SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

McCain Commercial

I don't think I've ever seen a commercial from a presidential candidate--particularly a pub--being shown in Oklahoma, but there's a McCain commercial running frequently during the Olympics. Hmmm...is Obama gaining enough ground here to make the McCainiacs worried?

A couple of highlights from the commercial:

We're worse off than we were four years ago. Is McCain throwing Bush under the bus, even in this reddest of red states?

McCain is going to fight Big Oil. By giving them tax breaks and all the offshore drilling they want, apparently. THAT'LL SHOW 'EM!
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Re: McCain Commercial

I think those ads are shown nationally. I'm not exactly sure why Obama would waste a lot of his ad money here, either.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tommieharris91 View Post
    I think those ads are shown nationally. I'm not exactly sure why Obama would waste a lot of his ad money here, either.
    Have you seen Obama ads, too?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonermix's Avatar
    vCash

i'm soonermix and i approved this thread

paid for by the americans supporting THE OKLAHOMA SOONERS
    < this space reserved for something clever >

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

I think the McCain ads are national buys.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

I've seen both McCain and Obama ads during the Olympics.

And the notion that we're "reducing our dependency on foreign oil" by subsidizing big oil to drill offshore and that people are buying it as viable alternative makes me a sad panda.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rich View Post
    I think the McCain ads are national buys.
    Isn't that a waste of money? It's pretty easy to target TV ads nowadays, isn't it?

vCash

I don't watch much TV but Ive seen about an equal amount
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
    And the notion that we're "reducing our dependency on foreign oil" by subsidizing big oil to drill offshore and that people are buying it as viable alternative makes me a sad panda.
    Ol' T. Boone apparently supports offshore and ANWR drilling (or at least he's not opposed to it), but even he acknowledges that it's just a drop in the bucket and not a real solution to anything.

vCash

What's sad is that entities with huge money make their own commercials and throw them out there without caring what the Candidate thinks.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 lexsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mdklatt View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen a commercial from a presidential candidate--particularly a pub--being shown in Oklahoma, but there's a McCain commercial running frequently during the Olympics. Hmmm...is Obama gaining enough ground here to make the McCainiacs worried?

We're worse off than we were four years ago. Is McCain throwing Bush under the bus, even in this reddest of red states?

McCain is going to fight Big Oil. By giving them tax breaks and all the offshore drilling they want, apparently. THAT'LL SHOW 'EM!
    1. It's perfectly safe to throw W under a bus. Nobody likes or respects him, so no big deal. McCain has to distance himself from the loser, so it's a good strategy.

2. Sounds impressive, but NOBODY can successfully fight Big Oil.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by lexsooner View Post
    1. It's perfectly safe to throw W under a bus. Nobody likes or respects him, so no big deal. McCain has to distance himself from the loser, so it's a good strategy.
    No doubt, just not in Bush-friendly territory like Oklahoma.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mdklatt View Post

that's the ad for the liberal vote, no doubt.

I doubt though that Obama is a threat to win Oklahoma. Not after seeing the latest poll.