of the announcers at one of the early games when asked who he favored to win it all picked OU.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okiewaker's Avatar
    vCash

I'm kinda glad not much pub. Maybe LESS pub and tightly closed practices = 8. Recent years we have gotten alot of pub. Not supersticous (sp) or anything, just sayin.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Love in September is fleeting - show me the love in December and January.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PLaw View Post
    Love in September is fleeting - show me the love in December and January.
    Show me a bowl win in January and we'll have all the love we can stand.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Brewmaster

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mdklatt View Post
    Chattanooga had the same rain delay we did.
    And scored zero points after halftime. We had to give them 2. Just saying.
    ... that's not food.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jwlynn64's Avatar
    vCash

For anyone complaining about the second half, Bob was interviewed after the game and he commented that it is a coaching nightmare to be up like that so early.

They basically ran plays up the middle and didn't throw anything over the top to keep the d-backs honest.

Their goal was to keep possession of the ball without trying to score. Like Bob said, that is a hard task to manage.
    Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich - Napoleon Bonaparte

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by adoniijahsooner View Post
    It cant be the way we ended, because OSU ended their season with a butt spanking as well.
    Yes, but the media (national) have no choice but to be on OSU's shrunken, crooked phallus. The rest of the Big-10 is so astonishingly bad, OSU is the only team to fellate.

Since the Big-teneleven represents a gazillion viewers, national sports outlets have to pretend like at least *one* of their teams doesn't reek like a capsized post-Katrina port-a-poty at the Convention Center.

Our conference has plenty of other teams to get all dewey eyed about -- so they aren't forced to give us an inordinate quantity of praise.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RedstickSooner View Post
    Yes, but the media (national) have no choice but to be on OSU's shrunken, crooked phallus. The rest of the Big-10 is so astonishingly bad, OSU is the only team to fellate.

Since the Big-teneleven represents a gazillion viewers, national sports outlets have to pretend like at least *one* of their teams doesn't reek like a capsized post-Katrina port-a-poty at the Convention Center.

Our conference has plenty of other teams to get all dewey eyed about -- so they aren't forced to give us an inordinate quantity of praise.
    Damn......that was creative.....all true, but very creative!